Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Need help with Malistaire's Lair!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 14, 2013
Hi!

I'm a solo player on Wizard101..usually play late at night when I can't sleep and I don't "know" anyone on here. I'm trying to complete Malistaire's Lair, but I'm SO confused and I'm not sure how to do it. After investigation, it looks like I can't do it alone anyway... does anyone have any suggestions for what I should do? I feel weird to just walk up to someone and ask them to help me.. but do I have any other options? Thanks SO much for any advice.. I've invested a lot of time in this game, and I feel like I'm just going to have to quit now because I can't do this part!

P.S. Are most of the parts from here on out too difficult to do alone? I like being able to play by myself, although I don't mind playing with others too.. but I really liked not having to worry about others being available to help, etc.

Thanks again,

Shauna

Level 52
Grandmaster Pyromancer

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
shauna0420 on Apr 29, 2013 wrote:
Hi!

I'm a solo player on Wizard101..usually play late at night when I can't sleep and I don't "know" anyone on here. I'm trying to complete Malistaire's Lair, but I'm SO confused and I'm not sure how to do it. After investigation, it looks like I can't do it alone anyway... does anyone have any suggestions for what I should do? I feel weird to just walk up to someone and ask them to help me.. but do I have any other options? Thanks SO much for any advice.. I've invested a lot of time in this game, and I feel like I'm just going to have to quit now because I can't do this part!

P.S. Are most of the parts from here on out too difficult to do alone? I like being able to play by myself, although I don't mind playing with others too.. but I really liked not having to worry about others being available to help, etc.

Thanks again,

Shauna

Level 52
Grandmaster Pyromancer
There are many "guides" to difficult dungeons like this one. Here is a link to just one of those guides that I found on a fansite:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?299018-*Malistaire-Drake-Guide*.

And on that same fansite, they have groups of players who volunteer to help with difficult dungeons too. Here are two links that might help you:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?149-Mercenaries101

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?8-In-Game-Quest-Help-and-Meet-Ups

Hope these help.

Survivor
Apr 19, 2012
shauna0420 on Apr 29, 2013 wrote:
Hi!

Thanks again,

Shauna

Level 52
Grandmaster Pyromancer
I could help, I am a lvl 26 life, sry for the low lvl, but please. Please. I can help. I can heal. But I will grab a few extra lvls before I help. Thx!
Hannah Moonstone, lvl 26 adept Theurgist
P.S. I might buy back, so my secondary school would be death. But, if you want me to, I will buy all storm.

Survivor
Apr 19, 2012
Healer2704 on Jun 15, 2013 wrote:
I could help, I am a lvl 26 life, sry for the low lvl, but please. Please. I can help. I can heal. But I will grab a few extra lvls before I help. Thx!
Hannah Moonstone, lvl 26 adept Theurgist
P.S. I might buy back, so my secondary school would be death. But, if you want me to, I will buy all storm.
I'm lvl 38 now and soon should have dragonspyre but.....
I'm stuck in Krokotopia x. x Never got to buy back!
When I get more crowns i'm buying back all balance!
Hannah Moonstone, lvl 38 Magus Theurgist
P.S I also just learned dryad

Defender
Aug 08, 2012
Healer2704 on Sep 7, 2013 wrote:
I'm lvl 38 now and soon should have dragonspyre but.....
I'm stuck in Krokotopia x. x Never got to buy back!
When I get more crowns i'm buying back all balance!
Hannah Moonstone, lvl 38 Magus Theurgist
P.S I also just learned dryad
He might have passed it now or he quit.

Survivor
Feb 27, 2011
Level 52 Death/Life wizard here in same situation. Willing to work out a time to get together and defeat Malistaire. Let me know...

Explorer
Feb 02, 2011
Level 52 Death/Life wizard here in same situation. Willing to work out a time to get together and defeat Malistaire. Let me know... well the thing is hey i can help ya i am a life lvl 53 and i can also tell ya celestia gets a lot harder sry ki if i spelled cl wrong but as i said i am usualy on the most croweded server trying to find people to help me with some storm riven hall street mobs lol i am a noob taylor ghost leaf lvl 53

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Waystin22 on Sep 16, 2013 wrote:
Level 52 Death/Life wizard here in same situation. Willing to work out a time to get together and defeat Malistaire. Let me know...
Posting for meet up may take a few days. M4H is a bit faster but there are plenty here that help others also. You will need to state: Time Zone, Time, Date and the Realm you will meet in, allow time for the message to be approved then posted. Usually by the time we get it going the person has already found pass er by that gets them though it.

We have a few spare wizards not doing much of anything these days we could give hand with if you want help. It's one of the few end of world instances I actually don't hate also.

We have helped many wizards though this as I know it can be a game stopper - be warned we kinda just run it, lol. We are EST and we usually set up meet ups in Scarecrow realm.

Survivor
Feb 27, 2011
Hey thanks for the response and the helpful tips. My timezone is Eastern. Weekends are always best. Life King & Northlite what are your time zones and best get together times?

Survivor
Feb 27, 2011
Made it through today with the help of a great Ice Wizard friend! Thanks Roslyn.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Waystin22 on Sep 17, 2013 wrote:
Hey thanks for the response and the helpful tips. My timezone is Eastern. Weekends are always best. Life King & Northlite what are your time zones and best get together times?
We are eastern also and weekends are fine.

Explorer
May 21, 2012
I need help bad right now in malistares lair im a level 44 pyromancer anybody wanna help me?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Caretaker123 on Sep 27, 2013 wrote:
I need help bad right now in malistares lair im a level 44 pyromancer anybody wanna help me?
You do know you are going to have to be at least lvl 48 to enter Celestia?

For meet up here you need to allow time for posts, about 2-3 days, Time zone, time, date and realm.

Explorer
May 21, 2012
guys i beat malistairs lair i need help with the spiral geographic tower archive quest now

Autumn darkeyes level 45 pyromancer

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Caretaker123 on Sep 28, 2013 wrote:
guys i beat malistairs lair i need help with the spiral geographic tower archive quest now

Just a few facts to point out here:

- The quest for the tower in Marleybone is no longer a "required" quest. It is optional. If you still want to do it, and you need help, you might want to check out the fansites. Here is a link to one of them in case you are interested:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?8-In-Game-Quest-Help-and-Meet-Ups

- You must be at least Level 48 to go to Celestia. Just mentioned this because that is the next area that you would open in The Spiral. Professor Greyrose told us that "Players who have reached level 48 and completed the Dragonspyre quest 'The Final Countdown' should speak to Merle Ambrose for more information about Celestia."

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Caretaker123 on Sep 28, 2013 wrote:

That is an optional instance that can only be done with others who have it or have completed it and is no longer required to enter Celestia. Several floors and cheats are involved so a good team, 2-4 wizards, is recommended to complete it.

At lvl 48 or above Merle now gives you the key to enter Celestia so this tower is not longer required. I think back in the day when it was required to many wizards could not get past the instance to enter Celestia so it was done away with as a requirement. I think the Malestaire fight should be enough to get you into Celestia really.

Explorer
May 21, 2012
thanks guys but i got to 48 and got into celestia i just finished actually
oh and by the way people say efreet quest is hard it really isnt it took me 2 tries probably because the first time i forgot my fairies i just bought a level 20 life hench men and summoned my fire minion and it was easy from there

Autumn Darkeyes level 58

Survivor
Aug 17, 2009
Hi! I helped my friend with Malistair's lair when I was lvl 40. Yes, I found it hard when my friend died, but I healed myself, used my highest attack then healed my friend, as you can probably guess, I'm life, I don't know what school you are, and If you already said something about that then sorry that I missed it but that's what I did and Malistair was dead in no time!
Hope this helped!!
Oh, and I also tried to help my friend with Celestia, ITS SO HARD!!!! I know you said you like playing alone but if your going to carry on to Celestia, you might want to get some backup. Just a thought.