Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mooshu craft spell require legendary crafter???

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 15, 2013
6
This was all copy paste from this person. KI you Need to change this!!! had to cut alot for wordcount check this out
http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?424544-complaint!-Loremaster-spells-SHOULD-NOT-require-Legendary-Artisan-badge!
Loremaster/Mooshu crafted spells should not require the Legendary Artisan badge.
Argument of Comparison

All of the Loremaster’s spells require four or five pips to cast5. Four or five pip spells are obtained by wizards anywhere from L16 to L42. Death gets their four pip spell as vampire6 at L16, while storm doesn’t get their five pip spell until L42 as stormzilla7. After this, no schools get four to five pip damaging spells between L43 and L100. What does this say about the pip requirement of the Loremaster spells?

The amount of pips required to cast the Loremaster Spells is appropriate for the strength of master wizards. I could argue that L16 wizards should get them too, but master again makes more sense here, because by the master range every school has both its four and five pip spells.

Next up, damage… the most powerful damaging spell the Loremaster drops is Catalan, with 690 storm damage. That’s damage literally identical to the average damage of stormzilla. Guess what level stormzilla is for…? Stormzilla is trained by L42 wizards. (wizards in the master level range!)

Argument of Utility

Loremaster spells are useful for lower level wizards… their utility at the master level is much more significant than at the legendary level.

In Zafaria the bosses are all rank eleven and higher... the street mobs are much tougher. The street mobs are as powerful as many of Dragonspyre’s bosses, often rank ten.

Loremaster spells are better utilized by lower level wizards… Master level wizards should at least be able to craft the spells, if not lower level wizards, because the spells lose utility fairly quickly.

Argument of access

Loremaster spells can technically be accessed by any level wizard… any level wizard.

Yes, indeed, most people know that a wizard a L5 can easily port to his L50 friend in the Loremaster’s dungeon, and the L5 can just as easily receive a spell drop as the L50 can.

And then there’s the aspect of crown packs: Any wizard, any level, anywhere, with or without access to a friend in Dragonspyre, can purchase the crown bought card packs. All of the Loremaster’s spells are spread throughout the card packs, so in theory, a level one wizard could have all of the spells. (except for the specific Loremaster spell, the only one not in a card pack)

Because the Loremaster spells can be accessed by any wizard through farming or from buying packs, they should also be craftable by any wizard. This is a logical argument, however, I personally think the Master Artisan badge should be required before a wizard can craft the spells.

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
398
You said it yourself. I replied to the first post that you posted about your problem.

What I mean by, you said it yourself, means that There are other ways for you to obtain this spell, not just by crafting.

Try farming Loremaster or Koto for the spell. I'm not familiar with Koto, but everyone can get the Loremaster quest. Do it with a high level friend.

You seem to be SO dedicated to getting this spell at the level you are at. Why not give some other ways a try?

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2189
jdye777361 on Feb 21, 2017 wrote:
This was all copy paste from this person. KI you Need to change this!!! had to cut alot for wordcount check this out
http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?424544-complaint!-Loremaster-spells-SHOULD-NOT-require-Legendary-Artisan-badge!
Loremaster/Mooshu crafted spells should not require the Legendary Artisan badge.
Argument of Comparison

All of the Loremaster’s spells require four or five pips to cast5. Four or five pip spells are obtained by wizards anywhere from L16 to L42. Death gets their four pip spell as vampire6 at L16, while storm doesn’t get their five pip spell until L42 as stormzilla7. After this, no schools get four to five pip damaging spells between L43 and L100. What does this say about the pip requirement of the Loremaster spells?

The amount of pips required to cast the Loremaster Spells is appropriate for the strength of master wizards. I could argue that L16 wizards should get them too, but master again makes more sense here, because by the master range every school has both its four and five pip spells.

Next up, damage… the most powerful damaging spell the Loremaster drops is Catalan, with 690 storm damage. That’s damage literally identical to the average damage of stormzilla. Guess what level stormzilla is for…? Stormzilla is trained by L42 wizards. (wizards in the master level range!)

Argument of Utility

Loremaster spells are useful for lower level wizards… their utility at the master level is much more significant than at the legendary level.

In Zafaria the bosses are all rank eleven and higher... the street mobs are much tougher. The street mobs are as powerful as many of Dragonspyre’s bosses, often rank ten.

Loremaster spells are better utilized by lower level wizards… Master level wizards should at least be able to craft the spells, if not lower level wizards, because the spells lose utility fairly quickly.

Argument of access

Loremaster spells can technically be accessed by any level wizard… any level wizard.

Yes, indeed, most people know that a wizard a L5 can easily port to his L50 friend in the Loremaster’s dungeon, and the L5 can just as easily receive a spell drop as the L50 can.

And then there’s the aspect of crown packs: Any wizard, any level, anywhere, with or without access to a friend in Dragonspyre, can purchase the crown bought card packs. All of the Loremaster’s spells are spread throughout the card packs, so in theory, a level one wizard could have all of the spells. (except for the specific Loremaster spell, the only one not in a card pack)

Because the Loremaster spells can be accessed by any wizard through farming or from buying packs, they should also be craftable by any wizard. This is a logical argument, however, I personally think the Master Artisan badge should be required before a wizard can craft the spells.
ALL the crafted permanent spells require a wizard to be "Legendary Artisan".

I am sure KI is aware that lower level wizards can port into the L50 instance to battle Loremaster, BUT, there is also a point in the game that can no longer happen. KI, at the request of many other players has put a NO PORT on many future areas of the game. Loremaster may very well be one of the last few that porting in is still allowed.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
1304
Just because a spell is 4-5 pips doesn't mean it's for lower level wizards. Earning areas, earning spells, earning pets, and earning other aspects of the game are not just exclusive to W101.

This is part of the challenge of the game. You need to do this before you get that. You need to go here before you can go there. Handing spells like Loremaster to lower-level wizards that haven't earned it is, quite frankly, a slap in the face to everyone else. There are also other 4-5 pip spells in the game that are earned at a much higher level. Why are you just concerned about Loremaster? Oh, is it because it's the one you want?

As you already stated, there are other options for obtaining the spell. Personally, I waited until I was able to craft Loremaster, just like I waited to craft all the other available school spells when my wizards earned the right to do so.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2013
6
BrynnerOfReign on Feb 22, 2017 wrote:
Just because a spell is 4-5 pips doesn't mean it's for lower level wizards. Earning areas, earning spells, earning pets, and earning other aspects of the game are not just exclusive to W101.

This is part of the challenge of the game. You need to do this before you get that. You need to go here before you can go there. Handing spells like Loremaster to lower-level wizards that haven't earned it is, quite frankly, a slap in the face to everyone else. There are also other 4-5 pip spells in the game that are earned at a much higher level. Why are you just concerned about Loremaster? Oh, is it because it's the one you want?

As you already stated, there are other options for obtaining the spell. Personally, I waited until I was able to craft Loremaster, just like I waited to craft all the other available school spells when my wizards earned the right to do so.
Ok sure but I think earning ALL of the regeants required for legendary crafter and to craft the spell is work enough. If you put in all that time to collect you did earn it. The amber and those golden pearls took me months. Also that is not true. What 4-5 pip spells are earned after dragonspyre?

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
245
jdye777361 on Feb 21, 2017 wrote:
This was all copy paste from this person. KI you Need to change this!!! had to cut alot for wordcount check this out
http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?424544-complaint!-Loremaster-spells-SHOULD-NOT-require-Legendary-Artisan-badge!
Loremaster/Mooshu crafted spells should not require the Legendary Artisan badge.
Argument of Comparison

All of the Loremaster’s spells require four or five pips to cast5. Four or five pip spells are obtained by wizards anywhere from L16 to L42. Death gets their four pip spell as vampire6 at L16, while storm doesn’t get their five pip spell until L42 as stormzilla7. After this, no schools get four to five pip damaging spells between L43 and L100. What does this say about the pip requirement of the Loremaster spells?

The amount of pips required to cast the Loremaster Spells is appropriate for the strength of master wizards. I could argue that L16 wizards should get them too, but master again makes more sense here, because by the master range every school has both its four and five pip spells.

Next up, damage… the most powerful damaging spell the Loremaster drops is Catalan, with 690 storm damage. That’s damage literally identical to the average damage of stormzilla. Guess what level stormzilla is for…? Stormzilla is trained by L42 wizards. (wizards in the master level range!)

Argument of Utility

Loremaster spells are useful for lower level wizards… their utility at the master level is much more significant than at the legendary level.

In Zafaria the bosses are all rank eleven and higher... the street mobs are much tougher. The street mobs are as powerful as many of Dragonspyre’s bosses, often rank ten.

Loremaster spells are better utilized by lower level wizards… Master level wizards should at least be able to craft the spells, if not lower level wizards, because the spells lose utility fairly quickly.

Argument of access

Loremaster spells can technically be accessed by any level wizard… any level wizard.

Yes, indeed, most people know that a wizard a L5 can easily port to his L50 friend in the Loremaster’s dungeon, and the L5 can just as easily receive a spell drop as the L50 can.

And then there’s the aspect of crown packs: Any wizard, any level, anywhere, with or without access to a friend in Dragonspyre, can purchase the crown bought card packs. All of the Loremaster’s spells are spread throughout the card packs, so in theory, a level one wizard could have all of the spells. (except for the specific Loremaster spell, the only one not in a card pack)

Because the Loremaster spells can be accessed by any wizard through farming or from buying packs, they should also be craftable by any wizard. This is a logical argument, however, I personally think the Master Artisan badge should be required before a wizard can craft the spells.
I play a wizard, and have earned all three Loremaster spells for my school. There's some truth to what you say, but on the whole, I disagree with you.

spells dropped by Loremaster are Savage Paw, Loremaster, and Samoorai. Of these, only the last one falls into the category or spells not used in the end game. It's a funny enough spell that I sometimes pack it to relieve boredom.

Loremaster is very good in duels, and is largely why is seen as such a dominant PvP school.

Savage Paw is very useful against cheating bosses. Specifically, bosses that cheat when you cast positive charms. An example of this is Akhtang. If you notice one of his minions cast Supercharge, you can hit them with this spell and have Akhtang strip it off of them. Similarly, with Omen, an Aegis-enchanted Savage Paw will allow you to cast a small blade on yourself while getting any of the enemies enfeebled. Oddly (and usefully) enough, this spell does not trigger Spirit of Darkmoor's retributive cheat against blades.

I can see how other Loremaster drops such as Calypso and Keeper of the Flame could also be used creatively in the high end game.

Now, is it fair that you need to progress into Zafaria (heck, Avalon is where the recipes are sold) to get these spells? I'd say it is. If the spells were available by other means when you were in Dragonspyre, why would anyone farm Loremaster?

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2189
jdye777361 on Feb 23, 2017 wrote:
Ok sure but I think earning ALL of the regeants required for legendary crafter and to craft the spell is work enough. If you put in all that time to collect you did earn it. The amber and those golden pearls took me months. Also that is not true. What 4-5 pip spells are earned after dragonspyre?
Just because you may have all the reagents or how much time it took you to get them doesn't fulfill the required work.... What does matter is completing all the requirements to become a LEGENDARY ARTISAN.

The 4-5 pips spells after DS are those we have been discussing throughout your 3 topics for this same issue. The CRAFTED permanent spells.

You aren't the only one that has farmed for the golden pearls or any other reagent. We farm for or garden for many of the reagents needed for any particular item including permanent spells.

Crafting low pip permanent spells is no different than hatching pets multiple times till you get the one you want with the talents you want. It is a long process to craft and train. That is how the system is set up and both of those aspects of the game should be left alone as they are.

Survivor
Apr 30, 2012
1
I agree, I've ran the Loremaster dungeon 15K+ times and the only spell I've managed to receive is "Handsome Fomori". I am a level 35 balance and I'm trying to pvp well, I've stopped for the moment to try and get the spell "Loremaster". Due to low drop rates from the mob "Loremaster" I've gotten to grand master artisan. I want to reach legendary artisan so that I can craft the Loremaster spell but it turns out that I have to be in Zafaria on the storyline to do so. This does not make much sense and must be changed, maybe have the Mooshu spells changed to require the Grandmaster Artisan badge rather than the Legendary Artisan. Or allow us wizards to reach Legendary Artisan no matter our level. I don't believe that we should be forced to farm for a random spell, having a very low chance of first off, even dropping a spell, second off, dropping the spell of out school, and third off, of even dropping the spell we want. Doing all of the crafting quests up to Legendary Artisan is hard enough, almost the equivalent of farming the the Loremaster dungeon. Please do something about this, due to my excessive want of the spell "Loremaster" I'm questing to Zafaria and getting it. Please do something about this.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2189
Jadioz on Apr 15, 2017 wrote:
I agree, I've ran the Loremaster dungeon 15K+ times and the only spell I've managed to receive is "Handsome Fomori". I am a level 35 balance and I'm trying to pvp well, I've stopped for the moment to try and get the spell "Loremaster". Due to low drop rates from the mob "Loremaster" I've gotten to grand master artisan. I want to reach legendary artisan so that I can craft the Loremaster spell but it turns out that I have to be in Zafaria on the storyline to do so. This does not make much sense and must be changed, maybe have the Mooshu spells changed to require the Grandmaster Artisan badge rather than the Legendary Artisan. Or allow us wizards to reach Legendary Artisan no matter our level. I don't believe that we should be forced to farm for a random spell, having a very low chance of first off, even dropping a spell, second off, dropping the spell of out school, and third off, of even dropping the spell we want. Doing all of the crafting quests up to Legendary Artisan is hard enough, almost the equivalent of farming the the Loremaster dungeon. Please do something about this, due to my excessive want of the spell "Loremaster" I'm questing to Zafaria and getting it. Please do something about this.
The spells that require a wizard to be a Legendary Artisan were not intended for lower levels.

Celestia is the last world any wizard can port to and do the crafting quest. From that point on, crafting has been built into the story line or side quest.

We all have to earn it rather than just getting it handed to us. None of the previous crafting quests are that difficult to do and no, They are not equivalent to Farming Loremaster.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
1304
Jadioz on Apr 15, 2017 wrote:
I agree, I've ran the Loremaster dungeon 15K+ times and the only spell I've managed to receive is "Handsome Fomori". I am a level 35 balance and I'm trying to pvp well, I've stopped for the moment to try and get the spell "Loremaster". Due to low drop rates from the mob "Loremaster" I've gotten to grand master artisan. I want to reach legendary artisan so that I can craft the Loremaster spell but it turns out that I have to be in Zafaria on the storyline to do so. This does not make much sense and must be changed, maybe have the Mooshu spells changed to require the Grandmaster Artisan badge rather than the Legendary Artisan. Or allow us wizards to reach Legendary Artisan no matter our level. I don't believe that we should be forced to farm for a random spell, having a very low chance of first off, even dropping a spell, second off, dropping the spell of out school, and third off, of even dropping the spell we want. Doing all of the crafting quests up to Legendary Artisan is hard enough, almost the equivalent of farming the the Loremaster dungeon. Please do something about this, due to my excessive want of the spell "Loremaster" I'm questing to Zafaria and getting it. Please do something about this.
Loremaster isn't a Mooshu spell.

Many times, higher level stuff is put in or hidden in lower levels. It doesn't mean the spell you see there is necessarily a Mooshu level spell.

Legendary artisan means you work for it when you reach Zafaria. If you want your L35 Balance to stay low-level just to PvP, you may need to get another wizard leveled up enough to craft the TC version of Loremaster.

You are not being forced to farm for a spell. Crafting is available. I realize that many young wizards these days "want it now", but there comes a time when you must learn patience. Earning a reward or achievement is a nice pat-on-the-back.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
2226
DragonLady1818 on Apr 18, 2017 wrote:
The spells that require a wizard to be a Legendary Artisan were not intended for lower levels.

Celestia is the last world any wizard can port to and do the crafting quest. From that point on, crafting has been built into the story line or side quest.

We all have to earn it rather than just getting it handed to us. None of the previous crafting quests are that difficult to do and no, They are not equivalent to Farming Loremaster.
You can port to Khrysalis and finish it, but Azteca's recipe requires a quest to unlock it..... last time I tried it that is (within this past year)

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2189
dayerider on Apr 20, 2017 wrote:
You can port to Khrysalis and finish it, but Azteca's recipe requires a quest to unlock it..... last time I tried it that is (within this past year)
I wouldn't know since I have not tried porting to the one in Khrysalis. I only have 4 wizards that are Legendary and they have all earned it. As for the remaining 8 wizards, they will earn it too.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
2226
DragonLady1818 on Apr 20, 2017 wrote:
I wouldn't know since I have not tried porting to the one in Khrysalis. I only have 4 wizards that are Legendary and they have all earned it. As for the remaining 8 wizards, they will earn it too.
I've done it on a few past wizards and it's worked perfectly. However, the important quest (tying back to the original topic) can't be ported to.