Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Petition to Make Amber Auctionable

AuthorMessage
Hero
May 27, 2009
Dear Kingsisle -

Many, many players are getting extremely frustrated with the difficulty in obtaining Amber. I think that the easiest solution to much of this frustration would be to allow the Amber to be sold/bought in the Bazaar. If those who enjoy Gardening and have spare Amber would be allowed to sell it so that those who DESPERATELY need this amazingly rare reagent could buy it, you would see a major reduction in the complaints about how hard it is to obtain.

Please reconsider the decision to make this regent Gardening-only. While it was an interesting experiment, I think it did not enhance gameplay at all.

Sincerely,

An Avid Crafter With Two Subscribed Accounts

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Willowdreamer wrote:
Dear Kingsisle -

Many, many players are getting extremely frustrated with the difficulty in obtaining Amber. I think that the easiest solution to much of this frustration would be to allow the Amber to be sold/bought in the Bazaar. If those who enjoy Gardening and have spare Amber would be allowed to sell it so that those who DESPERATELY need this amazingly rare reagent could buy it, you would see a major reduction in the complaints about how hard it is to obtain.

Please reconsider the decision to make this regent Gardening-only. While it was an interesting experiment, I think it did not enhance gameplay at all.

Sincerely,

I agree with this~ not because I enjoy crafting (I hate it) or gardening, but because I have received Amber in the past and would love to sell it, so someone who actually needs it can use it.

El Veeb
archmages Shadowsong & Deathwhisper

a subscriber with 2 accounts, legendary artisan who hates crafting.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I agree - I have no plans of agonizing with crafting any more past the gear from Wintertusk and now that I have pretty much made all the school out fits I plan to sell off or trash when my gold is maxed, all my reagents and spare tables. I am doing the same with all my pet snacks - now that another level is added and I have even less chance of decent traits by adult it seems silly to waste my time on it. I do garden but only on one wizard and for fun - 2 plants tops. Sorta Spring cleaning in the Fall for me.

Lastly I have to clean out wizards since I am bouncing around and getting no where with one.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Willowdreamer wrote:
Dear Kingsisle -

Sincerely,

Agreed. And that Merle's Whisker thing too. I have both and can't do anything with them. And do not craft. It's unfair for those who need them, and those stuck with them. I should be able to sell them for a nice profit, like any other reagent.

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
Explorer
Apr 20, 2009
Sarahnimo wrote:
Id rather have KI improve the drop rates.

Me too because even if amber is made auctionable, I really doubt anyone would be selling it to the bazaar.

Survivor
Jul 04, 2009
Sarahnimo wrote:
Id rather have KI improve the drop rates.

Agreed. Making Amber actionable would make spells like deer knight, Catalan, and Handsome Famori a common thing. It wouldn't be something you can be envied for anymore.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
I would support making it auctionable, as well as the amber dust and Merle's whiskers.
I have 64 KPs going, with about 35-40 elder harvests so far. Grand total of 1 amber received.
I could understand making this super hard to obtain, but if you are having it that way, then do not have it in a card pack. Bad enough you have to have almost finished the game to gain a rank 5 spell.
The benefits have really been tilted towards buying the packs. At least with a card pack spell you can use the spell for 4 or more worlds? Crafting you can use it for half of Avalon and PvP, which I do not do.
pods

Hero
May 27, 2009
kwikkar wrote:
Me too because even if amber is made auctionable, I really doubt anyone would be selling it to the bazaar.
I really think they would -- if they don't craft, what else can they do with it except trash it. What a waste when people are so frustrated in trying to obtain it.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2009
Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Here is my 2cents.

I would prefer the drops rates increased only.

BUT, I would LOVE to see Amber Dust and Merle's Whisker auctionable (At a higher price of 500 in bazaar = minimum of 1000, maximum of 10,000) That way there is still some rarity but not to much.

For the record, I am holding possibly the world record for no amber in a row.
192 elder King Parsley. ALMOST AT 200! :D

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
As long as people will try to get it there is absolutely no reason for KI to improve the drop rate.

Explorer
Feb 25, 2012
Willowydream on Oct 7, 2012 wrote:
Dear Kingsisle -

Sincerely,

Great idea I garden first thing every time I play Wizard101 and some times I seem to get amber but I'm not a crafter (I already have good items) so I want to sell amber badly because it is no use just recieving a regent and leaving it in our back pack. Btw if KI agrees make it cost allot.

Level 38 Magus Theurgist Gabriel Ashleaf