Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

am i the wrong level to be in Dragonspyre

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 16, 2012
I'm a level 54 Pyromancer in Dragonspyre. I'm only on the second street (plaza of conquest) I heard most people finish around level 50. Am I to high level to be in dragonspyre? :)

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
No, you get there when you get there; people are still basing level completion on old time tables, before GH, WT, and WY were added. If you are completing all your quests side and storyline and completing one world before moving to the next you are just fine there is tons of XP to go around; don't fret about being a few levels higher or lower; play at your pace and comfort.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
There's no such thing as being to high of a level in any world. You are fine. In fact, you are stronger than those that race through it early. Just enjoy the game! :)

Explorer
May 07, 2011
You aren't overleveled in my opinion. I was like level 59-60 when I finished, Snow Angel is amazing.

Alex DuskGlade, level 64 Thaumaturge

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
wolfrunner73 wrote:
I'm a level 54 Pyromancer in Dragonspyre. I'm only on the second street (plaza of conquest) I heard most people finish around level 50. Am I to high level to be in dragonspyre? :)

I'm level fifty and still in the Crucible. (Spelling?)

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
One wizard I am deleting soon is in mooshu still and is level 50. 50 I TELL YOU. That is higher than most who finish in their low 40s :P. ALSO its a good thing to be a higher level, then its easier to finish the world! Have fun! :)

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
No. You dont know the meaning of too high of level to be somewhere. on my storm, i was legendary by the necropolis. On my current life guy, i am level 48, and i am still in the cave of solitude( thanks wintertusk ). i still have the majority of vestri, all of sudri, and nordri, and nastrond, to do. By the time i finish all that i will be like level 55! Still in mooshu! not even close to done really! i will be walking around ds as a level, what 58? using forest lord to handle mobs? when i finish zafaria, i will only need to do one or two areas to get to archmage. Thats the definition of overleved lol.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Well, that's a fairly relative thing at this point. Since the release of Wintertusk, wizards have a couple of routes to leveling, if they have finished Grizzleheim.

Before Wintertusk, wizards did level differently, usually ino DS around level 40 and done around level 50. Now, it is possible to enter DS at a higher level and then finish at a higher level.

For example:

My wizards quest in Wintertusk at level 47-48, and they usually end up finishing Dragon Spyre at well into the 50's. That's a great pathway, actually; I love to enter Celestia at level 55-56 so I can take advantage of damage boost and critical stats at the very beginning of the world. I also stay ahead of the usual crafting curve so as to make use of the excellent level 55 crafted outfits in CL and the level 56 outfits from WT. The additional blades, traps, boosts, etc. make for a more fun and leisurely experience in Celestia :)

Hope this is helpful information,

Qbb and various wizards

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
thejordanator wrote:
No. You dont know the meaning of too high of level to be somewhere. on my storm, i was legendary by the necropolis. On my current life guy, i am level 48, and i am still in the cave of solitude( thanks wintertusk ). i still have the majority of vestri, all of sudri, and nordri, and nastrond, to do. By the time i finish all that i will be like level 55! Still in mooshu! not even close to done really! i will be walking around ds as a level, what 58? using forest lord to handle mobs? when i finish zafaria, i will only need to do one or two areas to get to archmage. Thats the definition of overleved lol.

I am just like you :D My life wiz is lvl 46 ( I think) and is still in the cave of solitude. I cant even go to Wintertusk yet D: My myth wiz is lvl 80 and still in the early parts of Avalon D: Some people just level up really fast apparently. And finish worlds really slowly lol

Survivor
Mar 29, 2012
i just start with dragonspyre and i am level 51, and i like it to play dragonpsyre on this level, i just blade my enemy's and then finish them with power nova :). its just great ;) hahahah.

Michael drakehunter, Level 51 balance wizard
Michael drakefinder, level 10 death wizard

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
wolfrunner73 wrote:
i am a lvl 50 i was wondering if i am too high for dragonspyre? btw i am david bluetail :D :D

Survivor
Jan 19, 2012
Hi :D I was wondering if lvl 39 was pretty low for Dragonspyre? I was having a hard time already. Pls tell me if this lvl is just right or way off for DS.

Gabriel Storm, 39 Diviner

Explorer
Aug 01, 2009
gbdudeisawesome wrote:
Hi :D I was wondering if lvl 39 was pretty low for Dragonspyre? I was having a hard time already. Pls tell me if this lvl is just right or way off for DS.

Gabriel Storm, 39 Diviner

For diviner, average, but too weak to solo there.
Especially dungeons.

I have a lvl 46 diviner I've given up in dragonspyre, making a new death wizard (more fit for my solo type of playing) who's breezed through krok and now at tomb of storms with little help.

I suggest you lvl a bit, and gt LOTS of health and defensive gear, your health is dangerously low there XD

Explorer
Jul 14, 2009
Well my Death wizard got there at level 39 also, and he did just fine, make sure though you do some sidequests in DS so you can get to CL at level 50.

Defender
Jun 16, 2011

im sorry,
but lvl 39 is WAY to low so i guess your on Marlybone after Marlybone is Mooshu :-) THEN Dragonspyre , so ya :D sorry but you can be my friend im elizabeth just eliz\abeth lvl48 pryromancer

Survivor
Apr 10, 2009
Just go in with a friend I am level 42 life just starting and it is hard :P I have been doing it with my friend, and it makes it a whole lot easier and you really should be a higher level. hope this helped

Survivor
Jan 19, 2012
danigirlygirl wrote:
Just go in with a friend I am level 42 life just starting and it is hard :P I have been doing it with my friend, and it makes it a whole lot easier and you really should be a higher level. hope this helped

That's what i do lol! I'm now lvl 41( i honestly didn't get a lot of time to play) :( Thx everybody for notifying me!

Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
39 seems a little low. I started Dragonspyre around level 43, and I still had a little trouble. Granted, Storm Spells are much stronger than fire spells, but I would suggest waiting one or two more levels... :D

Explorer
May 27, 2012
I felt the same way. I was a level 30 who was still in Krokotopia once. Luckily, now I'm a level 32 in Hyde Park in Marleybone!

Anyways, the highest level for Wizard City is 15. If you are still in Wizard City and over level 15, your gonna be done for. Low EXP, Noobs, your wizard will be doomed!

Survivor
Apr 17, 2009
Wow :D I am at the drake hatchery level 40. I wish I was at your standpoint though :?

Defender
Aug 06, 2011
Well...I started Dragonspyre at level 40, but, I was a balance wizard. I think the reason you had trouble is because Storm has lower health points, so you could try to get some health gear or resist gear.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Nah. I'm level 40 and still on the Plague Oni! There is an upside to being above the average level for an area though, it means that when you go to the next world you can buy all of the best clothes from the Bazaar! :D

Survivor
Aug 07, 2010
Defender
May 24, 2012
Thanks everyone for answering my question before it was asked. I just got to lvl 45, upgraded my gear and still feel weak for Dragonspyre. I'm a Life/Fire. I've been getting booted out of duels - well, dungeons. Some I can do but others get me with just one more hit to go. After I did the straight story line in MB and getting booted from Big Ben twice, I went back to do all the side quests in MB. I leveled up 2 and felt stronger and got through Big Ben ok. I flew through Mooshu, beat the Jade Oni (it was close though), and got to DS. I don't see any side quests to speak of in DS and the ones I've found mean dueling some creature with a 3500 life. I looked on Central to see the sides for DS and there are only about 5. Where can I get leveled up now so I'm comfortable in the duels?

Survivor
Mar 19, 2011
i am lvl 62 in dragonspyre i know a friend who was 65 when he beat it i feel like i am to high but really i am not