Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How do you defeat Malistaire?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
I have no one to help me and I'm a lv 52 Death Student. I'm sure I could beat him, but I'm hearing about this update.

What are some tricks to defeat his henchman and him? I'm so close to beating this world.

Any ideas? Thanks for any help

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Ghoul363 wrote:
I have no one to help me and I'm a lv 52 Death Student. I'm sure I could beat him, but I'm hearing about this update.

What are some tricks to defeat his henchman and him? I'm so close to beating this world.

First of all, take the minions out first~ they just look intimidating, but Malistaire himself is nothing without them.

TIP: Equip an off-school wand, just in case (that way, getting rid of Weakness won't cost you your blades or converts).

-

Step#1: UNBALANCE! This should keep the Weakness-spamming to a minimum.

Step #2: Blade up. There are trained, item, pet, AND TC versions of most of these~ Dark Pact, Deathblade, Spirit Blades (from Balance tree in Krok), Spirit Trap, Curse, Hex, Balanceblade, Dragonblade, Bladestorm... just make sure to stack as many as you can get your hands on.

Step #3: Stack as many feints (treasure, amulet, pet, trained) on Malistaire as you can (don't bother with the minions here). Death doesn't shield against Life, even though it boosts against them, so you'll get a clean hit.

Step #4: Prism like crazy. Make sure you have enough converts in your deck for all of them.

Step #5: Remove any Weaknesses that may be left on you with a Cleanse Charm TC.

Step #6: Enchant Scarecrow with Gargantuan or Monstrous TCs, then let 'er rip.

Step #7: Repeat as required, until they're all good and dead.
-

In addition to your spells, you'll want to bring these with you.

1. Death shields. Even though you'll resist the majority of his spells, the shields /will/ help~ also, cast them on yourself before using Dark Pact or Sacrifice.

2. Storm/Ice shields. You see, Malistaire seems to have a particular fondness for Lightning Bats and Ice Wyvern (I've heard he casts Kraken as well, but have put 3 wizards past him and never seen one).

3. UNBALANCE! Malistaire and his minions all spam Weakness, so this will keep them from taking cheap shots at you, when they have no pips.

4. TC Cleanse Charm. If you can't find Unbalance in time, and he gets you with Weakness, these will remove it for no pips.

5. TC Monstrous or Gargantuan. Trust me, they are useful...

-

Other wizards may be able to add to this list... Good luck!

El Veeb/Val Deathwhisper
legendary necromancer (61) & wraith-crusher. ;)

Explorer
Feb 07, 2010
Ghoul363 wrote:

Dear Ghoul363,
Easy! All you have to do is, and I mean really, super simple. You must have friends with you, indeed. First, the only schools that are possible to do this is Balance, Storm, and Life. Okay, first, use traps on him, and use 25% any spells or your type of school (it will show.) on you. (The ones above your head.) Then, use the strongest spell you have. To have enough pips, make sure you have a 25% power pip & any boost on healing. If your in storm, use a stromazilla, or Kranken, whatever his name is. Balance, no need. 200 ad up spells only. Life, I'd suggest Seraphs, Natures Wrath, and that half man/horse. You may want to use some treasure cards, by the way. If your not one of these schools, no worries! These are just the ones that do really good. But just do the same thing I said, and remember, if your friends use your traps, no worries! Just say "Don't use up my traps." Make sure you reply people, if anyone trie this and fails, please comment. I'll see what I can do.

Survivor
Sep 19, 2011
lovemelanie8216 wrote:
Ghoul363 wrote:

Dear Ghoul363,
Easy! All you have to do is, and I mean really, super simple. You must have friends with you, indeed. First, the only schools that are possible to do this is Balance, Storm, and Life. Okay, first, use traps on him, and use 25% any spells or your type of school (it will show.) on you. (The ones above your head.) Then, use the strongest spell you have. To have enough pips, make sure you have a 25% power pip & any boost on healing. If your in storm, use a stromazilla, or Kranken, whatever his name is. Balance, no need. 200 ad up spells only. Life, I'd suggest Seraphs, Natures Wrath, and that half man/horse. You may want to use some treasure cards, by the way. If your not one of these schools, no worries! These are just the ones that do really good. But just do the same thing I said, and remember, if your friends use your traps, no worries! Just say "Don't use up my traps." Make sure you reply people, if anyone trie this and fails, please comment. I'll see what I can do.
I did that too! I have all fire and storm spells! My friends killed all of the minions and then left me alone with malistare. I got 2 pets a sword and 300 gold. Plus a lot of housing items!

Survivor
Apr 27, 2012
How exactly do you "Enchant Scarecrow with Gargantuan or Monstrous TCs. " I don't even know what Monstrous TC means. How do you do this?

Survivor
Jul 31, 2011
Explorer
Jun 12, 2011
sirmorte wrote:
How exactly do you "Enchant Scarecrow with Gargantuan or Monstrous TCs. " I don't even know what Monstrous TC means. How do you do this?

sirmorte wrote:

I'm sorry~ didn't realize you were new! In which case, allow me to explain...

TC is short for Treasure Card, a one-use-only spell or enhancement card that can be purchased at the Bazaar, crafted, or earned from drops/quest rewards. You've probably seen them before~ they're gold and shiny.

A Monstrous or Gargantuan TC, specifically, is a Sun spell~ an enchantment that enhances your existing spell (you can't train the spell proper until level 52). Here's how it works:

Let's say you have a Skeletal Pirate in your hand, and draw a Monstrous treasure card from your sideboard. Click the gold card (TC), then on the pirate~ this will increase the damage it will do to the enemy by 175; Gargantuan (+225 to next spell) and Colossal (+300) do the same, but for more damage.

**THE EXCEPTION to this is Death's drain spells~ if you enchant a Vampire or Scarecrow, the enhancement will be halved because you're healing yourself and doing damage at the same time.

Hope this helps!

I'm sorry~ I didn't realize you were new! In which case, allow me to explain...

TC is short for Treasure Card, a one-use-only spell or enhancement card that can be purchased at the Bazaar, crafted, or earned from drops/quest rewards. You've probably seen them before~ they're gold and shiny.

A Monstrous or Gargantuan TC, specifically, is a Sun spell~ an enchantment that enhances your existing spell (you can't train the spell proper until level 52). Here's how it works:

Let's say you have a Skeletal Pirate in your hand, and draw a Monstrous treasure card from your sideboard. Click the gold card (TC), then on the pirate~ this will increase the damage it will do to the enemy by 175; Gargantuan (+225 to next spell) and Colossal (+300) do the same, but for more damage.

**THE EXCEPTION to this is Death's drain spells~ if you enchant a Vampire or Scarecrow, the enhancement will be halved because you're healing yourself and doing damage at the same time.

Hope this helps!

-El Veeb/Val Deathwhisper
legendary necromancer

(this is vonAwesome's other account, haha).