Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Slow but Steady....

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 03, 2009
I don't mind having to go out of my way to pick up Black Lotus and Pearls, hoping to get the "rare" drop as well, but for a while now, many (about 8 times out of 10) I only get a single, common, reagent. So that means no Black Pearls or Golden Pearls for me. I would really like to know why I get so few, considering the later crafting quests demand many rare reagents, and also, why Sandstone and Sunstone cannot be harvested. I think 1,000 Stone Blocks is a bit *too* demanding.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
ozzyrocker412 wrote:
I don't mind having to go out of my way to pick up Black Lotus and Pearls, hoping to get the "rare" drop as well, but for a while now, many (about 8 times out of 10) I only get a single, common, reagent. So that means no Black Pearls or Golden Pearls for me. I would really like to know why I get so few, considering the later crafting quests demand many rare reagents, and also, why Sandstone and Sunstone cannot be harvested. I think 1,000 Stone Blocks is a bit *too* demanding.

Pearls and golden pearls are quite easy to farm for in huge numbers if you figure out where to look for them (I can farm around 3 golden pearls and 20 regular pearls in around fifteen minutes time, making the farming of such regeants way faster and easier than farming black lotus and black pearls).

As to sunstone, sandstone, and stone blocks I've given up on those myself. Then again, I've finished the island crafting quest on two of my characters and have crafted the best rings and athames and equipment already. Though I must admit that it would have been an almost impossible chore if I hadn't first played on the practice realm and maxed out stone blocks on all my characters before Celestia went live.

Defender
Aug 03, 2009
Lucky you, I didn't expect such a large order for a single necklace. And I wouldn't mind one of those "Seal of 7 Seas" in my bag. But the Pearls aren't too much of a problem, every realm seems to have a few realtively close to eachother in the spot I check, they just dont give me the Gold Pearls.

Explorer
Jan 11, 2010
Yes, it is hard to find stone block now. I am transmuting sandstone out of stone block, which in turn I transmute into sunstone.
All my regular hunting grounds for stone block are always empty and picked over when I try to find them. I even started looking at 5 am this morning, and it was empty and picked over. :-(
So many people working on thier GM artist quest at one time I guess.
So yes, slow but steady. It may take me a long time to collect all the stone blocks I need, but I will get it done.

Defender
Aug 03, 2009
fortunately, there is nothing really standing out for GM Artisan that make me say, "I NEED THIS." I wanted it mostly for the satisfaction, but also for that Triton necklace for my brother's second wizard. Thankfully, he is in WC still with his Diviner, and doesn't go on a whole lot so I have plenty of time.