Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why is completing the crafting quests so difficult?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 12, 2019
I'm at the first dragonspyre quest and I'm starting to realize why I never completed the marleybone crafting quest until today. The amount of resources needed to craft just one ring is ridiculous, I've no clue how people do it. I wish I could just spend crowns to skip crafting it's that bad. I don't know how people have actually farmed all the stuff needed to make things like wintertusk gear.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Baarko on Feb 3, 2020 wrote:
I'm at the first dragonspyre quest and I'm starting to realize why I never completed the marleybone crafting quest until today. The amount of resources needed to craft just one ring is ridiculous, I've no clue how people do it. I wish I could just spend crowns to skip crafting it's that bad. I don't know how people have actually farmed all the stuff needed to make things like wintertusk gear.
It's for the challenge of it. The more difficult it is, the more satisfaction I get when I complete a project. Crafting takes time and dedication, just like farming gear and hatching a better pet.
So why are you crafting? Is it to get better gear and spells? Then you ought to be willing to take the time to get the reagents to craft.

1. Keep your eyes open as you travel the Spiral. Collect all reagents you see.
2. Learn about what plants to garden to gain reagents.
3. Spend some gold for those very helpful transmutation recipes. ( Check Toshio in MooShu ).
Good Luck!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Crafting at the earlier levels can be tedious if you aren't aware of how to get the reagents, especially in abundance.

Since you have crowns, keep in mind that there a reagent bundles within the crown shop that can provide great assistance.

In your case, the Marleybone Crafting Quest heavily relies on Scrap Iron. There is a 100 Scrap Iron Reagent Bundle available for 499 crowns that you can purchase.

The key to many of these reagents are gardening and transmuting.

Drop by Bazaar too for assistance, although rarer reagents are hardly in stock.

Survivor
Sep 12, 2010
It is hard and sometimes I think some recipes are close to impossible; great satisfaction when carried out though.

Often you have to adventure past where you got the recipe though. They might be hard but Marleybone was far easier than higher level ones. Never leave a reagent no the ground.

I'm trying to craft "Ione's legendary sword", the brutal limiting factor is the 25 antiquity needed.

I've looked it up and it doesn't seem that antiquity [reagent] is created anywhere or anyhow, can't be bought etc etc.

For some reason though I have one in inventory, lol. Wish I remembered how and somewhere a webpage needs updating. :-)

The recipes I can do, I do, but the ones that seem to have worse odds than the lottery I leave alone.

However if and when they work they often give the best items. But I always lookup the limiting factors first, [don't sell draconium] before running after the easy items reagents/TC's/fish etc etc.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Mark Fountain on Mar 16, 2020 wrote:
It is hard and sometimes I think some recipes are close to impossible; great satisfaction when carried out though.

Often you have to adventure past where you got the recipe though. They might be hard but Marleybone was far easier than higher level ones. Never leave a reagent no the ground.

I'm trying to craft "Ione's legendary sword", the brutal limiting factor is the 25 antiquity needed.

I've looked it up and it doesn't seem that antiquity [reagent] is created anywhere or anyhow, can't be bought etc etc.

For some reason though I have one in inventory, lol. Wish I remembered how and somewhere a webpage needs updating. :-)

The recipes I can do, I do, but the ones that seem to have worse odds than the lottery I leave alone.

However if and when they work they often give the best items. But I always lookup the limiting factors first, [don't sell draconium] before running after the easy items reagents/TC's/fish etc etc.

You can find antiquities in Mirage.

Survivor
May 27, 2013
Crafting becomes much easier once you've played the game awhile and have a couple characters that can garden. However the max level crafting I want to point out once again is rather tedious and too complex imo. I've always farmed and spent crowns for the best gear with extreme dedication. I was never able to get the shining scales and got frustrated. And now apparently the dailies no longer seem to give participation trophies which is bad for crowns players having to pvp for them. I was lucky and my dad took the time to help. With the new dragoon gear requiring max crafter (visionary to craft) I had to have it. I pretty much gave up crafting after that, and if I couldn't craft the dragoon (the current best gear), that's something severe enough that I might never have played again. Also I would like to point out to original post that you can spend crowns to actually buy many reagents (in the crown shop, far right under gameplay options, reagent bundles) hope that helps :)

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
Collecting reagents is harder for some crafting tasks than others.

It is worthwhile to level up in crafting because there are some unique and fun items you can only get by crafting--like entire houses.

Eventually, you will want to craft spells and equipment. At level 130, the most powerful gear is dropped--if you are patient enough to farm for it. Most people I know just craft it.