Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Treetop Getaway

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 25, 2011
Aw man! It's been forever since I posted up here! I was a level 29 wondering how to draw from my deck... Good times.

Okay, so I've been collecting reagents to craft the Treetop Getaway. I just have a few questions:
1.) How long did it take you fellow crafters to make this house (gathering and whatnot)?
2.) How long did it take you to get 40 Colossus, 184 Agave Leaves, and 2 Amber? And how did you? (I garden a lot, but I'm not in Azteca yet. I just got to Avalon.)
3.) Do you have any tips on how to collect faster?
4.) How do you navigate that house? I tried, but I got turned around. Is there a video of a complete walk through somewhere? I tried looking.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Don't be afraid to find me in the spiral. Post a time, place, and realm and I'll farm with you gladly!

--Destiny Hawkcatcher, Level 78 Life Theurgist

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Colossus TC can be bought from TC venders, so it's only gold. Amber you can garden King Parsley for it or farm for it. Shane in Avalon sells a transmute for Amber and the ingredients drop regularly in Mirror Lake and many Avalon bosses. The Agave Leaves you really need access to Azteca. There are places in Mangrove Marsh, Alto Alto and Cloud Forest where they spawn regularly, so you can realm hop and collect a lot of them in a relatively short time. It's tedious, but not difficult. Much like collecting Stone in Dragonspyre or Avalon.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2011
Thanks for the help.

The only problem is (I looked it up) the colossal treasure card can't be auctioned, so I can't buy it. It also looks like I can't craft it either. I can't find a recipe for the card.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Destiny HawkCatche... on Jun 27, 2016 wrote:
Thanks for the help.

The only problem is (I looked it up) the colossal treasure card can't be auctioned, so I can't buy it. It also looks like I can't craft it either. I can't find a recipe for the card.
The recipe uses Colossus treasure cards, not Colossal. The 10 Dino Pillars each use 4 Colossus TC and you can buy those for 1200 gold from the TC vendors from Celestia up. The Bazaar had 70 available for 540 each when I just checked. Colossal is too rare a drop to expect anyone to collect 40.

Defender
Jun 15, 2013
Be sure to farm Ultra King Parsley. I'm currently trying to make the Treetop Getaway too, and I've learned that you'll get more amber more often with the ultra version than regular version.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
"Okay, so I've been collecting reagents to craft the Treetop Getaway. I just have a few questions."

1.) How long did it take you fellow crafters to make this house (gathering and whatnot)?
On a different account, I started a Fire wizard with the plan for her to craft the Watchtower Hall (Grizzleheim house) by the time she reached Legendary status (level 60). I started her in February and completed the whole project in April. Much of that time was spent questing & leveling her up.

2.) How long did it take you to get 40 Colossus, 184 Agave Leaves, and 2 Amber? And how did you? (I garden a lot, but I'm not in Azteca yet. I just got to Avalon.)
Two months. It took a long time to gather different reagents, but I did this back in 2011 when there were fewer crafting slots, and no gardening options to speed things up. Also I had to level up and achieve Master Artisan while working on the Watchtower project.

3.) Do you have any tips on how to collect faster?
Make a list of every recipe and calculate how much of every ingredient you'll need. Keep track of what you've bought, won, collected and crafted as you work through it. I had a notebook next to my computer where I marked tasks off as I completed them. I had to craft 30 board planks or something like that and started doing that while still in Wizard City.
(Of course, I was also completing crafting quests at the same time whereas you won't have to worry about that. )
For gathering reagents, pick a good spawning location, put on some music and just go 'zen' while you run around collecting and hopping realms. Give it 30-60 minutes a night - you should gather what you need within a few nights.

4.) How do you navigate that house? I tried, but I got turned around. Is there a video of a complete walk through somewhere? I tried looking.
Can't help you with that one, LOL!

Good luck on crafting the Treetop Getaway!
Alia Misthaven
Rowen Ashcloud
(Crafted the Watchtower Hall)