Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Padding?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 15, 2011
I'm trying to gather reagents to make a spirit caller drum and I noticed that in order to make that, I need 1 conga drum. What's bothering me is that I already have a (store bought) conga drum in my inventory but the reagent requirements says I don't have one. So my question is, do I really need to craft a conga drum to be able to craft the spirit caller drum? Because if so then that's just redundant padding. A player should be able to just buy it and have it count in one's inventory instead of having to go and craft an entirely different item then have that item be part of a recipe for another item.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
TheLastGuy on Dec 7, 2016 wrote:
I'm trying to gather reagents to make a spirit caller drum and I noticed that in order to make that, I need 1 conga drum. What's bothering me is that I already have a (store bought) conga drum in my inventory but the reagent requirements says I don't have one. So my question is, do I really need to craft a conga drum to be able to craft the spirit caller drum? Because if so then that's just redundant padding. A player should be able to just buy it and have it count in one's inventory instead of having to go and craft an entirely different item then have that item be part of a recipe for another item.
You've to craft the Conga Drum. It's a crafting quest for a reason, hence the need to craft the items, not buy them. It's not hard anyways, you'll pull through!

Survivor
Jan 19, 2012
A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
SaraGrisso on Dec 23, 2016 wrote:
The quest is to craft the spirit drum not the other drum
Yes but your unlikely going to find the conga drum else where

It's a crafting challenge within a crafting challenge.

btw your going to need 2 conga drums, 1 for each spirit caller drum your required to craft

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
TheLastGuy on Dec 7, 2016 wrote:
You can buy them and use them to craft the spirit caller drum. Maybe it is not recognizing it because it is locked? Not sure, but I know I have done this and it has worked. I often crafted them on another wizard and moved them over or sold them.