Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

obsidian chest

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 21, 2012
83
this quest to me is like really gotta be kidding me we have to go throgh half the labrinth again and all for one out of nine of these chests the rest i dont really need help with plus it only rewards 2760 or around there XP for defeating 9 bosses

Talon TaleTail 51

Delver
Aug 26, 2012
204
Caretaker123 on Dec 29, 2013 wrote:
this quest to me is like really gotta be kidding me we have to go throgh half the labrinth again and all for one out of nine of these chests the rest i dont really need help with plus it only rewards 2760 or around there XP for defeating 9 bosses

Talon TaleTail 51
I know what you mean I was like: What the heck I just did the labyrinth! But forget about it the sooner you do the quest the better. I can help you if you need help.

Ian Dragonshield lvl 77
Savior of the Spiral

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4942
Caretaker123 on Dec 29, 2013 wrote:
this quest to me is like really gotta be kidding me we have to go throgh half the labrinth again and all for one out of nine of these chests the rest i dont really need help with plus it only rewards 2760 or around there XP for defeating 9 bosses

Talon TaleTail 51
Everyone has had to do it to move on. It won't change.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4120
Caretaker123 on Dec 29, 2013 wrote:
this quest to me is like really gotta be kidding me we have to go throgh half the labrinth again and all for one out of nine of these chests the rest i dont really need help with plus it only rewards 2760 or around there XP for defeating 9 bosses

Talon TaleTail 51
You didn't HAVE to defeat most of them. You can just walk around all but 1 or 2. If you have a friend with you in the Labyrinth, you can just have him wait there while you get the quest. Then port to him. Or even port to a marked spot inside if you go get the quest quick enough.

Explorer
May 21, 2012
83
seethe42 on Dec 31, 2013 wrote:
You didn't HAVE to defeat most of them. You can just walk around all but 1 or 2. If you have a friend with you in the Labyrinth, you can just have him wait there while you get the quest. Then port to him. Or even port to a marked spot inside if you go get the quest quick enough.
i think they turned intant dungeon off but thx for the ideas

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4120
Caretaker123 on Jan 14, 2014 wrote:
i think they turned intant dungeon off but thx for the ideas
It worked fine for me on my last run through DS a couple weeks ago.

Delver
Mar 07, 2012
212
Ugh, have you seen what us theurgist have to do? Three times, THREE! One for the labyrinth quest, one for the obsidian chest (only have to do quests until 'Den of the Dean') and once for the level 48 spell quest. (which is by the way, a lovely quest D:) But, as I mentioned earlier, you only need to do the (horrible, horrible) instance until the Den of the Dean, sorry no shortcuts, it's a main quest.

~ Vanessa Rainbowpetal, level 54 theurgist

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2638
Caretaker123 on Jan 14, 2014 wrote:
i think they turned intant dungeon off but thx for the ideas
My last few times for regular questings and helping others we had to fight first boss for key to get across lava lake then battle the 3 street bosses to gain entrance to where the dean is for the chest.. After the 3rd time no experience is gained really.

We ended up doing the entire dungeon again with a little storm wizard that wouldn't believe me when I told him where his storm quest tower was - ugh. No dungeon fighting involved. Once you enter the main dungeon quest starts so they go by that and not what is actually given them prior to entry and they don't believe it will come out of their book with out doing it all. Not first time or last this happens to me though, lol. Ironworks and Vault of Ice are others.

Mary

Explorer
May 21, 2012
83
Vanessa891011 on Jan 16, 2014 wrote:
Ugh, have you seen what us theurgist have to do? Three times, THREE! One for the labyrinth quest, one for the obsidian chest (only have to do quests until 'Den of the Dean') and once for the level 48 spell quest. (which is by the way, a lovely quest D:) But, as I mentioned earlier, you only need to do the (horrible, horrible) instance until the Den of the Dean, sorry no shortcuts, it's a main quest.

~ Vanessa Rainbowpetal, level 54 theurgist
yes i have a life in avalon actually and yes that was so agravating for the life school that has to be the one of the most agravating quests i ever did

talon moontail 75

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
45
Ugh, So much back tracking! I can't even find the one in Colossus Boulevard, and I was considering posting something about it until I saw this thread. I'm trying to figure out if it's a fixable bug or I'm just stupid. (I've come too far for this to be game-breaking!)

~Megan Emerald Blade, Level 49 Sorceress

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4120
Megan EmeraldBlade on Mar 20, 2014 wrote:
Ugh, So much back tracking! I can't even find the one in Colossus Boulevard, and I was considering posting something about it until I saw this thread. I'm trying to figure out if it's a fixable bug or I'm just stupid. (I've come too far for this to be game-breaking!)

~Megan Emerald Blade, Level 49 Sorceress
Once you have the quest it's very easy to find them. Just go to the Map screen and it will appear in whatever location it's at in that area.