Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

why craft, if you could buy it??

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 28, 2013
105
Hello, I saw in grizzleheim a recipe for a grandfather clock. the recipe is 13,000 gold. And then you need the following regents: 5 Krakens, 1 Vial, 2 Ghost Fire, 20 Acorns, 30 Ancient scrolls, 40 Lava lily's. Now can someone please tell me why I would go through all of this if I could buy the grandfather clock at the bazaar for only 1040 gold?? Even if the answer is to make them and sell them at maybe 300 gold a piece. It is way way way to much work. So please someone shed some light on the subject.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4938
stormkraker on Jul 14, 2013 wrote:
Hello, I saw in grizzleheim a recipe for a grandfather clock. the recipe is 13,000 gold. And then you need the following regents: 5 Krakens, 1 Vial, 2 Ghost Fire, 20 Acorns, 30 Ancient scrolls, 40 Lava lily's. Now can someone please tell me why I would go through all of this if I could buy the grandfather clock at the bazaar for only 1040 gold?? Even if the answer is to make them and sell them at maybe 300 gold a piece. It is way way way to much work. So please someone shed some light on the subject.
because some people enjoy it...and those at the highest level really don't have much to do in the game except PvP, gardening, crafting or working on their pets.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2011
7
You can't buy anything that can be crafted. And what can be crafted is better than what can be bought through the bazaar.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4938
Ryan StormRider on Jul 15, 2013 wrote:
You can't buy anything that can be crafted. And what can be crafted is better than what can be bought through the bazaar.
That's not true at all. There are a bunch of rings/robes, etc. in the Bazaar for sale that are crafted items. There is even a little icon to indicate that.

Defender
Oct 21, 2010
147
RavenLady777 on Jul 15, 2013 wrote:
That's not true at all. There are a bunch of rings/robes, etc. in the Bazaar for sale that are crafted items. There is even a little icon to indicate that.
Yes, but some crafted gear has better statistics and benefits, that is no auction. You have to craft for it, and that makes it both rare, & more powerful.

-See Ya In The Spiral!!

Julia DragonLeaf

Survivor
May 20, 2012
9
I enjoy it plus i have a myth brave hound which i like very much and the snack i want to get for him is not in the bazaar and i found a recipe in pet pavilion ambros cereal i got to the lvl it required to get and now my pet gets more xp the other pet snacks
Plus: I enjoy it i can make lots of daggers and rings for the other wizards in my account or sell them in the bazzar for gold and other people can buy them.

Defender
Jun 28, 2013
105
Ryan StormRider on Jul 15, 2013 wrote:
You can't buy anything that can be crafted. And what can be crafted is better than what can be bought through the bazaar.
Please, before you claim and say a statement as bold as "you can't buy anything that can be crafted" you should do a little research before you speak. first of all, You can MOST DEFINAITLY" buy and sell crafted items. For one thing, I have sold some items that I crafted myself. I also saw it in the inventory right after I sold it. Second, You see the little craft symbol next to the items in the bazaar??.. That is an item that has been crafted and sold. So please, do some research.

Defender
Jun 28, 2013
105
Thank You Ravenlady777. You are the only one who gave me an answer that made sense. What I was talking about was 1 item and 1 item only. not any gear, or weapons, rings, snacks ect..
Again, My question was about the grandfather clock. not anything else. The replies I got stretched from better equipment to rare snacks.
The answer from Ravenlady777 was simple and to the point. when You reach level 90 there is not much else to do.

Survivor
Feb 25, 2012
2
well i think the reason people craft is because in the game they get soooooooo so so so so much gold from just selling, robes, gears, hats,etc.And some are really bored so they just want to spend some gold so they craft and after there done they get a nice reward. john thunder thorn in the school of logging off.

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
290
Before certain hoard packs, the Grandfather clock was only available if someone crafted it. There are many pieces of furniture and housing items around that used to be crafted only, but are now included in various hoard packs.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2012
42
The Grandfather clock is also available as a harvest from clockwork plants. Before that, crafting was the only way for it to enter the game. This happens with games expansions, such as new plants or new housing card packs.

Defender
Jun 28, 2013
105
Thank You for all your replies. I joined about a month ago, so I do not know what it was like without all the hoard packs. I can imagine that some members did not agree with the packs. After taking time to craft an item that is now available in the packs can be a little disconcerting. However, regardless I am working on my crafting skills. I do want to craft the train set from the recipe vender in Grizzleheim.