Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Scrap Iron

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
1
Ok, I have spent days running all over Marleybone for scrap iron. I am lvl 45 and am stuck on the second crafting quest. Why would it be this hard to find? I may not renew my subscription simply because of the frustration this has caused. I have read the posts about this and nothing has worked. Does anyone know anything new concerning this?

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
1708
carly001 wrote:
Ok, I have spent days running all over Marleybone for scrap iron. I am lvl 45 and am stuck on the second crafting quest. Why would it be this hard to find? I may not renew my subscription simply because of the frustration this has caused. I have read the posts about this and nothing has worked. Does anyone know anything new concerning this?

There are several good posts on this, but last time I went looking for scrape iron, I got all 32 pieces in under an hour.

1) Do NOT spend days, do it at night after the majority of players are logged off, or do it early in the morning.

2) Do NOT run around. Stay at one location and shift realms. My suggestion: Go to Chelsea Ct. and take the first right. You will end un in a square area with four skylights. Look behind the four skylights. There are three spawn sites there.

Again, I did this 8 days ago at 10 pm my time, starting at Bartleby and finished at Wu realms, getting all my scrap iron under an hour.

Survivor
Jan 02, 2009
39
Whenever I need to get a rare Regeant such as Scrap Iron, since I know all the other 'Reagent hunters' go to the Perfect Realms, I go to a Crowded Realm to outsmart them. And believe it or not, this works for me. Scrap Iron can be found outside boss warehouses. I mostly find it in the first right in Chelsea Court. I hope this helps you. :P

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
41
MABorth wrote:
Whenever I need to get a rare Regeant such as Scrap Iron, since I know all the other 'Reagent hunters' go to the Perfect Realms, I go to a Crowded Realm to outsmart them. And believe it or not, this works for me. Scrap Iron can be found outside boss warehouses. I mostly find it in the first right in Chelsea Court. I hope this helps you. :P

ya its practically empty and I only came across two realms that are empty. I am only waiting for the cooldown time to finish the quest. FIRST RIGHT, CHEALSE COURT ROCKS! :)

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
889
Knights court. I got all scrap iron for all i needed in about 3 days. Knights court-teleporter boss tower entrances.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2009
44
carly001 wrote:
Ok, I have spent days running all over Marleybone for scrap iron. I am lvl 45 and am stuck on the second crafting quest. Why would it be this hard to find? I may not renew my subscription simply because of the frustration this has caused. I have read the posts about this and nothing has worked. Does anyone know anything new concerning this?




lol well the USUALLY where i find most scrap iron is by timmy icepick. if you dont find it on your realm you can just change them and you might find a lot. i got like 2 pieces there :-) . i also go to the top of counterweight west/east by the boss, though it takes long to get there, so i prefer going to timmy icepick :)

Hero
May 27, 2009
757
Scrap Iron can be really tough to see until you know exactly what it looks like in place. They tuck it behind things and up against walls, so it blends in with the background. My best locations are in Newgate Prison - for some reason I get a higher percentage of Springs there as well. Take the transporters to the Green and Blue endpoints, and check all the corners.

Survivor
Jul 14, 2008
2
It's really easy with the teleporting system to find scrap iron. All you do is go to the teleporting stones in Chesla Court. Then keep teleporting between the stones while switching realms. Do this for about an hour and you will have more than enough scrap iron. 8)

-Bo2u1

Survivor
Oct 31, 2009
28
Willowdreamer wrote:
Scrap Iron can be really tough to see until you know exactly what it looks like in place. They tuck it behind things and up against walls, so it blends in with the background. My best locations are in Newgate Prison - for some reason I get a higher percentage of Springs there as well. Take the transporters to the Green and Blue endpoints, and check all the corners.


Once while searching for scrap iron, I found one behind a crate in Chelsea Court but the only way I found it was by the 'sparkles' raising from it. So keep your eyes peeled and look out.

Some of my friends mistake it for mist wood and therefore start to struggle with the quest.

~Jacob Ghostwhisper level 35 Magus Thaumaturge~
See ya in the spiral!

Survivor
Feb 09, 2009
5
carly001 wrote:
Ok, I have spent days running all over Marleybone for scrap iron. I am lvl 45 and am stuck on the second crafting quest. Why would it be this hard to find? I may not renew my subscription simply because of the frustration this has caused. I have read the posts about this and nothing has worked. Does anyone know anything new concerning this?


No no NO! What are you guys doing running around!?!?! I'm a level 50 Grand Necromancer and had the SAME problem lol. But I figured out if you go to Bernie, the fifth realm, and visit Bazaar. Open up the regents section and buy the scrap iron for 45 gold a piece BUT it is a player run shop so whenever it IS instock there are only like 2 pieces SO, open the section buy, close the section, wait five seconds, and repeat untill you have all of your pieces. Sure its costly but only takes 10 minuets! Hope this helped!

Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
4
There are several good posts on this, but last time I went looking for scrape iron, I got all 32 pieces in under an hour.

1) Do NOT spend days, do it at night after the majority of players are logged off, or do it early in the morning.

2) Do NOT run around. Stay at one location and shift realms. My suggestion: Go to Chelsea Ct. and take the first right. You will end un in a square area with four skylights. Look behind the four skylights. There are three spawn sites there.

Again, I did this 8 days ago at 10 pm my time, starting at Bartleby and finished at Wu realms, getting all my scrap iron under an hour.


All I gotta say is this was the most helpful thing I saw on here, bravo. I'm getting it like seaweed from an ocean now.