Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

looking for recipe locations

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 08, 2012
48
I would google them but i have no clue what i am looking for so i turn to the expert players.

I am level 52, I want to know the location of the best crafting recipes as i am a grandmaster
crafter now. I have life mastery amulet so i do not need a recipe for that slot unless there is
something better than a mastery amulet.

I am looking for robes, hat, shoes, wand, ring and athame recipes for level 50+
I was told the best gear is crafted next to some crown items & once upon a time
level 60 was the level cap and malistaire was the final boss so i know i am close
to the areas where there were recipes that people went nuts for.

I just need to find them.

I am currently wearing level 50 violet bitter hat, shoes, boots, life mastery amulet
i have the weirdly overpowered level 30 wand that gives a ton of might to all schools
from aquila or w/e its spelled. I have a level 55 crit wand waiting and i want to be able
to craft replacements when i get to the appropriate level to use them. having the recipes
before hand would save me time chasing them down later.

I am also fire with life up to satyr and ice up to tower shield.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2638
Suri Blueflame on Aug 10, 2013 wrote:
I would google them but i have no clue what i am looking for so i turn to the expert players.

I am level 52, I want to know the location of the best crafting recipes as i am a grandmaster
crafter now. I have life mastery amulet so i do not need a recipe for that slot unless there is
something better than a mastery amulet.

I am looking for robes, hat, shoes, wand, ring and athame recipes for level 50+
I was told the best gear is crafted next to some crown items & once upon a time
level 60 was the level cap and malistaire was the final boss so i know i am close
to the areas where there were recipes that people went nuts for.

I just need to find them.

I am currently wearing level 50 violet bitter hat, shoes, boots, life mastery amulet
i have the weirdly overpowered level 30 wand that gives a ton of might to all schools
from aquila or w/e its spelled. I have a level 55 crit wand waiting and i want to be able
to craft replacements when i get to the appropriate level to use them. having the recipes
before hand would save me time chasing them down later.

I am also fire with life up to satyr and ice up to tower shield.
I actually craft a few things from Wintertusk. Some things I actually buy from vendors there also.

You need to complete the Seal of the Seven Seas in Celestia's Floating land then get access to Surilund in Wintertusk for the helmet, robe and boot recipes. They can be equipped on your wizard at lvl 56. They are close to the stats of Water Works gear so if you plan on farming that you probably do not need to craft this gear.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2012
48
well i am level 72 now and i am wearing a odd assortment of crafted gear now.

I get laughed at because of the level of the items but i know the people laughing at me
really do not realize my gear is better than there's.

I am wearing the level 55 stellar signet and cosmic kris even at level 72 still
because they give better pips and insane healing. My sprite heals for as much as
a fairy, my fairy heals for more than a satyr and my satyr can put me at full health from
near death and that all of them without being a critical.

I am wearing the level 55 hat from celestia also still, and the level 66 robe and boots
from zafaria because they all give crit to both my fire and life spells putting my critical
stat at nearly 180 each. thats 200 critical when my pets ace avenger goes off. making it
so almost all of my spells crit almost all of the time. making the above mentioned healing
even more insane and giving my fire attacks a major boost.

I do not even use dragon, efreet, rain of fire... they cost to much and by the time a level 90 can
blade up and build up enough pips to unleash one of those expensive spells i have crit with
a revenant or a meteor two or three times for way more than anyone of those spells will ever hit
for alone.

I can one shot loremaster and all of her minions in four turns wearing my crappy low level
crafted gear lol

I am using the level 70 moon wand also for the extra healing now. the only non crafted item i have.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
1359
Wait? Are you fire? If so...

Hat: Aquila might have a better hat, but not worth the trouble IMO. I suggest Knightly Helm (Critical) or Waterworks hat.
Robe: Horned Vestment (Crafted) - Avalon
Boots: Either Waterworks (Firestarter's) or Crafted Bock boots from Avalon

Wand: Wyrd-Oak Staff (Dropped), yours is good though.
Athame: (At that level) Lexicon Blade OR Zafaria Crafted Athame
Amulet: Life Mastery, but if you want an alternative, Shango's Fireblade Amulet (Amulet Fireblade)
Ring: Toasty Band of the Fire Elves, Stellar Signet, or Aureate Band. Your hoice. (8 damage, heal boost, or all around)

Pet: (Do not worry about this for a longggg time, really troubling)
Fairy Friend (May cast fairy)
Spell-Proof (+10% Universal Resist)
Spell-Defying (+5% Universal Resist)
Critical-Striker (25-ish universal critical)
Fire-Dealer (+9% Fire damage)
But as for now, Fairy, double resist, and any form of damage is excellent, if not over the top also.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2012
48
Rony The Turtle on Aug 31, 2013 wrote:
Wait? Are you fire? If so...

Hat: Aquila might have a better hat, but not worth the trouble IMO. I suggest Knightly Helm (Critical) or Waterworks hat.
Robe: Horned Vestment (Crafted) - Avalon
Boots: Either Waterworks (Firestarter's) or Crafted Bock boots from Avalon

Wand: Wyrd-Oak Staff (Dropped), yours is good though.
Athame: (At that level) Lexicon Blade OR Zafaria Crafted Athame
Amulet: Life Mastery, but if you want an alternative, Shango's Fireblade Amulet (Amulet Fireblade)
Ring: Toasty Band of the Fire Elves, Stellar Signet, or Aureate Band. Your hoice. (8 damage, heal boost, or all around)

Pet: (Do not worry about this for a longggg time, really troubling)
Fairy Friend (May cast fairy)
Spell-Proof (+10% Universal Resist)
Spell-Defying (+5% Universal Resist)
Critical-Striker (25-ish universal critical)
Fire-Dealer (+9% Fire damage)
But as for now, Fairy, double resist, and any form of damage is excellent, if not over the top also.
thanks i might look into some of those items.

i am not looking to get frost resist or extra mana and while health is nice
i would prefer having healing and critical to my two primary schools.

The level 55 pyro's carefree hat is better than the waterworks hat imo.
It gives me critical to my two primary schools instead of just one school.
It is also better than its supposed upgrade the level 66 zafaria version of
it.

as for the waterworks boots or robe. The level 66 crafted robe and boots
that have both the fire and life stats on them from zafaria are better. They
both give critical to both of my primary schools again.

as for the zafaria athame and ring i crafted them both to replace my
celestia athame and ring and my healing and pips took a huge drop.
but my health and mana went way up. I immediately put my level 55
crafted stuff back on. I would rather have the healing and pips than
the extra health and mana. The celestia ring and athame are better
than the zafaria ones.

as for the wand i am still using the 70 crown shop moon wand for healing
but i also now have a level 70 wand from ninja lore pack that gives a really
nice global crit boost.

as for my pet i have two good ones. A second generation brimstone tiger
that gives grand phoenix and may cast fairy and may cast vengeance & a
second generation coldfire dragon that gives one of the best fire spells i have
seen ever and has painbringer and may cast sprite. tiger is ancient and dragon
is adult. Dragon will give two of that awesome spell at ancient.

My health is 3220, my mana is 120 and i know that is low but it is one of the
sacrifices i have come to terms with. My critical is 180 in both fire and life.
my bonus damage is 50 to fire and 40 to life. My healing in and out is just under
60 in both. my pip chance is over 70.

I do not see my self replacing any gear until i am nearly 80 and it wont be with
waterworks gear since all my stuff is better than waterworks gear is lol

I have some accuracy and what i lack i can make up for with aura's

I have a little pierce and again i can make up for what i lack with aura's

I have no resistance and don't want any unless it is global resistance.

At end game i plan on switching between two sets of gear. a defensive set
and a offensive set. for defense jade gear obviously. as for offense i have no
idea but i know there is better stuff than waterworks gear lol considering i am
wearing it.

Survivor
Sep 25, 2009
10
If I were you, I would abandon trying to use Life School for attacking and just heal with it. I recommend getting that Exalted Life Amulet in Aquila once you are level 90. As a Fire wizard, you can probably do tons of damage using Fire School alone. In this case, switch the gear that gives both Life and Fire stats to just Fire stats so that you can get more critical rating and damage. If you really want to use life for attacking, i would go with just using Luminous Weaver for the Weakness it gives.

Also, mana is practically useless to boost. You will probably defeat anything before you run out. If you get low on mana, just use a potion between battles.

Lastly, if you have any leftover training points, I recommend training Sun School spells next. They really power your cards up, whether it be damage or armor piercing and accuracy. They work well with auras.

I can't say I condone offensive gear. I like well-balanced gear better in my opinion. The part I get at is having more resist and block rating (which I think Waterworks gear and Tartarus gear give). I would rather not get hit by a fully powered critical Storm Owl with no resist or no chance to even block; however, this is your wizard so, you can do whatever you want. I have no idea what the best gear would be.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
717
Hi Suri,

since you are leveling fast, you also want to keep your eye out for Lewellyn in Dun Dara, in Avalon. He sells some worthwhile hat and robe recipes once you get there.

Before him, the best crafting gear is from the vendors in Wintertusk, as others have already mentioned.

Happy crafting!

A+ Student
Jan 11, 2012
1681
Suri Blueflame on Sep 1, 2013 wrote:
thanks i might look into some of those items.

i am not looking to get frost resist or extra mana and while health is nice
i would prefer having healing and critical to my two primary schools.

The level 55 pyro's carefree hat is better than the waterworks hat imo.
It gives me critical to my two primary schools instead of just one school.
It is also better than its supposed upgrade the level 66 zafaria version of
it.

as for the waterworks boots or robe. The level 66 crafted robe and boots
that have both the fire and life stats on them from zafaria are better. They
both give critical to both of my primary schools again.

as for the zafaria athame and ring i crafted them both to replace my
celestia athame and ring and my healing and pips took a huge drop.
but my health and mana went way up. I immediately put my level 55
crafted stuff back on. I would rather have the healing and pips than
the extra health and mana. The celestia ring and athame are better
than the zafaria ones.

as for the wand i am still using the 70 crown shop moon wand for healing
but i also now have a level 70 wand from ninja lore pack that gives a really
nice global crit boost.

as for my pet i have two good ones. A second generation brimstone tiger
that gives grand phoenix and may cast fairy and may cast vengeance & a
second generation coldfire dragon that gives one of the best fire spells i have
seen ever and has painbringer and may cast sprite. tiger is ancient and dragon
is adult. Dragon will give two of that awesome spell at ancient.

My health is 3220, my mana is 120 and i know that is low but it is one of the
sacrifices i have come to terms with. My critical is 180 in both fire and life.
my bonus damage is 50 to fire and 40 to life. My healing in and out is just under
60 in both. my pip chance is over 70.

I do not see my self replacing any gear until i am nearly 80 and it wont be with
waterworks gear since all my stuff is better than waterworks gear is lol

I have some accuracy and what i lack i can make up for with aura's

I have a little pierce and again i can make up for what i lack with aura's

I have no resistance and don't want any unless it is global resistance.

At end game i plan on switching between two sets of gear. a defensive set
and a offensive set. for defense jade gear obviously. as for offense i have no
idea but i know there is better stuff than waterworks gear lol considering i am
wearing it.
what skills does that dragon actually have learned? That's one sweet pet