Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lack of common sense in side quest

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
One of the side quests in the grand chasm has you running all over getting a lock box, making puzzles and hiding keys. The reason? To keep the draconians from getting the spiral crystal.

However:

The guy that gives you the quest, Zelen Battlehorn, is standing right next to a massive flowing river of lava. And there's tons more lava flowing all over dragonspyre.

How come I can't just walk over and toss the crystal into the lava? Maybe it wouldn't destroy it, but I guarentee you that the draconians would not be getting it back. Ever.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
crystalwizard12345... on Mar 31, 2016 wrote:
One of the side quests in the grand chasm has you running all over getting a lock box, making puzzles and hiding keys. The reason? To keep the draconians from getting the spiral crystal.

However:

The guy that gives you the quest, Zelen Battlehorn, is standing right next to a massive flowing river of lava. And there's tons more lava flowing all over dragonspyre.

How come I can't just walk over and toss the crystal into the lava? Maybe it wouldn't destroy it, but I guarentee you that the draconians would not be getting it back. Ever.
Im actually surprised DS hasnt been completely melted by all the lava freely flowing and never seeming to run off anywhere lol

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
He needs the crystal for later I stopped in the middle of the quest line cause it was boring for me

Survivor
Nov 09, 2012
crystalwizard12345... on Mar 31, 2016 wrote:

However:

In my opinion, this side quest does not lack of common sense.

Why?

Well, a crystal like that can't simply be "Tossed into the lava". This crystal could be needed again for future purposes. If it's deep in a large pool of lava, it would be seriously difficult to ever even use it again, and not to mention the result of getting burned like an Evil Snowman that gets too close to a Firecat! The odds of the crystal getting destroyed in the lava are pretty high since a powerful thing like it must be fragile.

Anyway, the point is that even though the crystal is prone to be in the hands (Err, claws?) of draconians, it might be needed in an emergency that needs easier access to it than fishing it out of lava.

Sorry if this sounded a little rude, I was just giving my opinion and explaining the point of this quest.

Caitlin GoldenHeart lvl 63 Hope you have a Coloful day!