Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life's disadvantage

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
I am a life lvl 48 wizard, and i have posted a lot lately. But i was wondering, if you could add a spell for life that deals damage to all enemies. It is a disadvantage for us even at high levels, when we play 1v3 or 1v4 sometimes. Every other school gets a spell on all enemies by my lvl. I go with death and fire as my training point types. I have meteor strike, but it barely leaves a scratch on the enemies, and i have enough power pips by then for centaur. I dont have any type of blade (elemental blade, fire blade, balance blade, or even a fire fighting + %) so my meteor strike is not worth it instead of a centaur that i can raise to over 3000 sometimes. I know you would have to most likely raise lvl caps, so i know this would take time and work. But please consider making a spell like "mother nature's wrath" or "leafstorm". I understand if you dont do it VERY soon, but sooner or later, you have to raise the cap or people will eventually stop playing.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
But Life wizards aren't supposed to be damage dealers. Life has a massive advantage in being able to heal vast amounts of health. The number of times that one can possibly face 3 or 4 enemies alone is quite rare, and it's safer to take them out one at a time quickly, anyway. I just recently reached level 50, and the combination of Life Blade, Life Trap, Legend Blade, and Centaur is enough to take out most enemies at full health.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
deinnomos wrote:
I am a life lvl 48 wizard, and i have posted a lot lately. But i was wondering, if you could add a spell for life that deals damage to all enemies. It is a disadvantage for us even at high levels, when we play 1v3 or 1v4 sometimes. Every other school gets a spell on all enemies by my lvl. I go with death and fire as my training point types. I have meteor strike, but it barely leaves a scratch on the enemies, and i have enough power pips by then for centaur. I dont have any type of blade (elemental blade, fire blade, balance blade, or even a fire fighting + %) so my meteor strike is not worth it instead of a centaur that i can raise to over 3000 sometimes. I know you would have to most likely raise lvl caps, so i know this would take time and work. But please consider making a spell like "mother nature's wrath" or "leafstorm". I understand if you dont do it VERY soon, but sooner or later, you have to raise the cap or people will eventually stop playing.
I am a grandmaster of life and i feel your pain life is to underpowered i bet the majority of life wizards would trade their rebirth for an aoe like maybe something called vine wrap similar to your idea 450-500 I mean its only fair storm has an aoe balance has one every school has one except us life students now maybe when they expand the game ki will give justice for the life school vine wrap or anything i dont care what is it it could be a lady dressing in tights as long as it attacks all enemies

Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
I know life is not meant for damage, but all the other schools aren't either. Most are, like fire, storm and myth. But death is kind of, and balance is not mostly fighting. But balance still gets 2 attacks against all enemies. At least one. I agree with you but i still think we should get at least one when most schools get 2.

Survivor
Sep 19, 2009
Um, Life isnt really a damage school, but to heal a lot. Something like the School of Ice, except Ice has great defense.

Carry on and dont let the Hydra's bite!

- Logan 8)

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
I'm honestly not getting why people think that Life Wizards are disadvantaged...Both hubby and I created Life wizards, expecting that they weren't 'all that' based off of what everyone was saying about them. But we wanted the heal boosts and like anyways...

And to both of our amazement, we've found that not only aren't Life wizards disadvantaged, but they are great to battle with solo. And both of us get put out when others jump in thinking they need to help 'the lil life wizard' in battle, when we're doing great battling alone...Because neither of us really need the help it seems. Because our wizards aren't as 'weak' or 'disadvantaged' as we were led to believe.

Heck, we both rely so little on our secondary schools (mine's fire, his is myth), that we've only went to the 'hidden' schools to get extra blade/shield boosts for fighting alone instead.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
Okay but how is it fair with fire wizards they get to healing spells too and to attack all enemies i rather do that then be overstocked on healing spells
but i dont like the way the fire plays .So to the people who think life is overpowered we are underpowered dont you think thats why mostly all life wizards are girls guys wanna hit hard.TO MY FELLOW LIFEWIZARDS WHO THINK THIS IS UNFAIR WELL IT IS I AGREE I RATHER BE DEATH

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
AlicornsPrayer wrote:
I'm honestly not getting why people think that Life Wizards are disadvantaged...Both hubby and I created Life wizards, expecting that they weren't 'all that' based off of what everyone was saying about them. But we wanted the heal boosts and like anyways...

And to both of our amazement, we've found that not only aren't Life wizards disadvantaged, but they are great to battle with solo. And both of us get put out when others jump in thinking they need to help 'the lil life wizard' in battle, when we're doing great battling alone...Because neither of us really need the help it seems. Because our wizards aren't as 'weak' or 'disadvantaged' as we were led to believe.

Heck, we both rely so little on our secondary schools (mine's fire, his is myth), that we've only went to the 'hidden' schools to get extra blade/shield boosts for fighting alone instead.

I agree. Life is great. I only have one non life damage spell in my deck. I keep it just in case i don't get a prism.

The other day I was battling one of the statues in plaza of conquests alone. One person kept asking me if I needed help. They then laughed when I said no. I had no problem beating the boss.

And a tip for those fighting in a group with a Life wizard. Our specialty (sp?) is healing. There is no need for you to waste your pips to heal someone unless the person needing healed is the Life wizard. As my saying goes when fighting in a group, "You kill. I heal."

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 life