Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Most annoying Regent to Collect

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 23, 2016
194
We all have them something we need a lot of and have a hard time or spend a large sum of money to collect.

I know at the lower levels it seems for me to be Mist Wood, but I also have some fish on certain items that can become annoying to collect (but at least I can sell others I get - Fish that is).

So what is your item?

Survivor
Jul 14, 2013
40
Sonic springs

They're only available during the BOXES event, or if you want to open some packs, and the drop rate from either of those is extremely low. Over 20 runs in the various BOXES this time around and nothing.

Survivor
Jan 08, 2018
6
Scrap Iron. I needed 32 pieces to get an Initiate crafting badge, and I couldn't transmute because that required an Initiate Crafter badge! I spent 3 weeks getting all the scrap iron I needed.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
1842
At the highest levels, I'm torn between saying Flying Squid Ink and Aethyer Ore (which is 'easier' overall but way more tedious because we can only collect one at a time from a spawn point). Ont he other hand, Flying Squid Ink only drops from battles ... if you're lucky. It's more like 1 out of 10 battles. Since the gear and wand recipes are calling for 45 Squid Ink each, I'm calculating it takes roughly 450 street battles to collect enough Squid Ink to craft ONE item.

That. Is. Annoying.

Also, Amber!

Alia Misthaven

Explorer
Nov 05, 2012
55
Freshta on Mar 12, 2018 wrote:
At the highest levels, I'm torn between saying Flying Squid Ink and Aethyer Ore (which is 'easier' overall but way more tedious because we can only collect one at a time from a spawn point). Ont he other hand, Flying Squid Ink only drops from battles ... if you're lucky. It's more like 1 out of 10 battles. Since the gear and wand recipes are calling for 45 Squid Ink each, I'm calculating it takes roughly 450 street battles to collect enough Squid Ink to craft ONE item.

That. Is. Annoying.

Also, Amber!

Alia Misthaven
thats about right, but in the calamari dungeon the drop rate for squid ink is kind of crazy, but easier for me. its either every 3rd battle or every battle you fight, if your having trouble try farming there.

my hardest reagent was the shinning scales though if we're talking amount, that was sandstone. I crafted the jungle house from azteca and the sandstone to craft all the items i needed for was BRUTAL sandstone drops the most from mirage and that place makes krokotopia look like a one way bullet train to your next destination. I had to jump across the desert until i gave up and just went into the main hub area where it drops less but i could kind of keep track of the spawn points.

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
244
Participation Trophys are the absolute worst idea ever. I hate PvP with a passion and I'm not particularly fond of the tedium of pet racing so slowly building up arena tickets (or hoping to get some from the daily assignment) is just pure torture. It'd be less painful craft them using a combination of 100 antiquities 100 scrap iron and 100 bronze for each individual trophy.

Geographer
Aug 23, 2016
968
Amber
Amber
Amber
Amber
Amber
Amber

Did I mention Amber?

Steven Ghoststalker
93

Explorer
Apr 09, 2011
78
shining scales. the trophies are time consuming much like aether ore. i have better luck at the bazaar than fishing recently.

Explorer
Jan 12, 2013
62
Participation trophies are easy. Enter tournaments. Even if you lose most or all of your battles you get 200-400 trophies in under an hour.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
2226
Happy Fun Ball on Feb 27, 2018 wrote:
Sonic springs

They're only available during the BOXES event, or if you want to open some packs, and the drop rate from either of those is extremely low. Over 20 runs in the various BOXES this time around and nothing.
they're also rewards from the daily assignments. I've asked for a Spring --> Sonic Spring transmute recipe for a while now

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
2226
Area51Alien on Apr 2, 2018 wrote:
Amber
Amber
Amber
Amber
Amber
Amber

Did I mention Amber?

Steven Ghoststalker
93
Amber has gotten easier over the years. The hidden bosses in Aquila usually do a decent job of dropping these when I farmed for them. It would be easier to get if they changed the Transmute recipe to not need a ton of ingredients, and just make it a straight conversion of Amber Dust to Amber. Only time will tell if they ever do it though.

Survivor
Mar 12, 2017
18
Area51Alien on Apr 2, 2018 wrote:
Amber
Amber
Amber
Amber
Amber
Amber

Did I mention Amber?

Steven Ghoststalker
93
Yes, Amber is awful to get because you've got to wait a while before you can consistently farm, but the drop rates aren't as bad as some of the Arcanum Crafting stuff. It's real "fun" to get those reagents

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1445
Evil accidental back button ate my post again.

My vote: Sonic Springs.

Runner up: Amber

Reagent I love to find: Antiques (because SHINY!)

The longer version was more fun to read

Survivor
Jul 12, 2016
40
Angela LifeGiver on Mar 11, 2018 wrote:
Scrap Iron. I needed 32 pieces to get an Initiate crafting badge, and I couldn't transmute because that required an Initiate Crafter badge! I spent 3 weeks getting all the scrap iron I needed.
most of the zones you can scavenge up scrap iron from are in marleybone

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
1037
It's hard to choose just one reagent. Many of them are annoying including Sunstone. Hmm, for me I say Amber, and Pigsie TC are most annoying .