Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Scrap Iron?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 13, 2010
29
Well I really need scrap iron for the crafting quest in Marleybone so I was wondering where are the best places to find it? Or if there are any plants that give scrap iron when they are harvested. Please reply I kinda wanna get this quest done already lol but I can wait.

Anthony Lifeheart
Level 48 Master Theurgist
Go Green!!!

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
235
Check areas around the transporters in each area of Marleybone. Also the outer loop of Regent's Square has numerous spawn points for scrap iron. If you have a wizard with access to Hrundle Fjord there is a good bit of scrap iron there as well.

If you want to garden for scrap iron, some of your best sources are Evil Magma Peas, Helephant Ears, and Burning Snap Dragons. There are other plants as well.

A final source is of course the bazaar. I see it pretty regularly there.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2010
29
Aritako wrote:
Check areas around the transporters in each area of Marleybone. Also the outer loop of Regent's Square has numerous spawn points for scrap iron. If you have a wizard with access to Hrundle Fjord there is a good bit of scrap iron there as well.

If you want to garden for scrap iron, some of your best sources are Evil Magma Peas, Helephant Ears, and Burning Snap Dragons. There are other plants as well.

A final source is of course the bazaar. I see it pretty regularly there.


Oh okay so it's Magma Peas Helephant Ears and Snap Dragons, got it thanks so much for your help! Here's a cookie! :D

Anthony Lifeheart
Level 48 Master Theurgist
Go Green!!!

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
506
It has been awhile since I have needed scrap iron. I know that a green flytrap plant drops it occasionally. I just can't remember if it is the regular flytrap or the deadly flytrap...

Survivor
Jul 16, 2010
34
zebulous wrote:
It has been awhile since I have needed scrap iron. I know that a green flytrap plant drops it occasionally. I just can't remember if it is the regular flytrap or the deadly flytrap...
If you said green Fly trap,thats the regular one!

Defender
Nov 05, 2011
127
I'm way too lazy to go out to Marleybone and just spend hours on end looking for 32 pieces of Scrap Iron (That's the number you need) and I've seen one or two piles here and there but overall, not much.

I think KI should increase the amount of reagents in MB 'cause i really want to be able to craft higher level gear.

And by the way, Venus Fly trap drops scrap iron and you can buy the seed in MooShu.

Jasmine IceBringer.
Now, where did my banana go? Hmm...

Explorer
Jan 17, 2012
74
Explorer
Feb 19, 2011
65
Survivor
Jun 22, 2011
35
I find lots of Scrap Iron in the Counterweight East and Counterweight West. Then I would switch realms and do it all over again. Happy crafting!

Aaron WinterRiver
Transcended Thaumaturge

Post Script: Your going to have a hard time being a crafter if you don't go out and collect them!

Survivor
Feb 14, 2012
20
bookmark11 wrote:
Well I really need scrap iron for the crafting quest in Marleybone so I was wondering where are the best places to find it? Or if there are any plants that give scrap iron when they are harvested. Please reply I kinda wanna get this quest done already lol but I can wait.

Anthony Lifeheart
Level 48 Master Theurgist
Go Green!!!


Yes, I had that problem, too.

When I got the task for Initiate Crafter I only had five Scrap Irons, and ad no idea how I got them.

Two days ago, I complained to a friend, and he, of course, who was probably maxxed in crafting, said you could buy Scrap Iron at the Bazaar.

I was amazed. At first, I saw no Scrap iron, but that friend told my to keep trying.

After trying hard, I got from 8 to 31 Scrap Iron in maybe fifteen minutes.

But when I went, after I got 31, I found no Scrap Iron at the Bazaar.

I told a different friend how I needed just one more Scrap Iron to get to Initiate Crafter, and I followed her to the green telporter in Chelsea Court marked with a pawprint. She told me to go into the teleporter, and when i did, I saw the Scrap Iron right across the street, and I grabbed it and said thank you.

Take note:
-You can get Scrap Iron at the Bazaar. -Look through the green telporter marked with on Chelsea Court.

Blaze WinterBlossom, Level 42 Balance

Thanks to Jack, Level 70 Storm for finding Scrap Iron at the Bazaar and to Alia FrostSinger, Level 70 Ice for going through the green teleporter :D