Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Malistaire - low difficulty

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
So this is the master of death? Huh? Malistaire, who is able to control the dragon titan, is weaker than me. I soloed malistaire, who had 10,000 health, only rank 10 boss, 3 weak easy to beat minions, and he is 95% talk, and 5% truth. And 99% or the talking he says is bogus.

So my point is - maybe a higher difficulty malistaire? Maybe something that would make this dungeon almost impossible to solo? So here is what I think is should be:

21,735 to 26,800 Health
63% to 95% power pip chance
2% to 30% critical chance
2% to 50% block
5% to 20% resist to EVERYTHING, but -1% to 10% resist to life and 60% to 95% resist to death
His old cheat: INTERUPT, causes scarecrow to come for 0 pips if someone heals.
Why a variety of choice? Kingsisle could choose what his specific stats are, and if not, he gets stronger every time you face him.

Thanks for considering, Nicholas rubyshard, Legendary Pyromancer

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Malistaire used to have 100,000 health.

If you want a tough challenge, try soloing Briskbreeze Tower.

Survivor
Nov 04, 2010
Survivor
Mar 12, 2011
You soloed him? Or the entire dungeon? My old acount (Taylor LifeWhisper) had to have two other Grandmasters before beating the dungeon. I bow to you in awe, Ronster55.

P.S. We could PvP sometime. I'll show you the magic of Balance mixed in with the power of Death. :p

Taylor LifeWhisper
Legendary Sorcerer
"Waterworks Warrior"

Defender
Dec 04, 2010
A critical chance isn't really fair for players. If people are going to defeat him because of the Malistaire storyline, Malistaire could critical with scarecrow, without players having a chance to block. Most likely, they would be under level 50.

Remember that bosses have a 50% boost to the opposite school but an 80% resist to his/her school. But maybe a bit of global resist could make him more of a challenge.

The old cheat thing, I like. However, make at least Spritely, Sacrifice, Death healing effects, and Link work. Spritely cannot be controlled, Death is only considered "healing," and Link does damage.

The Power Pip chance I like, even though I see him get Power Pips a lot.

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
Well what about those Lvl 40-50 wizards that started this game at a low level when CL came out. With this new difficulty they thought they wouldn't make it to CL.

Try doing this before CL came out

- No Criticals
- No Star, Moon, Sun Spells
- No Level 58 Spells or pets
- Using Level 48 pets
- Using Level 50 gear
- No Critical Block Rating

It was hard well before

Sean DragonSpear
Level 60
Legendary Pyromancer

Defender
May 30, 2009
I'm guessing the OP is probably level 50 or higher? The critical hits, blocks, etc. are not appropriate for the "Malistaire's Lair" dungeon. The majority of people who have the quest for it are level 45-50, and the gear that gives decent critical boost and blocks are not available to those players at that level. So, with the OP's idea, a dungeon that is now level appropriate would become overly difficult. On my level 60 storm I soloed the whole dungeon without difficulty BUT I had full legendary gear on and a life mastery amulet. At level 48, when I first got the quest for it, I wouldn't have dared stepped foot in there without at least 2 other people with me. Plus, they adjusted the difficulty of it for a reason- it was annoyingly hard the way it was before lol.

-Jessica

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
Ronster55 wrote:
So this is the master of death? Huh? Malistaire, who is able to control the dragon titan, is weaker than me. I soloed malistaire, who had 10,000 health, only rank 10 boss, 3 weak easy to beat minions, and he is 95% talk, and 5% truth. And 99% or the talking he says is bogus.

So my point is - maybe a higher difficulty malistaire? Maybe something that would make this dungeon almost impossible to solo? So here is what I think is should be:

21,735 to 26,800 Health
63% to 95% power pip chance
2% to 30% critical chance
2% to 50% block
5% to 20% resist to EVERYTHING, but -1% to 10% resist to life and 60% to 95% resist to death
His old cheat: INTERUPT, causes scarecrow to come for 0 pips if someone heals.
Why a variety of choice? Kingsisle could choose what his specific stats are, and if not, he gets stronger every time you face him.

Thanks for considering, Nicholas rubyshard, Legendary Pyromancer
Then it would be IMPOSSIBLE for players to beat him to go to celestia

Explorer
May 11, 2010
Some people say that it would be impossible. It wouldn't be. It would be difficult but he used to be the game's final boss and is supposed to be hard. If i could change him i would do this.

1. Give him at least 20,000 health.
2. Give his minions at least 2,000 health so that they're harder to kill.
3.That thing I read about him casting scarecrow when someone heals sounds cool, i would make him start doing that again.
4. Increase the size his dungeon.
5. Give him some cool cheats such as the ones that the lvl 58 spell quest bosses have, where they interrupt and cast hex if you cast a blade, trap, or shield.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Ouch, maybe just a LITTLE to hard. 15,000-18,000 sound reasonable but of course I don't know the health for the minions. Also, doesn't the Gurtok Demon have 10,000 health as well? I forget, I was exploring with my friend and we join, and I flee, and... yeah, 10,000 sounds right for Senor Gurtok. So maybe more health, I agree.

Defender
Jul 17, 2010
Remember last summer Malistaire had 100,000 health and used meteors and scarecrows hitting 3 TIMES harder every turn? If you think that Malistaire is easy right now then I suggest fighting him with 100,000 health.