Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sonic Spring

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 27, 2010
Ok, its the season of The Five B.O.X.E.S. once again and now all the recipes given by Piper Rose are asking for the reagent sonic spring. There is not much time to do all the location too many times to try to optain this reagent. it seems to be a rare drop and like so many I want to craft about every recipe that Piper has to offer. I want more than one book shelf. I have many houses. I want the fire place and the furniture. But what stops me is this reagent: Sonic Spring. I'm sure you will never see any at the bazaar, so I would like to see regular boss drops after the Five B.O.X.E.S. Is over or possibly a plant that drops it. Why does it have to be a rare drop? We want to craft Piper's recipes, and we want more than one. There must be something that can be done. Maybe there can be a transmute card? I mean at least that. I mean for sonic spring transmute, you can ask, 5 spirngs, 10 stone blocks, and 3 diamonds or something for the recipe.
If anything you can sell this card in Marleybone, Mooshu, or even Avalon. Why can't you do that? I have to have these sonic springs.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Alexis WindSong on Jan 14, 2017 wrote:
Ok, its the season of The Five B.O.X.E.S. once again and now all the recipes given by Piper Rose are asking for the reagent sonic spring. There is not much time to do all the location too many times to try to optain this reagent. it seems to be a rare drop and like so many I want to craft about every recipe that Piper has to offer. I want more than one book shelf. I have many houses. I want the fire place and the furniture. But what stops me is this reagent: Sonic Spring. I'm sure you will never see any at the bazaar, so I would like to see regular boss drops after the Five B.O.X.E.S. Is over or possibly a plant that drops it. Why does it have to be a rare drop? We want to craft Piper's recipes, and we want more than one. There must be something that can be done. Maybe there can be a transmute card? I mean at least that. I mean for sonic spring transmute, you can ask, 5 spirngs, 10 stone blocks, and 3 diamonds or something for the recipe.
If anything you can sell this card in Marleybone, Mooshu, or even Avalon. Why can't you do that? I have to have these sonic springs.
I just run through the Wizard City BOX; in an hour I can do five runs, one of those runs consistently drops a sonic spring.
I've also received a sonic spring as a crown chest reward from the Daily Assignment ( along with other rare reagents. )

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
I farm either the Wizard City or Marleybone box, and usually end up with a few sonic springs. Each recipe only calls for one, so given the Boxes event is here until the 31st, you could get quite a few sonic springs. I'd suggest farming Wizard City for an hour or so. My guess is you will receive at least one. :)

Survivor
Jun 05, 2010
Sonic Spring is a unique drop which can only be used on the recipes that Rose Piper gives which can only be accessed in The Five B.O.X.E.S event, so it seems a bit silly to be able to obtain them outside the event itself when they're useless (unless you've already bought the recipes).

Plus it sets an interesting challenge, I myself am trying to create a mini-library with the Grand Tomb Repositories and I'm almost done (need 6 more!). So I've been farming it a lot, over 100 times which I can tell because I got both the "Bird Beguiler" and "Bird is the word" badges from only farming it. In those 100+ times I've gotten 17 Sonic Springs, from only farming the Olde Town Box, so we can roughly say it's about a 10% chance of obtaining one through each run.

Just get a higher leveled Storm Wizard (mine in level 60 with 95% damage) and spam enchanted tempests to speed it up. Once you get into the swing of things and have something to watch while you're farming to stop you from getting bored, it all become easy. Granted you might not get your Sonic Spring within 10 runs, I had a 5 hour streak of not getting one drop but I kept pushing through and eventually I got them again, I've even had an instance where 2 dropped in the same run.

Just keep at it and keep then end result in your head for motivation, I can already picture my completed library and honestly can't wait to finish it, I'm even gonna start farming again now!