Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Malistaire's Robe Drop

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 28, 2008
My friends and I finally made it to the end today. I'm a Balance Wizard, but when I got the robe, it was for the Death school. The robes my friends got were for their School. Are Malistaire's drops supposed to be random or is there a glitch somewhere? I'm hoping there's a glitch, because I'd really like the Balance robe. I plan on fighting him again, but not sure I want to farm for it right now. Just wondering.

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
As with many a boss, Malistaire's drops are random. It just seems like your friends had a spot more luck than you in getting their school robes on the first try.

My advice, keep on farming, it's not like you have anything else to do on that wizard.

Defender
Oct 19, 2008
What happens ( what i think ) is that the most amount of spells cast in that school gives them that cloak, for example me and my friends were battling malistaire and most of the people used Myth, so i got a Myth robe, which gave a earthquake spell, so mostly it is either given out randomly or the most spells cast in that school gives that robe.

this is Michael Lotusblade, signing out for the night, see ya later, alligator!

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
JasonM27 wrote:
My friends and I finally made it to the end today. I'm a Balance Wizard, but when I got the robe, it was for the Death school. The robes my friends got were for their School. Are Malistaire's drops supposed to be random or is there a glitch somewhere? I'm hoping there's a glitch, because I'd really like the Balance robe. I plan on fighting him again, but not sure I want to farm for it right now. Just wondering.

it took me about a seven trys to get the robe for my school you just have to keep trying and youll get it

Explorer
Nov 26, 2008
i think its random really i got some item from him each battle

1 myth robe, 2 fire robes( different battles), 1 death robe, 1 anthem

good thing is the fire robes sell for over 1000 XD

Defender
Oct 03, 2008
You're all lucky; I've done Malistaire over 20 times and have yet to get my school robes

Defender
Sep 15, 2008
cbfan14 wrote:
You're all lucky; I've done Malistaire over 20 times and have yet to get my school robes

got em on my first try and i'm only level 47 teleported to a friend

Survivor
May 10, 2009
I have gotten five storm five death three balance to life and to myth.

STILL NO FIRE ROBE!

AND I ALSO GOT HIS RING LIKE TENTH TIMES AND NO ROBE AT ALL!

i think there is a major bug with malistaire

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
I agree. I have battles Malistare over 10 times, and STILL NO STORM ROBE

Hero
May 19, 2009
goldfish8 wrote:
What happens ( what i think ) is that the most amount of spells cast in that school gives them that cloak, for example me and my friends were battling malistaire and most of the people used Myth, so i got a Myth robe, which gave a earthquake spell, so mostly it is either given out randomly or the most spells cast in that school gives that robe.

your completely wrong, it doesnt matter what spells you cast, the drops you get will always be random. Random as to whatever the boss/enemy is supposed to drop.

Defender
May 28, 2009
Well at least none of you did what I did. I got my robe on the third try but I could not wear it yet because I was not a level 50 yet (I was at 48 and a half by that point). The next time I was at a vendor selling all the stuff I did not need I simply sold the thing because it was greyed out as unusable. It took me like ten more times to get it back and luckily by that time I was a Level 50 and just put it straight on. I ended up doing exactly the same thing with Gurtoks ring. So my memory is not that great, okay!? Now I make sure to put everything that is good and usable into my shared bank and into my bank if it is not shareable. That helps me to not sell it just because I cannot wear it at the time. So don't make the same mistake I did. If and when you get that robe, either put it on or put it away. 8)

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
i've only fought malistare once i'm level 47 myth and both times i've gotten ruined paintings :p

Survivor
Apr 08, 2009
I am level 46 and got my robe the first time lol. And then played a second time and got it again. Also all the friends I was playing with at the time got their robes too so I guess it is just luck so good luck

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
i've killed malistare over ten times and it took me twice a day to get all of his robes. :-) i'm a level 48 death and i have no more good quest to do

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
KatieCat1234 wrote:
I agree. I have battles Malistare over 10 times, and STILL NO STORM ROBE

yeah i'm storm too and it took me 23 times to get my robe. stick in there! you'll get it. haha i pretty much gave up hope but when i finally got it i was SO happy. juust keep trying!

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
I have really killed malistaire over maybe 30 times but no robe is it something with the storm robe and i also got only one furinture item 3 times in a row and to of them where the same and al my friends got their robe at least the storm ones so if any on got an idea for me please say cause i killed malistaire about 6 times this week. :( so if any of you have an idea for me tell me please and i will really try it i have tried having only storm cloth on i kill last and i use only storm cards not even heal my self. so once again give me an idea.

Explorer
Aug 23, 2009
what about the amulets. malistaire drops really good things especially the amulets.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
no one said anything about amulets and you know what i didnt get any amutlets either he doesnt drp amulets all what i want is my robe not an amulet.

Explorer
Mar 02, 2009
I have done the whole instance to not get my gurtok dagger or my malistare robe roughly 7-9 times. I find it very annoying, i am not going to threaten to quit or anything, but it would be nice if it wasnt so random and more in your favor.

Defender
Mar 24, 2009
shuffle360 wrote:
I have gotten five storm five death three balance to life and to myth.

STILL NO FIRE ROBE!

AND I ALSO GOT HIS RING LIKE TENTH TIMES AND NO ROBE AT ALL!

i think there is a major bug with malistaire

I feel for you! I'm a fire and my friends keep asking: Why dont you get the Maistare Fire Robe? I mean, like, it's random, but they give you exactly what you DON'T want.
It's the same with Jade Oni's robe. My friend keeps getting it. And i've battled for a whole day straight and havent got it yet. :-( :|

Survivor
Aug 03, 2009
JasonM27 wrote:
I battled malistaire a lot of times i got all of his robes but death and life maybe balance is there a more easy way to get it? I am getting very upset that he never gives me his robes i think he is mad at me. Do i have to just keep fighting him? is there i secret shoppe? i would like to know if someone knows how to get it please tell me

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
goldfish8 wrote:

good thery but i casted mostly life and myth spells and 0 balance spells but i got a balnce robe. Care to explain lol.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
Would some one pzl answer my question i have asked it a long tie ago all i got is something about amulets that malistaire doesnt even drop so plz plz plz help me get it last time it was over 30 now itis over 40 or 50. :x :x :x :x :x :x :? :? :x :x :x :x :x :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
bassem123 wrote:
Would some one pzl answer my question i have asked it a long tie ago all i got is something about amulets that malistaire doesnt even drop so plz plz plz help me get it last time it was over 30 now itis over 40 or 50. :x :x :x :x :x :x :? :? :x :x :x :x :x :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(

Actually, your posts were answered in a round about way...Everyone that's faced him and responded to you hadn't gotten their robes either.

Sometimes, a person can get the item they want on the first go around or it may take hundreds of times battling a boss to get the desired item...

Malistair drops a lot of different items. It's a roll of the dice getting the item you want, there's no guarentees. There's no 'secrets' to getting those items either, outside of keep on battling him till you get it.

And throwing a temper tantrum for not getting the cheat information you hoped for isn't going to change that what he drops is completely random. You just might have to battle him another 30, 40, 50 or more times before he'll drop it for you.

Survivor
Aug 03, 2009
Sonny777 wrote:
I have done the whole instance to not get my gurtok dagger or my malistare robe roughly 7-9 times. I find it very annoying, i am not going to threaten to quit or anything, but it would be nice if it wasnt so random and more in your favor.
I finally got the death robe from Malistaire. i had to kill him like 15 times that was annoying i still have not got the things from the Gurtok's that's going to be fun :-(