Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why can't storm wizards craft tempest card?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 03, 2008
The new storm clothes to craft in Celestia require the Stormzilla treasure card. In order to craft the Stormzilla card, you need a Tempest treasure card which currently can't be crafted. Why is the storm school the only school that requires a treasure card that can't be crafted to make the new Celestia gear? All the other schools have Celestia gear that can be crafted from treasure cards that they can craft. Is this an oversight or was it intentionally made more difficult for storm wizards to craft Celestia gear? And if so, why?

Defender
May 31, 2010
I sent in the message to KI about that back when Celestia was still in testing phase. Storm is the only school with this problem of not being able to craft the needed cards , Have to find a boss that drops the cards, which is insane imo. Tempest is also needed to craft storm's windstorm tc too.

I agree with you 100% . Its just wrong to make crafting gear just about impossible for storm wizards. I hope you send and email to KI , they certainly didnt listen to me , Guess its going to take several emails before they change it.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
In case you two haven't noticed, it is impossible for any Wizard to Craft an X Rank Spell, due no doubt to their monumental power capabilities.

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
That Tempest is a great clean up spell. Wish Death would have gotten something like that instead of Skeletal Pipwait.

Defender
May 31, 2010
FoxFyr wrote:
In case you two haven't noticed, it is impossible for any Wizard to Craft an X Rank Spell, due no doubt to their monumental power capabilities.

Not a matter of being able to craft an X spell. Its about KI putting in a treasure card requirement to craft gear with, a card that can not be crafted. They need to change the requirement to a card that can be crafted.

Storm has 13 craftable cards ( 2 of which can not be crafted from other cards because tempest is required to make them)

Ideally they should change the tempest tc requirement in the gear, windstorm tc, and stormzilla tc card to a kraken tc.

Storm is the ONLY school which has gear and treasure card requirements, that call for a card that can NOT be crafted.

I don't have my storm wiz to legendary yet, but I can certainly understand the frustration from after becoming a grandmaster artisan , (with stone blocks) to look for your new gear recipes, only to find they ask for a card that can only be found by a drop. and needing to search out and find a boss that will drop you that card. Times like that would convince most wizards to close the game, and look for another one.

There can be enough tension for crafters when they are searching for someone to trade them cards so they can craft something they really want for their castle. But KI is asking them to come up with a card that they can not craft or trade for. Just not right for when crafting gear,

Survivor
Aug 05, 2009
FoxFyr wrote:

In case you haven't noticed, their point is valid. Storm is the only school that cant craft all their card requirements. All the other schools have x pip noncraftable tc's but none of them are required to craft other cards or items.

Survivor
Aug 05, 2009
MsSandy121 wrote:

But KI is asking them to come up with a card that they can not craft or trade for. Just not right for when crafting gear,

Actually you can trade tempest or buy it at the bazaar. But i do agree that if its a crafting requirement for storm gear/cards then it should be a craftable card. Unfortunately, Tempest in the Bazaar is 1950 gold per card when its even available. So that adds a major extra expense on a storm crafter that needs it that other school crafters dont have.