Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Triton treasure card?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
for those of us who are trying to do the crafted wt robe for storm (ice, balance), any luck yet?
i tried someones suggestion to buy the crown cards- bought one of each pack- sheez NOTHING good there and i CANNOT afford to spend crowns like that and besides it is NOT right that these 3 schools would involve crown cost when others do not, lol best one is death - buy or you probably have the dang cards free, same with myth

i bought the recipe and made the life cards, bought and still making the fires (they need more than life)

WHY is there such a difference KI in how this works for the crafted WT robes and hats (i NOT even LOOKING for boots at this rate) ???

i mean this is just too illogical, one too easy, one very easy, 2 just take time, and 3 impossible?

we shouldnt have to go to the hardest (and great) new dungeon to try and win new clothes,not all of us can get waterworks done either, i have tried twice, better be with teams who can finish cause 2 people cannot - i have tried twice so far, later i will try again but for now i still have 10 wizards to finish WT , and one to finish off CL

BUT anyway, waterworks DOES NOT answer the crafting problem of inequality of recipes between the schools.

thanks

kira of many legends

Survivor
Sep 24, 2010
I already have the lvl 60 SkyScream Robe from WaterWorks. I like the stats better on the WT crafted one for storm!

I just harvested my Magma Peas and got 1 Triton Treasure Card. In 14 hours, I can do it again. Then the robe is mine! :D

I did try to craft the cards too, and as another poster said, they are not recognized as being in your possession when it comes to crafting the robe.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
i tried casting giant on my triton. got a card with the proper specs :) and it still doesn't recognize it for the recipe. :( VERY frustrating! Has anybody figured out how to get this card? I would think that enchanting it should work.

Explorer
Dec 10, 2009
solved the problem of the clothes for ice and storm- we went to waterworks and won them ! also , it seems my new account (i get to use 3) each won a hydra card in crab alley, my crafter went and did it, so i got the 4 hydra needed to make a robe for balance (she won hat & boots in waterworks), fire on one account still making phoenix cards for the other fire to have the hat (he made enough for the robe already after his were done)

gardening- lol NO gaurantees on cards there lol - my friend gave up and went to waterworks

so yes- KI has made life unfair for storm and ice BUT THEY FIND A WAY !! lol

have fun people

keira of many legends and the kestrels

Survivor
Jun 03, 2009
Why does it feel like storm always gets the short end of the stick? Yippie we get a little more damage so that means we get everything harder then it should be.

Defender
Apr 01, 2011
quets9 wrote:
Where do you get the triton treasures? I need 4 from my Wt crafting and I cant find them at the storm tree Torence. Is it a drop and from which boss?

the maelstorm snap dragons drop tritons. i think evil magma peas have a better drop rate but i not certain. still testing.

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
omabarbaragail wrote:
Aritako wrote:
You can also get Triton treasure cards as gardening drops from Maelstrom Snap Dragons. The snap dragons are drops from creatures in Celestia and Dragonspyre.

I have had Maelstrom Snap Dragons in my garden since I was able to. I do not recall ever having recieved a Triton treasure card. If this or waterworks is the only way I can get the card then crafting storm gear is impossible.

I just grew (10) Maelstrom Snap Dragons and received a total of (2) Triton cards at elder.

Explorer
May 12, 2010
Evil Magma Peas are the best, they drop all kinds of good treasure cards, like the Triton, and a mega snack!

I have like over 40 triton treasure cards! Not sure if they will let me sell them, but I will gladly sell some! Make me an offer!

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
I am not happy at all with being made to spend crowns in order to craft gear. The whole point of crafting is supposed to be working to make some good gear that rivals what people that spend crowns get. Let's face it, I know that KI is a business and that the main objective of a business is to make a profit, but this is just kind of underhanded if you ask me. Trying to force people that are trying to craft instead of spending crowns to spend crowns. I bought 6 Bartleby packs and didn't get a single Triton. And I'm not going to buy any more. I tried that route with the Dragon Hoard packs trying to get a skeletal dragon mount and I'm embarassed at the amount of crowns I spent just trying to get one. I will not waste my money anymore. I enjoy working to craft things even when it's difficult, but this is next to impossible. Come on KI, please give us a break here! If you make it required, put it in our school trees or with another vendor in the spiral somewhere! PLEASE!

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
haileysmama2004 wrote:
I am not happy at all with being made to spend crowns in order to craft gear. The whole point of crafting is supposed to be working to make some good gear that rivals what people that spend crowns get.

IDK if that is an accurate reason for crafting but I can give you a few more suggestions for obatining the Triton cards.

First, they do occasionally show up at the Bazaar so if you have the patience you can hang out there during peak playing times and try to buy them.

Second, you can trade treasure cards with other wizards. Ask you friends or go around the crowded areas and offer to trade cards with other wizards. For the right price another wizard, even a Legendary storm like myself would part with a Triton card. If you have Elucidate or simplify treasure cards, or valuable cards like Blades you can probably broker a trade.

Third, there is a Treasure Card trading forum at Wizard101central.com where lots of players trade cards of all types and arrange in game meetups for exchanging cards. They primarily deal with "Forum Gold" for exchanges, but you can also negotiate for straight card trades or another method of compensation.

Forth, you can plant and garden for treasure cards. This takes time and a little bit of luck but it is available.

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
hp1055cm wrote:
Second, you can trade treasure cards with other wizards. Ask you friends or go around the crowded areas and offer to trade cards with other wizards. For the right price another wizard, even a Legendary storm like myself would part with a Triton card. If you have Elucidate or simplify treasure cards, or valuable cards like Blades you can probably broker a trade.

I've tried this. So far the two people I've found that claim to have them either want crown stuff or need them for the same reason and won't trade.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2008
Survivor
Jan 26, 2009
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
052541savanah wrote:
Why craft the robe? The storm robe at waterworks is better and does'nt include any crafting. This depends on luck! My friends says to get this robe you have to be first on the last boss and have to do the most damage. Good luck! :D

not everyone can get into waterworks and the robes are hard to get. Some people give up.

and I've gotten the robe on my storm without being first in and without being the one to do the most damage.

just an fyi.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
Maelstron snapdragons are a poor source for Triton. I have grown lots and got none. I haven't gotten any from the magma peas yet either. :(

KI, can you please resolve this? Weeks of gardening and haunting the bazaar is ruining the fun of getting WT gear.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
tejawiga wrote:
Maelstron snapdragons are a poor source for Triton. I have grown lots and got none. I haven't gotten any from the magma peas yet either. :(

That's because the card is dropped from Evil Magma Peas, not Maelstrom Snapdragons.

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
Evil Magma Peas have produced none so far. I just planted another bunch of them. Thanks for the info about the Maelstrom Snapdragons.

Defender
Sep 18, 2009
It is correct that you CAN get Triton treasure cards from Maelstrom Snap Dragons, but ONLY at Elder. Which takes like a week or so? From 19 elder harvests, I got 3 Triton cards. Since you are limited by energy to how many snap dragons you can care for at a time, that could easily take a month.

You can also get them more reliably from the Magma peas, but they are crowns only, and I have found no other plants or mobs that drop them, and since Magma peas do not reliably reseed (provide a seed of themselves), you are, in essence, spending 1250 crowns for a -chance- to get a Triton card.

As for those who say to do Waterworks to get them, you are forgetting that the majority of players are going solo, and may not have 3 friends who want to run through Water works repeatedly until YOU get what YOU want.

None of my friends play anymore, so with 4 legendaries, I have not once completed Waterworks. Level 60 gear just isn't going to happen for me, so crafting is the next best thing for those like me.

Explorer
Feb 19, 2011
A poster on Wizard101 central says that KI suuport told him the diffculty of getting Triton treasure cards is an unintended effect of an update and they're working on fixing it. That was back in May, though.