Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Voice-overs and SFX added to The Great Spyre.

AuthorMessage
Hero
May 02, 2009
If you haven’t been through The Great Spyre dungeon in Dragonspyre for a while, you should definitely go back through it again, and also with your sound on as well. Why do you ask? Well the reason is because recently KI updated The Great Spyre dungeons with new Voice Overs for both Malistaire & Sylvia Drake (and to a lesser extent for one line of Cyrus Drake at the very end of the dungeon as well) along with new Sound Effects for the final stretch of the dungeon as well. There’s also some new particle effects to go along with some of them as well-most notably with when Malistaire is forced to port away to his final battlefield in the dungeon right after his four (4) Soul Servant guards are defeated.
So definitely go and check that out when you can, you’ll be glad you did, at least I was anyways.
Thank you for your time.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
hi, flash~

being a huge fan of malistaire and sylvia (and dragonspyre, in general), i had to go back and check this out; sad to say, but i definitely preferred the old voices. the new ones sound too reverb-y... and like they're trying too hard to imitate cyrus' awesome accent (which works for cyrus himself, but not for the other two).

"There’s also some new particle effects... most notably with when Malistaire is forced to port away to his final battlefield in the dungeon right after his four (4) Soul Servant guards are defeated."

i didn't actually see this, though it sounded like it would have been cool. nonetheless, hugs to you, and to all 3 drakes, for being awesome.

=

-von"dr. mrs. von the undying"