Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Frustrated with Dragonspyre

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 26, 2008
It comes to my attention Dragonspyre is one of the worst worlds ever made. Marleybone is next to Dragonspyre as one of the worst worlds as well. Dragonspyre is FULL of never ending towers! We always get very little XP for all our hard work and time. One of my quests required me to go in a tower and get 620xp from it. Thats crazy! Then I had too restart the tower because I couldn't see the doorway leading to the next level, even when I was half way finished with the tower. These towers leading to very little XP are getting me really mad and annoyed. We should get like 2k or at least 3k XP for long lasting towers! Who else is annoyed and angry about this little XP for long lasting towers?

Survivor
Nov 07, 2009
:?

I too am extremely frustrated in DS!

I haven't gotten around in there enough to even know much about the XP aspect.....

BUT from "Emma Soulwalkers" perspective, it sure seems like I am running in circles in there. I have accepted a quest in which it seems I can't even get to because I haven't made it through the first doorway from the basilica..... :/

Anyways, yes I agree with the poster of topic.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
I thought that to. But you know if you have help from friends it always helps. I am now done with the main D.S. quest and i thought the towers got you ready for the fight with Malistare. Just try and try again and again and the hard work will finally pay off!

Mindy Rainbowpants 48 Fire

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Wow, this leads me to question why you are playing. If all you are interested in is XP, then just start a new character...

If you are interested in the game and experiencing it, then stay in DS and enjoy. It seems to get better for me in the second half.

Just like money not being able to buy happiness, gaining XP doesn't mean you are having fun, enjoying the game, etc, it just means you are doing quests. Having fun, like a benefactor gaining satisfaction from donations, is a function of the individual and how s/he interacts with his/her environment...be it in a game, in an educational experience, or in real life.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
GoodWill wrote:
It comes to my attention Dragonspyre is one of the worst worlds ever made. Marleybone is next to Dragonspyre as one of the worst worlds as well. Dragonspyre is FULL of never ending towers! We always get very little XP for all our hard work and time. One of my quests required me to go in a tower and get 620xp from it. Thats crazy! Then I had too restart the tower because I couldn't see the doorway leading to the next level, even when I was half way finished with the tower. These towers leading to very little XP are getting me really mad and annoyed. We should get like 2k or at least 3k XP for long lasting towers! Who else is annoyed and angry about this little XP for long lasting towers?

I hated Marleybone but love Dragonspyre. I couldn't disagree with you more on Dragonspyre.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2009
I agree totally. I have pretty much solo'd the entire game and now all of a sudden I HAVE to have 3 people in order to get to Malistaire. What a crock of (children might read this). Fix the game so you don't need three people to continue. What were the game creators thinking of.

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
I think that you may find that when some tower quests are turned in, it does seem like you don't get a lot of XP. But, then the second or third character you talk with gives you several thousand XP. Sometimes the XP reward comes after several additional steps...not just the completion of the tower.

The only part of DS that irks me is the quests that require me to defeat X and collect Y number of items. It seems that sometimes I can defeat 20 of the monsters and still only collect 5 of the required items. That type of grind gets a bit annoying. For some kids I know that's a real turn off. Just have to remind myself that it's all to progress with the storyline and get to Malistaire...

Survivor
Nov 26, 2008
MikeStrath wrote:
Wow, this leads me to question why you are playing. If all you are interested in is XP, then just start a new character...

If you are interested in the game and experiencing it, then stay in DS and enjoy. It seems to get better for me in the second half.

Just like money not being able to buy happiness, gaining XP doesn't mean you are having fun, enjoying the game, etc, it just means you are doing quests. Having fun, like a benefactor gaining satisfaction from donations, is a function of the individual and how s/he interacts with his/her environment...be it in a game, in an educational experience, or in real life.

I did start a new character. That's why he is in Dragonspyre..Really? Enjoy little XP for hours of towers? I wish I had the patients to do that. Yes it means I am doing quests. I am working really hard on all my characters lately, but the quests in Dragonspyre offer little XP for complicated quests. Mooshu's XP is way better to me.

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
the one thing i think is very irrateing is that there are bearly any quests in ds i need help finding them and are they linked to other quest???