Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

obsidian chest quest

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 04, 2009
Hello, I seem to be having a problem getting the obsidian chest in MooShu to get a piece of the dragon riders staff that is scattered all around the spiral.
I have all the pieces except for the one in the ancient burial ground and
cannot go into the temple where it is located, there are two pieces in MooShu , i was able to get one but can get the one in the burial ground . I have tried everything i can think of but nothing has worked map indicates that i am at the right location but cant get in to the temple and have accessed all other temple's in the ancient burial ground.
has anyone else had the same problem, if so what can i do to fix it.
or did i miss something , but have one through all the duels over and over
can someone please help.

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
This happened on one of my friend's characters and I puzzled out that it was because he did not do the Mossback quests.

You need to complete Mossback's quests in order to unlock the next.

Cave of Solitude
Quest:
Collect 6 rocks from Corrupted Earth Spirit

Kishibe Village
Quest:
Defeat 10 Diseased Water Elementals

Shirataki Temple(Shoshun Village)
Quest:
Defeat and talk to Great River Spirit

Ancient Burial Grounds
Quest:
Collect 10 Corrupted Earth(Can only be found outside the houses in the Burial Grounds);
Defeat Crazed Forest Spirit

Good luck =)

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Your question is asked several times a week.

Go see Mossback in the Ancient Burial Grounds. Use your map to find him. He'll have something for you to do.

Survivor
Dec 04, 2009
colagada wrote:

Go see Mossback in the Ancient Burial Grounds. Use your map to find him. He'll have something for you to do.

i have checked with every character in the ancient burial grounds and have searched everywhere i know exactly where mossgback is located in the ancient burial grounds. the characters in the ancient burial grounds will not talk to me and there are no symbols above their heads to indicate they have another quest for me. I have had no problems getting the chest's in any other place but in the burial grounds , i completed allthe quest's in MooShu to move on to dragonspyre and this quest is given by the fire tree in dragonspyre.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
atomicpunk89 wrote:
colagada wrote:

i have checked with every character in the ancient burial grounds and have searched everywhere i know exactly where mossgback is located in the ancient burial grounds. the characters in the ancient burial grounds will not talk to me and there are no symbols above their heads to indicate they have another quest for me. I have had no problems getting the chest's in any other place but in the burial grounds , i completed allthe quest's in MooShu to move on to dragonspyre and this quest is given by the fire tree in dragonspyre.

It is NOT just Mossback quests that you must complete. You need Mossback, Wavebringer, and Oakheart. Start at the beginning of this list and see what you missed!

This was a previous post from Gamma.

If Theurgists are having trouble completing your level 48 Life spell quest, you must complete a sidequest in MooShu in order to have access to Oakheart in the Jade Palace.

You must complete these quests, in this order, to get to Oakheart in the Jade Palace. A lot of these quests are the same side quests that you need to complete for the “Wizard Tours” quest or Obsidian Chests quest to get access to the one chest in MooShu.

Cave of Solitude
1. I’m Cursed (from Mossback)
2. Rock On (from Mossback)

Kishibe Village
1. Wear Your Gloves (from Mossback)

Shirataki Temple
1. I’m Cured! (from Mossback)

Ancient Burial Grounds
1. Distressed Earth (from Mossback)
2. Forest Foray (from Mossback)

Village of Sorrow
1. Tainted Forest (from Wavebringer)
2. Forest Spirit (from Wavebringer)

Tree of Life
1. The Great Forest (from Oakheart)
2. Everlasting Forest (from Oakheart)

“Everlasting Forest” quest will give you access to Oakheart in the Jade Palace!

If you are not sure if you have completed any of these quests, or are still having trouble, contact Support with your username and character name and they will help you get moving forward.
{o,o}
|)_)
-?-?-