Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level Problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 17, 2009
16
Hey guys, its Rebecca GoldenFriend

I have a problem with both of my wizards well first off Rebecca GoldenFriend Ice, Grandmaster she got in Dragonspyre well lets see AT LEVEL 48! Right after I got my Frost Giant @((-________-))@ Also on my other wizard: Amber SilverGem well lets just say she got in dragonspyre at LEVEL 37! knowing I cannot buy anything there what happened? I'm getting dissapointed in my wizards
-________-
REBECCA GOLDENFRIEND
GRANDMASTER, ICE!

Survivor
Oct 27, 2009
26
My guess is that you didn't do side quests for Amber SilverGem. My Balance wizard got into Ds level 38. I don't do many side quests so that is probably what happened

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
962
Without doing side-quests, you can get to DS at level 37 and have Malistaire's
dungeon available at level 47. So what I am saying is, you did all the side-quests for your Ice, and non of the side-quests for your other wizard.

Delver
May 31, 2009
231
each world is set up for a certain start level, you wil find the items you win tend to be that start level.
Kroktopia is a level 15
grizzlehiem is 20
marleybone is 25
mooshu is 35
dragonspyre is 45
you do not need to finish all the quests in a world to get to the next one, however most of your side quest give you everything from badges to training points.
I would suggest you find and to the quests you skipped to up your levels.
You did not do anything wrong you just ran ahead and now get to go back and do those things you skipped.
After level 50 you do not get experience points anyway

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
12
mpetersen68 wrote:
each world is set up for a certain start level, you wil find the items you win tend to be that start level.
Kroktopia is a level 15
grizzlehiem is 20
marleybone is 25
mooshu is 35
dragonspyre is 45
you do not need to finish all the quests in a world to get to the next one, however most of your side quest give you everything from badges to training points.
I would suggest you find and to the quests you skipped to up your levels.
You did not do anything wrong you just ran ahead and now get to go back and do those things you skipped.
After level 50 you do not get experience points anyway
true

Survivor
Sep 13, 2009
34
I'm having very similar problems. I'm working on my first character, Scarlet Silversinger, and she's level 45 Balance. I always knew Balance was a little more advanced then other schools but I didnt know we would be getting in other worlds later then the other schools at all. I recently got into Mooshu at level 42 and now i'm level 45 and i'm not in Dragonspyre. Most of my friends are already in there at level 39 or so and some people i've asked for help just dont understand and dont know why i'm running so behind. I'm kind of rushing myself a little for when Celestia comes out i can go in right away since its taking me over a month for each level, literally. Man if only you could pay crowns to do quests for you, that would be pretty cool but would also show laziness. Speaking of quests I dont even have any quests at all I've done all side quests, defeated all the bosses and stuff from the quests I had and now the ONLY quest I have is the one for Seal Of The Seraphim, that Mooshu crafting quest. And I need help finding more please help!

Explorer
Feb 07, 2010
51
ZoeyZero6024 wrote:
Hey guys, its Rebecca GoldenFriend

I have a problem with both of my wizards well first off Rebecca GoldenFriend Ice, Grandmaster she got in Dragonspyre well lets see AT LEVEL 48! Right after I got my Frost Giant @((-________-))@ Also on my other wizard: Amber SilverGem well lets just say she got in dragonspyre at LEVEL 37! knowing I cannot buy anything there what happened? I'm getting dissapointed in my wizards
-________-
REBECCA GOLDENFRIEND
GRANDMASTER, ICE!
wizard got to ds in lvl 39 and i only did one sidequest
and all side quests in wizard city a few in krok a few in marleybone and one in mooshu so the reason is that you either don't do side quests or you only do a few of them.

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
312
you haave to balance the main quests and side quests the common level to reach ds is level 42 ( whitch i arrived to ds at ) :P

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
335
Coolkc456 wrote:
I'm having very similar problems. I'm working on my first character, Scarlet Silversinger, and she's level 45 Balance. I always knew Balance was a little more advanced then other schools but I didnt know we would be getting in other worlds later then the other schools at all. I recently got into Mooshu at level 42 and now i'm level 45 and i'm not in Dragonspyre. Most of my friends are already in there at level 39 or so and some people i've asked for help just dont understand and dont know why i'm running so behind. I'm kind of rushing myself a little for when Celestia comes out i can go in right away since its taking me over a month for each level, literally. Man if only you could pay crowns to do quests for you, that would be pretty cool but would also show laziness. Speaking of quests I dont even have any quests at all I've done all side quests, defeated all the bosses and stuff from the quests I had and now the ONLY quest I have is the one for Seal Of The Seraphim, that Mooshu crafting quest. And I need help finding more please help!


Lol pay crowns for quests.. My's well have someone else level your character for you. Just kidding.

As far as you running out of quests. (I did this before) Check your quest log, I was one of those people that got as many quests as I can for a single area at one time, and planned to do all the quests at the same time. Well, because some areas, one quest giver, may make you kill the same thing as another quest giver. So why not kill everything you need to kill in one shot, then turn the quests in after you met your mark from 1 or more givers?

It beats running back and fourth like crazy, right? Anyways check your log, on each quest in the log you will see a "?" by clicking that you can re-read the dialouge of the quest giver, and might have missed something. Like where to go, who to talk to Etc. Also check your School of Focus Instructor frequently, He/she might have something for you.

Also try back tracking some and make sure you talked to every NPC you could if you enter a building.

Perfect Example: Borris Tallstaff resides in WC library, He can be easily missed if you did not check the whole interior of Library First before leaving the building.

Explorer
Mar 29, 2009
85
Like everyone else is saying, side quests definitely effect what level you are when you get into new worlds or streets.
My suggestion for your lower level character that got into Dragonspyre is go back into Mooshu or Marleybone or whatever and do some of those sidequests. That should catch up your level with dragonspyre. :D

Explorer
Mar 29, 2009
85
Like everyone else is saying, sidequests definitely effect what level you are when you get into new worlds or streets.
My suggestion for your lower level character that is too low for Dragonspyre, is go back into Mooshu or Marleybone or whatever and do sidequests there. That should catch you up with Dragonspyre. :D
For your higher level character dont do any sidequests. Stick to the main quests.

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
90
Coolkc456 wrote:
I'm having very similar problems. I'm working on my first character, Scarlet Silversinger, and she's level 45 Balance. I always knew Balance was a little more advanced then other schools but I didnt know we would be getting in other worlds later then the other schools at all. I recently got into Mooshu at level 42 and now i'm level 45 and i'm not in Dragonspyre. Most of my friends are already in there at level 39 or so and some people i've asked for help just dont understand and dont know why i'm running so behind. I'm kind of rushing myself a little for when Celestia comes out i can go in right away since its taking me over a month for each level, literally. Man if only you could pay crowns to do quests for you, that would be pretty cool but would also show laziness. Speaking of quests I dont even have any quests at all I've done all side quests, defeated all the bosses and stuff from the quests I had and now the ONLY quest I have is the one for Seal Of The Seraphim, that Mooshu crafting quest. And I need help finding more please help!
i hear you i just started ds at level 45 i did all sidequests and stuff. I seem to be ahead and behind at the same time. Destiny Lifeblossom level 46 ( started ds)

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
163
toonenough wrote:
Coolkc456 wrote:
I'm having very similar problems. I'm working on my first character, Scarlet Silversinger, and she's level 45 Balance. I always knew Balance was a little more advanced then other schools but I didnt know we would be getting in other worlds later then the other schools at all. I recently got into Mooshu at level 42 and now i'm level 45 and i'm not in Dragonspyre. Most of my friends are already in there at level 39 or so and some people i've asked for help just dont understand and dont know why i'm running so behind. I'm kind of rushing myself a little for when Celestia comes out i can go in right away since its taking me over a month for each level, literally. Man if only you could pay crowns to do quests for you, that would be pretty cool but would also show laziness. Speaking of quests I dont even have any quests at all I've done all side quests, defeated all the bosses and stuff from the quests I had and now the ONLY quest I have is the one for Seal Of The Seraphim, that Mooshu crafting quest. And I need help finding more please help!
i hear you i just started ds at level 45 i did all sidequests and stuff. I seem to be ahead and behind at the same time. Destiny Lifeblossom level 46 ( started ds)


Actually, you're doing just fine. There's a big jump between the typical enemies you find in dragonspyre and the typical enemies you find in Mooshu. If you're level 45 starting out in DS (I was level 44, and about two-thirds of the way to 45) then you can equip yourself with the best gear (short of grandmaster gear of course) to give yourself the best odds of success in this tougher area. It's especially beneficial to do all the sidequests and level up before going to DS is you do a lot of solo play like I do. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem working with others, but I like to play at odd hours sometimes.

Survivor
Sep 13, 2009
34
stanklepoot wrote:
toonenough wrote:
Coolkc456 wrote:
I'm having very similar problems. I'm working on my first character, Scarlet Silversinger, and she's level 45 Balance. I always knew Balance was a little more advanced then other schools but I didnt know we would be getting in other worlds later then the other schools at all. I recently got into Mooshu at level 42 and now i'm level 45 and i'm not in Dragonspyre. Most of my friends are already in there at level 39 or so and some people i've asked for help just dont understand and dont know why i'm running so behind. I'm kind of rushing myself a little for when Celestia comes out i can go in right away since its taking me over a month for each level, literally. Man if only you could pay crowns to do quests for you, that would be pretty cool but would also show laziness. Speaking of quests I dont even have any quests at all I've done all side quests, defeated all the bosses and stuff from the quests I had and now the ONLY quest I have is the one for Seal Of The Seraphim, that Mooshu crafting quest. And I need help finding more please help!
i hear you i just started ds at level 45 i did all sidequests and stuff. I seem to be ahead and behind at the same time. Destiny Lifeblossom level 46 ( started ds)


Actually, you're doing just fine. There's a big jump between the typical enemies you find in dragonspyre and the typical enemies you find in Mooshu. If you're level 45 starting out in DS (I was level 44, and about two-thirds of the way to 45) then you can equip yourself with the best gear (short of grandmaster gear of course) to give yourself the best odds of success in this tougher area. It's especially beneficial to do all the sidequests and level up before going to DS is you do a lot of solo play like I do. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem working with others, but I like to play at odd hours sometimes.

Thank you so much! it makes me feel a ton better now that I know I'm not getting off track!