Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Too Expensive

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 20, 2011
Does anyone else think that crafting is too expensive? first you have to buy the recipe then you have to buy alllllll of the expensive items you need to craft with (i say buy because who is really going to spend hours getting all the rare items) and honestly the equipment is not with the expenses and the time it takes to get them. Is there anyway to make it easier?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
What expensive items are you talking about? Most of the regents are just collected in the course of gameplay. Some we have to farm for in battle. I honestly can't think of any expensive things that I've had to buy for a recipe. If it's not worth your time and effort to get them, it's pretty simple, DON'T. Crafting gives some pretty powerful gear without requiring any spending of actual money and without dealing with rare random gear drops that Boss Gear farming requires. If they make it any easier they might as well just give it to everyone for doing nothing. You shouldn't get rewards without effort.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
BlasterPrime on Nov 16, 2016 wrote:
Does anyone else think that crafting is too expensive? first you have to buy the recipe then you have to buy alllllll of the expensive items you need to craft with (i say buy because who is really going to spend hours getting all the rare items) and honestly the equipment is not with the expenses and the time it takes to get them. Is there anyway to make it easier?
There was a time that you could not BUY a lot of the reagents in the Bazaar. Those of us that have been here since virtually the beginning of the game of shortly after, have spent hundreds of hours collecting reagents. Diamonds was one of the hardest at the time and the only way to get it was to run around collecting Ore with a rare chance of getting a diamond. Red Mandrake for Blood Moss, Mushrooms for Nightshade, Pearls and Black Lotus for Black Pearls, Stone Blocks for Fossils, Sand Stone for Sun Stone.

All of my wizards still pick up any of those I find during the course of questing. Occasionally, I do buy a few in the Bazaar, but that is usually to reduce my gold level to keep it from maxing out.

If crafting were any easier up through Zafaria, there would be no need to craft. After Zafaria, there is no crafting quest until Azteca and I can guarantee you, that one is the hardest yet. One Item for the quest alone can be the most frustrating to get. Some can and others can't no matter how much they farm and it can't be bought or traded.