Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

So Let Me Get This Straight.....

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 23, 2019
I have to farm 450 ore, to get 30 diamonds, so that I can get the Master Artisan Badge, so that I can craft wintertusk gear? Lmao! Nah, that's ridiculous. You can't be for real. What's that? Like a week of farming? Yeah.... I'll just farm waterworks with my level 30 gear before I'll do that tedious and mind numbingly boring nonsense.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Reaching Master Artisan isn't purely of value for crafting Wintertusk gear, it opens up a lot of recipes and most of all it's essential to progress in crafting.

I'm not sure why you're suggesting the only option is to farm for ore, rather than just farming for diamonds, but even going down that route you can run around the Cave of Solitude and pick them up pretty fast. Each diamond you get knocks 15 off your transmute total of 450. Ore and diamonds are also available in the bazaar if you're willing to spend a little while refreshing to get them as they come in.

You can easily get diamonds by gardening king parsley (also good for amber and they drop extra seeds as well as guaranteeing their seed at elder), deadly helephant ears (also good for vines, sunstone, mega snacks and ultra helephant seeds, plus a ton of good price tc)...if you don't have those you can use fickle pickle, frozen flytrap or burning snapdragon (all available from the bazaar).

Gardening is a very easy way to accummulate resources with little effort. Once it's set up you can simply pop by each day (or when you usually play - daily is not necessary) for drops.

There are also quests that grant diamonds, bosses who drop them, interactive housing drops and fishing chests...all additional ways to get to the 30 target, with bosses being repeatable/farmable and giving other useful drops.

Here is the page for diamonds so you can see exactly where they can be found.

I hope this helps and you're a master artisan soon

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Notoriuser on Apr 6, 2019 wrote:
I have to farm 450 ore, to get 30 diamonds, so that I can get the Master Artisan Badge, so that I can craft wintertusk gear? Lmao! Nah, that's ridiculous. You can't be for real. What's that? Like a week of farming? Yeah.... I'll just farm waterworks with my level 30 gear before I'll do that tedious and mind numbingly boring nonsense.
This is the process in just about every RPG game that has crafting.

Explorer
Mar 28, 2019
Oran of Urz on Apr 10, 2019 wrote:
This is the process in just about every RPG game that has crafting.
At least farming in other RPG games for crafting materials tends to involve more combat than blindly running around and hoping some greedy scalper hasnt already snatched up all the reagents on the realm

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Tefnut0fHoney on Apr 17, 2019 wrote:
At least farming in other RPG games for crafting materials tends to involve more combat than blindly running around and hoping some greedy scalper hasnt already snatched up all the reagents on the realm
"Greedy Scalper" or someone trying to get the reagents to craft just like you? And even if they are just selling them to the bazaar - that makes it easier for the rest of us ( although expensive ).
I've sold my share of reagents for the extra gold needed for any item ( even a mount ).

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
anecorbie on Apr 17, 2019 wrote:
"Greedy Scalper" or someone trying to get the reagents to craft just like you? And even if they are just selling them to the bazaar - that makes it easier for the rest of us ( although expensive ).
I've sold my share of reagents for the extra gold needed for any item ( even a mount ).
My thoughts exactly, it's ironic that someone 'blindly running around' would refer to someone else as 'some greedy scalper' for getting there first!

Collectable reagents on the ground replenish themselves quite promptly and there is nothing wrong with anyone scouring the realm to obtain them then changing realm for more - we actually recommend this for anyone searching for specific reagents!

Just like the bazaar, if someone else gets there first they were there first. There is nothing greedy about it or unkind or selfish...everyone has their goal and if they happen to get there just before we do, it's not personal or greedy, they're just reaching a goal too. Maybe give them some space so they can achieve their goal, then try to farm the same location or for the same things in the bazaar once they're done!

Survivor
Aug 22, 2016
Notoriuser on Apr 6, 2019 wrote:
Just came back to the game after months of not playing today. Never crafted Wintertusk gear, even though people recommended it to me. You don't HAVE to do it, but the gear is good and the badge also allows you to craft more than JUST that armour.