Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lord Obsidian Tower

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 03, 2010
Really, Kingsisle? You had to put an Ice enemy on every floor! This is very inconsiderate because some of us are Thaumaturges. Also, I tried getting a friend to help, but when we stepped onto the sigils, it put us into seperate Towers! You should of at least advanced to a later part of Dragonspyre, but NO! You had to put it right in the start! I am very, very, very, mad at you for this.

P.S, I packed Ice Prisms, too.

-Cody Lighthunter, Grandmaster Thaumaturge

Survivor
Aug 18, 2009
Cody Lighthunter on Oct 4, 2013 wrote:
Really, Kingsisle? You had to put an Ice enemy on every floor! This is very inconsiderate because some of us are Thaumaturges. Also, I tried getting a friend to help, but when we stepped onto the sigils, it put us into seperate Towers! You should of at least advanced to a later part of Dragonspyre, but NO! You had to put it right in the start! I am very, very, very, mad at you for this.

That place acts like a dungeon, so it has the same rules as a dungeon. The first time you went and came out, you probably fled or ported out (or didn't wait 30 minutes), not logging out or walking back out the door from which you came, doing that will reset the dungeon. When you went in the second time, you probably didn't do anything to reset it so you entered the same "dungeon" that you were in to begin with and your friend was in a new one.

This is just a guess, good luck though.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Cody Lighthunter on Oct 4, 2013 wrote:

It is possible when you left the tower before you did not reset it by going back out the door so it made it so you were in your original instance alone. You can sign off and back on, enter the tower and exit or wait 30 mins to reset it. Rules change on tower/dungeon areas so it's hard to say which one has what rule.

The challenges you face in DS here and there are to prepare you for Celestia. If you continue on with Grizzlehiem into Wintertusk you are going to meet a lot of ice foe there.

As for fighting same school in minions if I don't set a prism before the monster sets a shield or one does not come up for me right away, I just play though and take the resist on the damage. For boss fights they are needed but I carry a fire wand to break any shields. The prism must be set before the shield to count.

Your gear should have started to get stats that help you in these battles so you can with stand an extra round of fighting to defeat them. Deck set up now becomes important, passed rounds because of excessive discarding is a waste of time and more damage from the monsters, train or get reshuffle TC's if you are uncomfortable about it.

In game Ice is known as the tank, you should start to hone your gear and play style to slow but sure in battles.

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
That doesn't sound fun... however, the Pyromancer's tomb consists mainly of fire creatures, while I'm a Pyromancer. Wonderful.