Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reagent Updates

AuthorMessage
Moderator
Bulk Selling
Say goodbye to the woe of buying and selling individual reagents. Reagents can now be purchased and sold in bulk at the Bazaar and Reagent Vendors!

Reagents in the Shared Bank
Hurray! Reagents can now be placed in your Shared Bank! These Reagents are under the 'Cards' tab.


I'm so sorry young Wizards, I made a mistake and typed too quickly. Reagents do take up space in your Shared Bank and have their own limit of 999 of each type.

I apologize for the miscommunication!

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Hero
May 27, 2009
757
Champion
Apr 18, 2010
403
i dont see this as a major improvment, but what does sell in bulk mean, like sell everything all together?????

Defender
May 02, 2010
110
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
i dont see this as a major improvment, but what does sell in bulk mean, like sell everything all together?????


It means you can sell more than one reagent at the same time, say you want 20 Ores, you can choosethe amount you want then sell instead of repeatedly clicking sell.

Defender
Jun 29, 2009
165
Prospector Zeke wrote:
Bulk Selling
Say goodbye to the woe of buying and selling individual reagents. Reagents can now be purchased and sold in bulk at the Bazaar and Reagent Vendors!

Reagents in the Shared Bank
Hurray! Reagents can now be placed in your Shared Bank! These Reagents are under the 'Cards' tab. They do not count towards your total items in the Shared Bank, but have their own limit of 999 of each type.
This has to be one of the sweetest changes to the game. Making 30 Frosted Drake Cereals in ONE day required 330 clicks to purchase just the coal. That was drudgery at its WORST. Smooches to the wonderful staff for this great idea and improvement to the game!

Explorer
Jan 11, 2010
67
Great :) I am so glad for the updates. Crafting is hard enough, and it was very time consuming hanging out in the bazaar for hours clicking on reagents one by one to try and get what you need.
I think more people will enjoy crafting now :)

Kimberly SpiritBreeze~GrandMaster Balance and Master Artisan

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
335
Um I'm trying to do the final crafting quest in DS and am stuck on making the crimsome book stands.

I am not sure why the reagents had to include three very rare reagents: Blood Moss (i don't even know where to find this) Black Pearl and Nightshade.

For those of you who are going to say that I can transmute these reagents please spare me the lecture. I need black lotus to transmute black pearl and black lotus us just as hard to get as anything else. I could transmute black lotus too but I need ore and everybody is after those, so it's a never ending cycle.

I think the bazaar needs to be updated with reagents every month or so. I find that you can craft way better gear than what is dropped by some of the bosses and I intend to complete all my crafting quest but if it's gonna take me a whole year and a half just to be master Artisan, I don't think that is reasonable. Reagents need to be more available.

I \t took forever to get 15 black lotus is tatakai outpost in moosshu and i tried Cave of solitude same results. They need to respwan quicker and they need to be on the realms when you check.

I need to be master artisan so I can craft my level 55 gear :-)

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
12
Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
335
jhsbear1 wrote:
Niko, try Kishibe Village for the Black Lotus.


thanks I'll check that out right away.

Luckily we can share reagents among wizards or i'd be stuck on this quest. The bazaar is a madhouse lol. The Blood Moss and Black pearl go as fast as they come. I'm not even sure who ni their right mind is selling those stuff. But it works for me :)

Survivor
Jun 13, 2010
7
Just went Master Artisan last night - so now I can reveal my tricks lol. For the bloodmoss I rarely actually got bloodmoss but when I did it was due to a route I developed for mandrake on Fircat alley in WC. I picked this up from a thread somewhere else so H/T to whoever that was. A second source was going to haunted cave off triton in WC - not as many but fun as you jump in a fight with noobs each realm and surprise them with rebirth or some such spell. Run the route, change realm, and repeat. For the Black Pearl once again I rarely actually got a pearl - I made most of them. To get Lotus I ran a route through the tombs in Ancient burial grounds. The other thing I did was port to lower wizards still in Mooshu and offer to help if they let me grab lotus. Other than that I spent tons of money in bazaar buying mushrooms and mist wood. Here is where I tie into this thread - priase be to whoever added the bulk buy option, it is the only way this would work. Go at end of day when all the lower level wizards are cashing in on there days adventures.
My understanding of the bazaar is it only has what others sell to it - like an exchange.

Defender
Feb 28, 2010
115
NicoUzumaki wrote:
Um I'm trying to do the final crafting quest in DS and am stuck on making the crimsome book stands.

I am not sure why the reagents had to include three very rare reagents: Blood Moss (i don't even know where to find this) Black Pearl and Nightshade.

For those of you who are going to say that I can transmute these reagents please spare me the lecture. I need black lotus to transmute black pearl and black lotus us just as hard to get as anything else. I could transmute black lotus too but I need ore and everybody is after those, so it's a never ending cycle.

I think the bazaar needs to be updated with reagents every month or so. I find that you can craft way better gear than what is dropped by some of the bosses and I intend to complete all my crafting quest but if it's gonna take me a whole year and a half just to be master Artisan, I don't think that is reasonable. Reagents need to be more available.

I \t took forever to get 15 black lotus is tatakai outpost in moosshu and i tried Cave of solitude same results. They need to respwan quicker and they need to be on the realms when you check.

I need to be master artisan so I can craft my level 55 gear :)


You need your Grandmaster Crafting badge to craft Level 55 gear from Celestia.

If you're crying about 15 lotus, wait until you have to collect over a 1000 stone blocks to complete the GM! LOL

Survivor
Oct 17, 2010
1
CoopKoda wrote:
NicoUzumaki wrote:
Um I'm trying to do the final crafting quest in DS and am stuck on making the crimsome book stands.

I am not sure why the reagents had to include three very rare reagents: Blood Moss (i don't even know where to find this) Black Pearl and Nightshade.

For those of you who are going to say that I can transmute these reagents please spare me the lecture. I need black lotus to transmute black pearl and black lotus us just as hard to get as anything else. I could transmute black lotus too but I need ore and everybody is after those, so it's a never ending cycle.

I think the bazaar needs to be updated with reagents every month or so. I find that you can craft way better gear than what is dropped by some of the bosses and I intend to complete all my crafting quest but if it's gonna take me a whole year and a half just to be master Artisan, I don't think that is reasonable. Reagents need to be more available.

I \t took forever to get 15 black lotus is tatakai outpost in moosshu and i tried Cave of solitude same results. They need to respwan quicker and they need to be on the realms when you check.

I need to be master artisan so I can craft my level 55 gear :)


You need your Grandmaster Crafting badge to craft Level 55 gear from Celestia.

If you're crying about 15 lotus, wait until you have to collect over a 1000 stone blocks to complete the GM! LOL

In my own opinion they are getting so carried away i'm about to tell them to shove the whole game, and i spend 25-60 weekly, refered 4 friends so far whom i'm not even getting credit for. If i wanted to farm things i would play games for free on facebook. I pay for what i want, and pay for fun. Anyone who dislikes that can play their way same as i play mine, but i am fed up.

Survivor
Apr 29, 2010
10
Blood Moss is the greater form of Red Mandrake. Black Pearls are derived from Black Lotus and Nightshade comes from Deep Mushrooms. For your Pearl, Lotus and Nightshade needs go to the Tree of Life dungeon. You can pass through the whole thing in about 10-15 minutes and will get between 3 and 12 Lotus; and sometimes the Pearls. This dungeon also spawns a lot of mushrooms and occasionally the Nightshade. Once you go through the dungeon you exit and the reenter and everything respawns. You can solo it so you don't have to share any of the resources and you don't actually have to complete any of the quests to move through the dungeon. During that time you'll also make a couple thousand gold because of the wooden chests.

Survivor
May 04, 2010
24
NicoUzumaki, I ABSOLUTELY agree with everything you stated!! It seems that the people at K.I. think that frustrating players is a funny little office game! For all the people complaining here and throughout the message board about not enough reagents per player, one is left wondering what the heck they are doing at K.I. that their programming department has not added more regents to the game.

It is stupid to expect every player to have 15 of one regent to mutate into one regent, if their is only enough regents for only one or two players to pick up. Take Mooshu World for example, there is really no place to find black lotus, that someone else has not picked before anyone else. It is well known for people to switch realms, so if you find a spot that has a black lotus growing, it is almost a guaranty that someone else is also in that spot switching realms, making it useless to change realms now. How come Mooshu looks like a farm/country land yet black lotus is not growing abundantly wild there? There should be fields of black lotus, not just one growing by itself. At least every 20 feet there should be black lotus not just one every other dungeon!

Take a ride out to the country around where you live, you will not find only one flower growing in the middle of a field, unless someone purposely sprays a plant killer for that area. If Mooshu is rural then rural it should really be and black lotus should be abundant. I'm not expecting it to be super easy to find, but only one or two every second dungeon house is really not fair play either! No one should have to continually jump realms to find regents!!! K.I. needs to make the reagents multiple by the number of people playing the game. If there is only five people playing the game throughout the day, then leave it the way it is. However, if there is fifty people playing the game, then the regents should be more abundant. The game should be written so that the regents automatically adjust higher or lower to the number of people per realm playing the game at any certain time. A crowed realm should have more than a full, normal or perfect realm. A full realm should have more than a normal or perfect realm, but less than a crowed realm, etc.

If K.I. programmers can not accomplish the automatic regent adjustment that I suggested, then maybe K.I. needs to fire and hire better programmers. With the economy the way it is now, and so many people looking for jobs, K.I. should be able to employ great programmers with ease. Players that are also computer programmers need to send their resumes to K.I.!!!