Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Troublesome Crafting? I think so!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 28, 2010
I hate crafting.. I am sorry to say it but I do. Reagents....Time slots...... Craft!! Most crafted gear is either a bazillion levels behind or it takes Ultra Rare reagents to create..... I personally think gardening is sooo much better!

Destiny Waterthief Level 36

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
The Balance Master on Aug 1, 2013 wrote:
I hate crafting.. I am sorry to say it but I do. Reagents....Time slots...... Craft!! Most crafted gear is either a bazillion levels behind or it takes Ultra Rare reagents to create..... I personally think gardening is sooo much better!

Well, the Avalon gear in Dun Dara is good. It is also easy to craft, sunstone is not hard I have almost acquired 50 sunstone via gardening. Also the "rare" reagents can be gotten through gardening (except turquoise). Crafting and Gardening go hand in hand, also gardening and pet training. If you talking about gardening vs. crafting, why the heck do 50% of people garden? to get reagents... to craft!

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
The Balance Master on Aug 1, 2013 wrote:

I think with crafting once you get the "hang" of it it goes easier. I crafted though the Seal of the Seven Seas on my main wizard so I can make the Wintertusk crafted gear because I really don't want to run though WaterWorks a million times. Since I have more then one school wizard I would probably end up only doing WaterWorks instead of actually playing the game for months.

As the game has grown, pets, gardening and crafting do seem to more complicated and not as much "fun" as they used to be. They used to be a side diversion of the game now they seem to be more needed to get by.

I do research about pets, seeds and craft items before I even attempt to put time into them because I do still treat this as a casual side to the game and don't want to make it my main focus.

Explorer
Dec 02, 2010
Wizgamer105 on Sep 5, 2013 wrote:
Well, the Avalon gear in Dun Dara is good. It is also easy to craft, sunstone is not hard I have almost acquired 50 sunstone via gardening. Also the "rare" reagents can be gotten through gardening (except turquoise). Crafting and Gardening go hand in hand, also gardening and pet training. If you talking about gardening vs. crafting, why the heck do 50% of people garden? to get reagents... to craft!
Quoted for truth.

Also, people garden to hoard tons of mega snacks. I know that Prickly Bear Cactus, Couch Potato, Grapes of Wrath, and even Maelstron Snap Dragon are favorite seeds among many hardcore gardeners for mega snacks.

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
To each their own, I do both but prefer crafting for general challenge of getting the ingredients and specific goal. I've crafted many items including all three craftable houses. I use gardening for resources seems more hit or miss in my experience.