Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Broken Staff Pieces/My Guide

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
Ok so as I decided Awhile ago to make a Storm Wizard, I been reading these forums for tips and etc, in my adventure process to Grand Diviner, I was fortunate enough to take notes as I proceeded to Grand Master.

I then wrote down the Obsidian Chest Locations. Here they are. I quickly scrathed them down as I went on. So I had to translate my own hand writing for the guide. Hope it helps:

Haunted Cave-Lord Nightshade
Collassus Bolivard-Prince Gobblestone
Royal Hall-Biti Chamber-Biti Nirini
Grand Arena-Trophy Room-Khai Amante the Great-Through the Coleseum to find him.
Newgate Prision-North Clock Tower-Agony Wraith
Chelsea Court-Shakes Clock Tower-Shakes O'Leary
Ancient Burial Ground- Forest Shrine
Cave of Solitude-Koto's Dojo
The Labyrinth-Deans Den

Feel Free to add any important info I might had missed.

Edit: If you had already beaten the Dean once, you do not have to fight him again. You will have to fight the three bosses over again though to re-unlock the Deans Tower. Upon entering the Dean Tower you will see the Dean standing their with a "?" over his head, the Obsidian chest is behind him, you can not miss it.

Also I would like to add a little bit more research for the crystal needed for the staff..

When you are prompted to talk to Milaka Jewelbender, for her chain to make the crystal you need for the staff. Towards the end of her Chain She will want you to kill 8 Crystal Spiders. After you talk to her about killing the spiders? Three will spawn in her tower. If you have the will to go up against three spiders at one time soloing? More power to you.

You DO NOT have to kill the spiders in her tower that spawn, you can kill any Spider in Crystal Cove for this part of the quest. I found that the Ancient Crystal Crawlers drop the item you need for this quest a lot more then the other types of spiders in the cove do.

Happy hunting, Hope this guide helps

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Thanks for posting it. There are also several threads about this on Wizard101 Central.

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
Drifter69 wrote:
Ok so as I decided Awhile ago to make a Storm Wizard, I been reading these forums for tips and etc, in my adventure process to Grand Diviner, I was fortunate enough to take notes as I proceeded to Grand Master.

I then wrote down the Obsidian Chest Locations. Here they are. I quickly scrathed them down as I went on. So I had to translate my own hand writing for the guide. Hope it helps:

Grand Arena-Trophy Room-Khai Amante the Great
The Labyrinth-Deans Den

The quest finder told you were to go. Once you got to the locations to find them all you had to do was look at the map and it showed you. so honestly that is all the advice needed to be given because unlike most treasure hunts the map shows their locations. Basically the chests where easy to find. Some where a pain however. As when you get to mooshu if you missed a side quest it was almost impossible to figure out which side quest you missed. Fortunately for me I had a friend that helped me with the one that was locked for me. He went into the building and had me port to him. It was a building that was locked in the ancient burial grounds.

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
noyeh wrote:
Drifter69 wrote:

Grand Arena-Trophy Room-Khai Amante the Great
The Labyrinth-Deans Den

The quest finder told you were to go. Once you got to the locations to find them all you had to do was look at the map and it showed you. so honestly that is all the advice needed to be given because unlike most treasure hunts the map shows their locations. Basically the chests where easy to find. Some where a pain however. As when you get to mooshu if you missed a side quest it was almost impossible to figure out which side quest you missed. Fortunately for me I had a friend that helped me with the one that was locked for me. He went into the building and had me port to him. It was a building that was locked in the ancient burial grounds.

The finder did not tell me where to go. I jotted the chest down as I went. I notice that when you are in the general area of the Obsidian Chest, you can see them on the map. The finder did not tell me about the rest of my post. See you try to help other people out and someone always has to say something about it, Sheesh