Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Socket Wrenches

2
AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 01, 2011
1
I am a level 52 and I was wondering if there are any critical jewels for my level

Survivor
Jun 07, 2014
1
I have been looking all over the spiral and I can't find it!

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
1127
Since the addition of socket wrenches I'll bet I can count on one hand the number of times I've actually been able to use one. I've long since stopped carrying them around. When you consider the level of the wrench and the level of the gear you want to use it on they very seldom seemed to match so, if I have an item I want to unlock I just bite the bullet and pay the Crowns. When I do happen to get one to drop I just hang it on a wall somewhere and save the inventory spot for something I can actually use.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4163
TucsonWizard on Dec 10, 2015 wrote:
Since the addition of socket wrenches I'll bet I can count on one hand the number of times I've actually been able to use one. I've long since stopped carrying them around. When you consider the level of the wrench and the level of the gear you want to use it on they very seldom seemed to match so, if I have an item I want to unlock I just bite the bullet and pay the Crowns. When I do happen to get one to drop I just hang it on a wall somewhere and save the inventory spot for something I can actually use.
Same, the walls around my jewel table are lined with them. Keys are the same. I just hang them until needed.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
1
Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
3
RaiTaebeck on Apr 22, 2015 wrote:
This might be slightly off topic, but it is connected to the new "Jewel Crafting". Has body found any of these socket wrenches so far, or maybe a recipe to make them?

Edit: spelling corrections.
I have gotten 2 sockets has drops, they were in dungeons, and 1 after fighting a boss with a skelaton key

Survivor
Mar 10, 2012
6
i cannot find a single one and now my backpack is full of jewels!!!!

Survivor
Feb 25, 2009
1
TucsonWizard on Jun 10, 2015 wrote:
Meowiarty might be the only boss in Marleybone that drops a Socket Wrench but he's by no means the only boss that drops them. They're all over the Spiral. I won't provide any spoilers because you can find all the info on the Wiki, but I will say that one of them is a big green pachyderm.
i have farmed that big green pachyderm and all i get is hats. try again. come on wizard101 guys update system.

Survivor
Apr 16, 2016
1
best place I got adept socket wrench's where from the jade oni in mooshu it takes a long time but in about seven hours of farming I got around eight or nine of them also you can get wooden Skelton key! which is used in marley bone in the barkingham palace for the first dungeon.

Defender
Jun 23, 2016
194
Professor Greyrose on Sep 28, 2015 wrote:
Socket wrenches are one time use only. So after you use it, it will disappear.
I have been reading numerous threads and understand some of the concepts around the Socket Wrench. Just not where to either acquire a crafting ability for it or the wrench itself.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4163
Andhanni on Jul 3, 2016 wrote:
I have been reading numerous threads and understand some of the concepts around the Socket Wrench. Just not where to either acquire a crafting ability for it or the wrench itself.
There is no crafting involved. All the Socket Wrenches do is unlock the sockets of an item so you can affix jewels to that item without having to pay the 150 crown fee to unlock them. The higher level the item with sockets, the higher level the wrench needed to unlock it. The wrenches drop from end of world bosses, Skeleton Key and Housing Instance Challenge bosses.

  • Novice = Krokopatra & Meowiarty
  • Adept = Mika Skarka & Jade Oni
  • Expert = Tse-tse Snaketail
  • Master = Pendragon & Malistaire the Undying
  • Artisan = Morganthe

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
247
Survivor
Jan 19, 2011
4
I can't seem to get any of the wrenches either. I have farmed so many bosses but can't seem to get one

Survivor
Sep 17, 2011
18
Socket wrench drop rates are insane, they are way to rare in my opinion and i think the drop rates should be increased or socket wrenches should be made craftable. Not everyone has the means to buy crowns or hours and hours to farm for socket wrenches. Some of us have real lives and are poor. Please consider increasing drop rate for wrenches or even better yet making it so you can craft them or maybe both. Please.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4163
Covenator1162 on Sep 18, 2016 wrote:
Socket wrench drop rates are insane, they are way to rare in my opinion and i think the drop rates should be increased or socket wrenches should be made craftable. Not everyone has the means to buy crowns or hours and hours to farm for socket wrenches. Some of us have real lives and are poor. Please consider increasing drop rate for wrenches or even better yet making it so you can craft them or maybe both. Please.
It takes maybe 15 minutes a day to do trivia on freekigames.com to get 100 crowns. The most expensive sockets cost 150 crowns to unlock. It's not even worth wasting time to farm for wrenches when it's guaranteed for free just by spending 15 minutes on trivia.

A+ Student
Jan 18, 2010
1826
RaiTaebeck on Apr 22, 2015 wrote:
This might be slightly off topic, but it is connected to the new "Jewel Crafting". Has body found any of these socket wrenches so far, or maybe a recipe to make them?

Edit: spelling corrections.
These wrenches must be the most difficult or if not, one of the most difficult items to get in the game.

Has anyone has gotten any luck post update? I:


Survivor
Dec 27, 2016
1
zechsy on Apr 22, 2015 wrote:
you have to pay 75 crowns to unlock socket wrence
Man that sucks. Why they got to do that

2