Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is it just me?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 19, 2008
13
Is it just me, or is Dragonspyre way harder than the other worlds were? I'm not talking about level wise or monster rank. It just seems like the quests are more complex. I need some support here, who thinks Dragonsprye is the hardest world yet?

Survivor
Feb 10, 2010
22
I agree that Dragonspyre is tough but it has been greatly improved! You can finish almost the whole world on your own but remember you should try to be in Crowded Realms to have a better chance of finding other players that are doing the same quests you have! Very often, I am lucky enough to find legendary players who love to just help other players complete difficult quests! Hope this helps! :D But I must say, this is my least favorite world because it is so dark and negative! Depressing even! :( But it's the only world I do not like so minor problem in this fantastic game I love so much!

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
261
It is indeed difficult, but not nearly as it used to be. There are few challenging areas, which made Dragonspyre my favorite area. Yet it has recently been nurfed as many thought it too hard.

I would love to see a VERY hard non-cheating Legendary area put in, but I guess that would involve an AI upgrade that would be difficult to implement.

If you see me in game, I'll be glad to help.


Devin Darksong – lvl 60 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong –lvl 60 balance
Dylan Darksong –lvl 60 Storm
Dustan Darksong –lvl 60 Myth
Dolan Darksong –lvl 60 Ice

Explorer
Apr 20, 2011
83
I'm first entered it today. It's hard, but I am operating under the assumption now that I need to rethink my spell deck. I'm experimenting as I go along. I suspect I need to migrate the smaller spells off, add stronger spells, add more force multipliers like blades and traps, and more health. I'm not sure yet. I really got stuck bad that last time I made major changes, so my changes will evolve more slowly.

There are others in Dragonspyre who seem to have solved that problem.

Obviously, more cooperative teamwork makes things much easier.

Good luck.

Morgrim Owlshield

Survivor
Jul 19, 2008
13
Thank you all for anwering my question. I have been in Dragonspyre for a week or so now and I've realized that it gets better once you have your Rank 7 spell. My friends are also very helpful when I'm in a sticky situation, (The Labyrinth.) and I'm becoming more confident that I can complete this world without too much difficulty.

Survivor
Nov 01, 2008
9
It is not just you, Dragonspyre is indeed a hard world, and it invols a lot of teamwork to finish, but ever scince then changed the Malistare dungeon to soloable, grrr..... anyway, you havee to find friends. Join random battles, if you see a battle, ask if tyhey need help0. over the course of,the battle get to know them, and then you have a new friend who is doing a sidequest and needs some HELP (thats where you come in) in the story quest that you need too!
"Fire never dies alone." from a magic: the gathering card dkd

Ethan Firebringer
Grandmaster Pyromancer
Level lvl 57

Defender
Feb 28, 2011
185
I dont know about anyone else currently, but I read some older posts on a page regarding quests for ds just gone. I'm dealing with that now. Someone mentioned checking our storyline quest or checking with milos or prof drake. Ive checked with both guys. Milos has nothing for me but the book search, and drake says he cant help me get to the next area if i cant do it myself. Like the other players on past board, I've searched all over The Tower of Archives and Plaza of Conquest and cant find anything I missed. Dont think it has anything to do with other quests on other spiral places either. pretty sure i've completed all but wintertusk up to ds.

Can anyone help me get past the Atheneum? or to other areas in it?? I know there is a door i should be able to go in but it wont let me and i dont know why. getting frustrated because my storyline quest is for my lvl 48 pet thru prof drake. need a collar for the dog or something and i cant do anything to get to the guy. If i'm suppose to be level 48 to get this pet, why have I already almost made lvl 50 in the attempt to aquire my new high lvl pet???

Thanks,
Taryn

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
2721
TarynHeart wrote:
I dont know about anyone else currently, but I read some older posts on a page regarding quests for ds just gone. I'm dealing with that now. Someone mentioned checking our storyline quest or checking with milos or prof drake. Ive checked with both guys. Milos has nothing for me but the book search, and drake says he cant help me get to the next area if i cant do it myself. Like the other players on past board, I've searched all over The Tower of Archives and Plaza of Conquest and cant find anything I missed. Dont think it has anything to do with other quests on other spiral places either. pretty sure i've completed all but wintertusk up to ds.

Can anyone help me get past the Atheneum? or to other areas in it?? I know there is a door i should be able to go in but it wont let me and i dont know why. getting frustrated because my storyline quest is for my lvl 48 pet thru prof drake. need a collar for the dog or something and i cant do anything to get to the guy. If i'm suppose to be level 48 to get this pet, why have I already almost made lvl 50 in the attempt to aquire my new high lvl pet???

Thanks,
Taryn


This list of Dragonspyre quests might help:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58622

Good Luck.

Defender
Jul 08, 2009
178
Lol, I agree, but all the dead peeps are making me comfortable!

~Tabitha Spiritsong, the singing necromancer

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
28
Moribund wrote:
It is indeed difficult, but not nearly as it used to be. There are few challenging areas, which made Dragonspyre my favorite area. Yet it has recently been nurfed as many thought it too hard.

I would love to see a VERY hard non-cheating Legendary area put in, but I guess that would involve an AI upgrade that would be difficult to implement.

If you see me in game, I'll be glad to help.


Devin Darksong – lvl 60 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong –lvl 60 balance
Dylan Darksong –lvl 60 Storm
Dustan Darksong –lvl 60 Myth
Dolan Darksong –lvl 60 Ice


dragonspyre used to be harder? how so?

Defender
Dec 24, 2009
186
dragonspyre used to be harder? how so?

Oh, indeed. Consider this: the tower gauntlets that are now rare, only about 3-5 levels, and contain health wisps, used to be more like Big Ben in Marleybone. There were ususally 2-3 such towers with 10 levels each in every area of Dragonspyre. It was exhausting.

Also, keep in mind that this was before you could buy henchmen or potions to help you out!

(For that matter, Big Ben has been made much easier as well. It used to be 10 levels up the sides and 15 levels in the middle clock tower. Again, without the use of henchmen or potions to increase strength, damage, health, or to heal you in between floors.)

Survivor
Feb 04, 2011
35
Dont get me wrong it is quite hard, expecially for Fire and Death. But wait till you get to Celestia o_O

Survivor
Dec 21, 2010
28
mparm901 wrote:
Is it just me, or is Dragonspyre way harder than the other worlds were? I'm not talking about level wise or monster rank. It just seems like the quests are more complex. I need some support here, who thinks Dragonsprye is the hardest world yet?


Yes I do agree that DS is the hardest world yet but think about it... it's the second to last world so logic follows it would be more complex wether designed to do so or not. If you need help get a friend to help you and if your friends won't do them with you I will. I'm on (basically) every day from early morning to late afternoon (eastern time) and my realm is Greyrose. I'm Laura Starflame and I'm a lvl 42 master pyromancer. Samething goes to people that are reading this and if you need help I'll be glad to help