Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Potent Trap Treasure Cards?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
Ok, in Alto Alto, Popol Vuh Whitepaper sells a recipe for a decent storm hat. I go over to buy it and it says I must be Transcendent Crafter . I am on Alto Alto and I still haven't got the Potent Trap tc for the Eagle War Shield. It is the
only thing I need for the recipe (thanks to the Agave Nectar Trasmute). Does anyone remember what boss they got it from? Or if they got it from a plant while gardening? Please, I really need help with this.

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
Taylor Daisy Flame on Apr 13, 2017 wrote:
Ok, in Alto Alto, Popol Vuh Whitepaper sells a recipe for a decent storm hat. I go over to buy it and it says I must be Transcendent Crafter . I am on Alto Alto and I still haven't got the Potent Trap tc for the Eagle War Shield. It is the
only thing I need for the recipe (thanks to the Agave Nectar Trasmute). Does anyone remember what boss they got it from? Or if they got it from a plant while gardening? Please, I really need help with this.
I easily got it from the Gladiator secret boss in Mount Olympus. He drops it pretty easily. With a small group it's a breeze.

Hope this helps!

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander
Nathan GreenEyes 117 Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Mirage)
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Ryan HexPyre 104 Always Dying
Genevieve HexPyre 76 PvP Warlord
(Currently questing through Avalon)

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Potent Trap drops from almost all the major bosses in Azteca but unfortunately, it's a weirdly rare drop. My Fire got it fairly early on, but my Balance didn't get it until she was half way through Khrysalis!

(Even weirder, my level 72 Death already has it...? I don't know how - she's still in Zafaria. So yeah, weird.)

Worse than being such a rare drop, you can't craft it, get it from gardening, or trade for it. This is the most frustrating crafting quest in the whole game.

Alia Misthaven

Defender
Apr 06, 2013
Taylor Daisy Flame on Apr 13, 2017 wrote:
For getting a boss drop, the best choice is the fuego spirit at saltmeadow swamp as I got mine after killing him for the sixth time. You could try the others spirits around him as they are also easy to defeat, but I will stick with fire. For gardening, it can be drop by the ultra alligator pear tree and I believe at elder. I hope this helps.

Alejandro