Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

We are aware of the recent Heartbleed Bug internet vulnerability issue and can confirm that none of the KingsIsle systems or websites were impacted. If you wish to have further clarification about the bug itself visit http://heartbleed.com.

obsidian chest quest

1
AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 24, 2009
1
obsidian chest quest
having trouble with quest in mooshu at the ancient burial grounds. when i get to dojo it won't let me in. anyone have a fix . its part of the quest you get from ashley the tree. retrieve 9 obsidian chests:
2 in wizard city
2 in krokotopia
2 in marleybone
2 in mooshu
1 in dragonspyre

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
4
Re: obsidian chest quest
I am also stuck at this point. I saw someone else had this problem on an earlier post and they said there was a quest from Mossback that needed to be done for access.

I have tried to go back for all the Mossback quests and none of them offer me one.

Anyone else have a suggestion? :?

Survivor
Oct 19, 2008
14
Re: obsidian chest quest
In order to get to the obsidian chest in the ancient burial grounds, you have to get the quest from mossback to fight the Crazed Forest Spirit. :D

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
4
Re: obsidian chest quest
Can anyone tell me which zone the quest is in, because the Mossback in Ancient Burial Grounds doesn't give me a quest. Are there lead in quests somewhere else I may have missed?

Survivor
Oct 19, 2008
14
Re: obsidian chest quest
You have to do the mossback's in a certain order. First one is at Cave of Solitude, Second one is at Kisbibe Village, Third one is at Shirataki Temple,Fourth one is at Ancient Buirel Grounds. Hope this helps! :D :D :D

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
4
Re: obsidian chest quest
I finally found the one I needed to continue the quest line.

Thanks for the assistance!

Survivor
Jul 29, 2008
2
Re: obsidian chest quest
I am having trouble with this quest because I don't remember where all the chests are located. How do I get the yellow arrow guide for this quest.? I had it but now I can't get the arrow to come on.

Administrator
Re: obsidian chest quest
The T key on your keyboard will toggle the Quest Tracker on and off.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
336
Re: obsidian chest quest
Gamma wrote:
The T key on your keyboard will toggle the Quest Tracker on and off.



It helps you find hidden things too? Man!

Scarlet SkullHammer (Death 39, Black Cat Pet, "Shadow")


Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
1
Re: obsidian chest quest
i go in solitude cave and mossback doesnt speak to me, I have all the chest except in ancient burial ground, I never did Kensington park, will that hinder my quest. Elijah

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
33
Re: obsidian chest quest
rburger wrote:
i go in solitude cave and mossback doesnt speak to me, I have all the chest except in ancient burial ground, I never did Kensington park, will that hinder my quest. Elijah


Two things, first you NEVER have to do Kensington Park EVER ( I personally wouldnt; it's WAY to hard) and two, you can't just go to mossback in the area you need to, you have to go through the side quests in a certain order (see where to start above). Hope this helps!


Fred Angleblade, level 47 life.
The force will be with you. Always.

Defender
Dec 11, 2008
128
Re: obsidian chest quest
I did the obsidian chest quest 2 days ago and never had a problem. I went straight to all of them except for the one in the Labyrinth (had to face keymaster and the 3 street bosses to lower the bridges). In 3 of them , I didn't even face off against the Bosses guarding them. I just walked around them to the chest.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
7
Re: obsidian chest quest
bashful1 wrote:
rburger wrote:
i go in solitude cave and mossback doesnt speak to me, I have all the chest except in ancient burial ground, I never did Kensington park, will that hinder my quest. Elijah


Two things, first you NEVER have to do Kensington Park EVER ( I personally wouldnt; it's WAY to hard) and two, you can't just go to mossback in the area you need to, you have to go through the side quests in a certain order (see where to start above). Hope this helps!


Fred Angleblade, level 47 life.
The force will be with you. Always.


Kensington Park is way hard I agree. 2000 health and not a boss? Overpowered! I Plan to do it with a friend though. Try it with a friend and it will be EASY!

Defender
May 06, 2009
125
Re: obsidian chest quest
NeoStar wrote:
Gamma wrote:
The T key on your keyboard will toggle the Quest Tracker on and off.



It helps you find hidden things too? Man!

Scarlet SkullHammer (Death 39, Black Cat Pet, "Shadow")



It doesn't help find hidden things, but the chests are not hidden.

The arrow will point to one, and is USUALLY not pointing to one you already have. Note: it will not point to the chest itself, just the tower it's in.

More importantly, the map (M) will have a picture of the chest in the building where you'll find it. I didn't realize this until the second Krok chest, when I was trying to find the right arena area. :-)

Survivor
Apr 08, 2009
2
Re: obsidian chest quest
I too have tried to find which mossback I missed. I have done them all that are listed in the above post. Is there something else I missed? I'm completely stumped here...

Olivia Nightthistle
Master (Level 46) Thaumaturge

Ice.. slow but sure

Survivor
May 31, 2009
5
Re: obsidian chest quest
can some one tell me where the Labyrinth is located in ds. It is hard trying to remember all the places you have been since the quest began.
Grace FireBlade

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
2
Re: obsidian chest quest
Gamma i need help getting to the Crazed Forest Spirit chest i cant get in i have done almost all of the quest there i need that obsidian chest

please if you could make something happen that would be nice thx

Survivor
May 19, 2009
3
Re: obsidian chest quest
richard1234 wrote:
You have to do the mossback's in a certain order. First one is at Cave of Solitude, Second one is at Kisbibe Village, Third one is at Shirataki Temple,Fourth one is at Ancient Buirel Grounds. Hope this helps! :D :D :D


i still can't get in, i did the quest prior to getting obsidian quest and now i can't get in! so frustrated. Any help with this so appreciated.

Survivor
May 19, 2009
3
Re: obsidian chest quest
iashy1 wrote:
I am also stuck at this point. I saw someone else had this problem on an earlier post and they said there was a quest from Mossback that needed to be done for access.

I have tried to go back for all the Mossback quests and none of them offer me one.

Anyone else have a suggestion? :?



how did you ever get in? i'm stuck now too.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
3
Re: obsidian chest quest
thx really helps :D :) :-) :D

Survivor
Sep 03, 2009
5
Re: obsidian chest quest
I've messed up the order of mossback quests
1.shirataki temple
2.cave of solitude
3.kishibe village
i cant restart the quests and i dont know what to do. javascript:emoticon('javascript:emoticon('');');javascript:emoticon('');javascript:emoticon('');

Survivor
Nov 25, 2009
2
Re: obsidian chest quest
I also could not re-enter the Crazed Forest Spirit's Place for the Ancient Burial Grounds Obsidian Chest after completing all of the Mossback quests. I searched all of the prvious areas to see if I had missed Mossback -- and I hadn't.

I found I had to get the chest from the Cave of Solitude first, then I went back to Kishibe Village. There, Mossback was reset, and I started the quest over.

I had to complete three of the Mossback Quests again.

Kishibe Village
1. Wear Your Gloves (from Mossback)

Shirataki Temple
1. I’m Cured! (from Mossback)

Ancient Burial Grounds
1. Distressed Earth (from Mossback)
2. Forest Foray (from Mossback)

Then I could get the Ancient Burial Ground Chest.

Survivor
May 24, 2009
9
Re: obsidian chest quest
When I go to Kishibe Village and speak to Mossback, all he says to me and my friend is "Good to see you friend of Earth." He says nothing more so I now have nowhere to go.
Help. I do I get the Obsidian Chest in Ancient Burial Grounds?

Survivor
Sep 28, 2009
3
Re: obsidian chest quest
i have seen some of the chests.....
one is in nightshades tower,fowlgaze tower.
those are in wizard city.
hoped i helped!

Delver
Mar 19, 2009
259
Re: obsidian chest quest
OK I think I get that yes we have to do Mossback quests ; but, how long are all of these quests because I really, REALLY want to get this quest overwith. I'm guessing there easy (most sidequests are) does it take you forever to get them overwith

Please help, the fate of the Spiral depends on it. :|

1