Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

door locked

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 11, 2011
I got past the side quests up to near Malistaire and it says door is locked so what do i have to do to unlock the door.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
freegal2014 on Feb 15, 2013 wrote:
I got past the side quests up to near Malistaire and it says door is locked so what do i have to do to unlock the door.
This link to one of the fansites gives some general information on The Great Spyre:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Location:The_Great_Spyre

Part of it says:

• Defeat the two Gurtok Demons and then activate the Crystal Stand in The Great Spyre (Upper) which you can access by passing through the Dragon's Maw or The Howling Cave.
    • (before Fall 2010, you had to activate three crystal stands at approximately the same time)

• This unlocks the door to The Crown of Fire (where you meet Malistaire).

• When I did this quest, I used the path through Dragon's Maw to access the Crystal Stand. I found that I can "sneak past" the two dueling circles in that area. When you get through Dragon's Maw, there is a door that leads to "The Great Spyre". (Look at your map. You are on the lower gray path.) Turn right and go to the "Crystal" stand. Press "x". This unlocks the door to The Crown of Fire.

Now you have to go back through the Dragon's Maw area again and return to the area where you defeated the Gurtok Demons near the elevator. The door to The Crown of Fire should now open for you.

Sorry if I confused you, but I hope this helps.

Archon
    Oct 24, 2010
    freegal2014 on Feb 15, 2013 wrote:
    Do the rest of the main story line quests. Help is here: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Location:The_Great_Spyre

Explorer
    Jul 16, 2012
    AluraMist2 on Feb 15, 2013 wrote:
    This link to one of the fansites gives some general information on The Great Spyre:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Location:The_Great_Spyre

Part of it says:

• Defeat the two Gurtok Demons and then activate the Crystal Stand in The Great Spyre (Upper) which you can access by passing through the Dragon's Maw or The Howling Cave.
    • (before Fall 2010, you had to activate three crystal stands at approximately the same time)

• This unlocks the door to The Crown of Fire (where you meet Malistaire).

• When I did this quest, I used the path through Dragon's Maw to access the Crystal Stand. I found that I can "sneak past" the two dueling circles in that area. When you get through Dragon's Maw, there is a door that leads to "The Great Spyre". (Look at your map. You are on the lower gray path.) Turn right and go to the "Crystal" stand. Press "x". This unlocks the door to The Crown of Fire.

Now you have to go back through the Dragon's Maw area again and return to the area where you defeated the Gurtok Demons near the elevator. The door to The Crown of Fire should now open for you.

Sorry if I confused you, but I hope this helps.
    It could also be the other area. Hope you have fun. The animation is REALLY cool.