Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reagent Drought?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 29, 2010
I just came back to the game after roughly a years hiatus, and have started trying to craft the Watchtower Hall (Grizzleheim Craftable Home). I understand that the houses aren't supposed to a cake walk to craft, but it's been about a week. Soon after starting, I started to feel like there has been a serious decrease in reagents found in the Bazaar. The key word there is "feel" because honestly I'm not sure if there is after how long I was gone. I gave it about a week before starting this topic, but now I feel is the time to talk about it. Even the most basic and common reagents seem like a handful of needles in a mile of hay. Has there really been a decrease in reagents or have I been gone too long? Am I missing the busy hours of the game? If there has been a decrease what methods have some of you found that have consistently put out the most reagents? I'd appreciate any advice you have

On a side note even manually farming for reagents seems a bit more like a competitive grind, I've been running into more people along my routes and I don't know if that's a result of the alleged drought or if I'm just using overused farming routes.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Cameron MythMancer on Mar 6, 2018 wrote:
I just came back to the game after roughly a years hiatus, and have started trying to craft the Watchtower Hall (Grizzleheim Craftable Home). I understand that the houses aren't supposed to a cake walk to craft, but it's been about a week. Soon after starting, I started to feel like there has been a serious decrease in reagents found in the Bazaar. The key word there is "feel" because honestly I'm not sure if there is after how long I was gone. I gave it about a week before starting this topic, but now I feel is the time to talk about it. Even the most basic and common reagents seem like a handful of needles in a mile of hay. Has there really been a decrease in reagents or have I been gone too long? Am I missing the busy hours of the game? If there has been a decrease what methods have some of you found that have consistently put out the most reagents? I'd appreciate any advice you have

On a side note even manually farming for reagents seems a bit more like a competitive grind, I've been running into more people along my routes and I don't know if that's a result of the alleged drought or if I'm just using overused farming routes.
Well, there's your explanation, Cameron MythMancer! There are more players than last year and more of them are crafting! That's why reagents are scarce in the Bazaar or on the ground.
Gardening almost always is the way to get reagents for yourself without the hassle of other competitors snapping them up in the bazaar or from under your nose!

Survivor
Mar 29, 2010
anecorbie on Mar 7, 2018 wrote:
Well, there's your explanation, Cameron MythMancer! There are more players than last year and more of them are crafting! That's why reagents are scarce in the Bazaar or on the ground.
Gardening almost always is the way to get reagents for yourself without the hassle of other competitors snapping them up in the bazaar or from under your nose!
Aaahh the opposite of what I'd imagined, well I appreciate the feedback I'll try picking up gardening then. Never quite got around to it but I suppose it's about time to. Thanks again!

Survivor
Sep 07, 2017
anecorbie on Mar 7, 2018 wrote:
Sorry anecorbie, have to disagree.

There are Less players in the game, so reagents are not being sold as they used to.
Housing items, TC, you can see the same trend.

Sorry to see it happening. I have noticed it for a while.

(I haven't seen many players with crafted gear equipped in a long time either, just to add to my point)

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Only KI will know this for sure, but I'm seeing that some reagents are being snapped up by high level players who are crafting the Revered wands and level 125 gear, all of which require a huge amount of some reagents that didn't used to be in high demand. Example: spider silk, leather straps and kelp are now high demand reagents.

I remember from crafting the Watchtower that Water Lily was one reagent I spent weeks gathering back in the early days. Mooshu is great for water lilys (a rare drop from cattails), but also the fountain in Hyde Park, Marleybone is a fantastic spot. The best time to run around picking up reagents is early morning or late evening.

There is another reliable way to get reagents, but it will take some time and energy on your part: get into gardening.

Two types of plants will supply most of your basic crafting quest needs up through Celestia. Those are Pink Dandelions and Evil Magma Peas. Fickle Pickles will provide many rare reagents, including diamonds and fossils, acorns and nightshade. Maelstrom Snap Dragons drop gems of all types, and Frozen Fly Traps drop diamonds and Frost Flowers. The key is planting a lot of these various types and harvesting them daily. After a few weeks, you will have a good stock of reagents to work with.

Also, farming bosses can get you some reagents that are otherwise hard to find and can't be gardened. For example, the Gladiator (a hidden boss inside Mt. Olympus) drops amber, agave nectar, and turquoise. He's nearly impossible to solo, but manageable with 1 or 2 other people.

Good luck crafting the Watchtower!

Alia Misthaven

Explorer
Nov 05, 2012
Freshta on Mar 9, 2018 wrote:
Only KI will know this for sure, but I'm seeing that some reagents are being snapped up by high level players who are crafting the Revered wands and level 125 gear, all of which require a huge amount of some reagents that didn't used to be in high demand. Example: spider silk, leather straps and kelp are now high demand reagents.

I remember from crafting the Watchtower that Water Lily was one reagent I spent weeks gathering back in the early days. Mooshu is great for water lilys (a rare drop from cattails), but also the fountain in Hyde Park, Marleybone is a fantastic spot. The best time to run around picking up reagents is early morning or late evening.

There is another reliable way to get reagents, but it will take some time and energy on your part: get into gardening.

Two types of plants will supply most of your basic crafting quest needs up through Celestia. Those are Pink Dandelions and Evil Magma Peas. Fickle Pickles will provide many rare reagents, including diamonds and fossils, acorns and nightshade. Maelstrom Snap Dragons drop gems of all types, and Frozen Fly Traps drop diamonds and Frost Flowers. The key is planting a lot of these various types and harvesting them daily. After a few weeks, you will have a good stock of reagents to work with.

Also, farming bosses can get you some reagents that are otherwise hard to find and can't be gardened. For example, the Gladiator (a hidden boss inside Mt. Olympus) drops amber, agave nectar, and turquoise. He's nearly impossible to solo, but manageable with 1 or 2 other people.

Good luck crafting the Watchtower!

Alia Misthaven
The gladiator? I wish it was easier to get people to help farm him, it's not that much of a hassle on my ice to solo him, but that really doesn't net me a ton of reagents, all I got was a jack ton of enchanted armaments and about 1-2 amber. don't really need it that much though since Ice doesn't have that many good craftable spells

Explorer
Jul 12, 2016
I'm a scavenging expert, here are some harvesting tips that you might like. first: stone blocks and fossils, fossils are rare harvests from stone blocks, the best place to find those is crab alley in wizard city, search along the sidewalks, and even around the 2 towers at both ends of the street. next: mist wood and acorns, acorns are rare harvests from mist wood, the best place to find that is triton avenue (places in that zone where there's grass) in wizard city. next: frost flowers, the best place to scavenge up frost flowers is Colossus boulevard in wizard city (places in that zone where there are towers and places where 3 streets connect: basically where there's snow), also look around the ice school in Ravenwood. next: cat tails and water lilies. water lilies are rare harvest from cat tails, this is where traveling to mooshu comes in, start with the circle of water that surrounds the statue in the middle of the jade palace, then make your way to the Shoshun village, on your way to the dojo that separates it and the jade palace, you'll come across another pond, search that; then once you access the shoshun village you'll see 2 ponds connected by a waterfall, search them. next: Ores and diamonds. diamonds are rare harvests from ores, the best place to find these is the cave of solitude in mooshu (the part of that zone where a ton a bridges connect a ton of pillars). let me know if there are any other reagents you'd like my advice on, making people happy is what i do best