Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Getting to Malistair

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
Ok, been stuck trying to get to this dude so I can move on. Am a level 56 Life. Any clues on how I can singly defeat this guy? I can not seem to find anyone to help me out.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Innerflame wrote:
Ok, been stuck trying to get to this dude so I can move on. Am a level 56 Life. Any clues on how I can singly defeat this guy? I can not seem to find anyone to help me out.

I had no luck soloing either. I waited around and asked to join two others who were going in. It's the only way I was able to even get to Malestaire let alone beat him.
I hope someone can offer advice; I'd like to take more than one wizard through this instance.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Assuming that you've completed the appropriate quest ("the final countdown") to get there, it shouldn't be a problem. You're Life- you boost against Death and, at your level, probably have Centaur and Forest Lord. Just blade up and trap like it's your job- voila, a walk in the park!

Recommended reading: http://wizard101.wikia.com/wiki/The_Final_Countdown

If you're referring to soloing, it can be done- you no longer need 3 other people with you, to activate the crystals. It can be hard to solo at level 50, so I suggest taking at least one friend (or a henchman posing as a friend) with you.

@ RavenLady~ if your concerns are health-related (as in, you're a Storm wizard), I have a level 78 sorcerer who's willing to lend herself to your cause. :)

Good luck, both of you!

L.S.,
transcendent/78, & Dragonspyre Master.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I have never done this instance solo but can pretty easy with one other person. I use a few short cuts and use the Maw route to get to crystal and back.

I surely would give it a go if I had my life in the level 56 Wintertusk crafted gear on.

Life is really at a disadvantage with these types of fights because you have to become a one hit wonder, at level 58 with Forest Lord soloing may be totally possible. I added Feint to my Life wizard so I could solo more boss fights.