Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please make it easier to craft fortified grilled cheese

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
I recently got semi-randomly sent on a quest to learn the recipe for fortified grilled cheese. This is a level 9 mega-snack that boosts a pet by 40 attribute points. Cool, I thought. Until I looked into the ingredients. You can only get them by buying grizzleheim lore packs. OK, you can get the bread from a chocolate fountain in someone's house, but that's a once a day thing, hardly any better.

I am SO sick of gardeners having a strangle hold on the game's mega-snacks. What if I want to raise cool pets but find gardening so annoying it makes me want to kill myself every time I do it? Well, mostly I make do with greatly inferior snacks. I buy shanta pudding (11 attribute points) on the bazaar when I have gold to spare, or craft honey tombs cereal (7 attribute points, but nearly universally liked due to cereal wierdness) when I don't. The difference between crappy shanta pudding, which I can barely afford to buy, and the 50 point mega-snacks available from farming couch potatoes is HUGE, and feels grossly unfair to non-gardeners.

Come on, you don't have to make crafting fortified grilled cheese EASY, just something less than impossible without spending real money. Let us make or buy or farm the ingredients.

I propose the fortified bread, which is only a level 1 snack anyway, just be available from a vendor. I suggest Regin Wildleaf, who already gives the Wintertusk mainline quest "Board to death" that requires the player to fetch fortified bread from the abandoned bakery. You don't want to shortcut this quest so you don't have to visit the bakery anymore, so probably code it so Regin only becomes a vendor after the player's wizard completes "board to death". Once he becomes a vendor, let him offer a few other mega-snacks just for variety, but fortified bread would be the important one for experienced players. Code it so when he becomes a vendor his shop gets labeled as snack vendor on the Hrundle Forge zone map.

I propose fortified cheese be craftable. Ingredients would include cheese, of course. Then maybe some herb you have to buy from the spice vendor in Zapharia. Plus one or two uncommon but not horribly rare reagents, maybe black lotus. Toss in a treasure card requirement, maybe a fire spell to figuratively melt the cheese, such as wyldfire, which can bought at various libraries starting with Celestia. It would take some work, but an experienced player with a decent supply of gold could buy all those ingredients in mass and then just have to gather black lotus and/or other reagent. Please don't make the reagent requirement so high the stuff immediately and permanently becomes impossible to find on the bazaar.