Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Legendary Crafter Quest and Potent Trap

1
AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 17, 2011
214
There are so many awesome things legendary crafters can make but I believe there are some too difficult things for the quest. I know, it is to be Legendary so it's gonna be hard but still. For example, I do not know how many bosses I have fought trying to get potent trap treasure cards, my friends get them from the fights but I do not. So then I think, oh well I can just trade for it. But no! I can't! Potent Trap is a no trade treasure card, so I cannot complete the quest and craft the things I want.
So Kingsisle, will you please make potent trap tradeable? If it is because it would be unfair for a low level wizard to get it, maybe you could set it to at least level 75.

To all wizards out there;
Do you have any idea or strategy to make getting potent trap treasure cards?
Do you know of a vender with a potent trap recipe that someone who is not Legendary could get?
Does anyone sell potent trap treasure cards?
Can it be found in the Bazaar if you are lucky?
Please help! I need to pass this crafting quest.

Grace

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4115
It cannot be bought, sold, traded or crafted. They drop from all bosses in Azteca and the bonus bosses in all Aquila dungeons. Since all the bosses drop them, odds are you get a few before finishing Azteca. I think I had at least 7-10 of them on every wizard by the time I completed the world.

Delver
Jun 17, 2011
214
Ok so, this quest is not only a test of battling and crafting skill but of patience. Darn. Well thank you anyways seethe42, for telling me that all hope is not lost . So I guess my genius idea of porting to someone in Azteca was not so genius after all. Oh well, it's back to Avalon and that collecting quest... Oh and btw, is lake shore the last area in Avalon?
Grace DreamRider
82

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
278
Grace Dreamrider on May 4, 2014 wrote:
There are so many awesome things legendary crafters can make but I believe there are some too difficult things for the quest. I know, it is to be Legendary so it's gonna be hard but still. For example, I do not know how many bosses I have fought trying to get potent trap treasure cards, my friends get them from the fights but I do not. So then I think, oh well I can just trade for it. But no! I can't! Potent Trap is a no trade treasure card, so I cannot complete the quest and craft the things I want.
So Kingsisle, will you please make potent trap tradeable? If it is because it would be unfair for a low level wizard to get it, maybe you could set it to at least level 75.

To all wizards out there;
Do you have any idea or strategy to make getting potent trap treasure cards?
Do you know of a vender with a potent trap recipe that someone who is not Legendary could get?
Does anyone sell potent trap treasure cards?
Can it be found in the Bazaar if you are lucky?
Please help! I need to pass this crafting quest.

Grace
i agree these is a big problem not everyone wants to farm planting or farm a boss just for one thing needed in the craft quest like
hard amber
amber dust or even
vine
these is just one of them things that needs to be fix it needs to be sell able or trade able because not all of us wanna spend a day off farming just to get one thing we want and we really don't wanna have to get ticks to buy these stuff can't you just make it were you can buy any of the craft stuff for 400 crowns and get like 100 of them to make everybody happy i sure people would buy it and that way we don't have to work so hard to try and battle war lords and junk to get ticks just to buy one of them or make a thing of it so we can go to one place and pick it up like sandstone or stuff i mean just make these stuff easier because some of us are not that good at the finding game and some of us don't wanna have to battle a boss 50 times just for one tc or amber or what ever it is that we need so come on kl make it easier for all of us and just put it in crown shop or make it like stone blocks in dragon spy or make it sell able at lest because it just plain to much work to have to wait forever or farm forever just to get 1 of the thing we want i mean i about ready to quit crafting forever because i can't get amber from bazaar or from friends or just fined it lie in around just to make us all happy make the craft stuff easier to get because some people get so sick of looking for the stuff they want to just say i done so in the next up date for the love of god plz just make it easier on all of us and give of the dang craft stuff

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2638
Grace Dreamrider on May 9, 2014 wrote:
Ok so, this quest is not only a test of battling and crafting skill but of patience. Darn. Well thank you anyways seethe42, for telling me that all hope is not lost . So I guess my genius idea of porting to someone in Azteca was not so genius after all. Oh well, it's back to Avalon and that collecting quest... Oh and btw, is lake shore the last area in Avalon?
Grace DreamRider
82
You are close to last area in Avalon before it winds down to the dungeons of the end, once you complete the boss fights in the underwater caves you enter the Catacombs and are in the home stretch. I find Avalon does have a little too much boss after boss battle at the end but that is just me.

Mary

Delver
Jun 17, 2011
214
Ok thank you, and I agree with the "too many boss fights" thing you said, It is that and collecting quests. so yah, pretty much just that.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
4
seethe42 on May 7, 2014 wrote:
It cannot be bought, sold, traded or crafted. They drop from all bosses in Azteca and the bonus bosses in all Aquila dungeons. Since all the bosses drop them, odds are you get a few before finishing Azteca. I think I had at least 7-10 of them on every wizard by the time I completed the world.
I don't agree with this, I have been through azteca, fought bosses again later at random, sat and farmed Gladiator in Mount Olympus for hours and still not got a potent trap card, yet my second account which I bring in(who is not on that part of crafting chain) has recieved two of them in a matter of an hour. The RNG in this card dropping is utterly stupid. It becomes less of a "challenge" and more of pain in the rear(yes there is a difference).

This needs to be tweaked in the drop rate, or at least make them able to be sold, that way it is at minimum being paid for.

Delver
Jun 17, 2011
214
I am almost done with alto alto and have still not recieved potent trap. Therefore, i cannot craft housing items, gear, or anything else in azteca. This is a huge setback for me since i have been porting to boss fights that drop it, doing boss fights to get it and have not gotten potent trap!

This should not be required in the quest or drop rates should be raised. No, they need to be raised and it needs to be not required. Or it should .at least be tradeable!!! My friend has 5 that she can't sell (she has spell of it) and she tried to trade with me only for it to be untradeable! I am fed up with this quest and really want to quest. I apologize for my ranting but I am very frustrated with this and saddened. Please Kingsisle, do one of these things. Though it seems as if none will be done. I am beginning to despair that i will never complete this quest.

Grace
88

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2638
Grace Dreamrider on Jul 23, 2014 wrote:
I am almost done with alto alto and have still not recieved potent trap. Therefore, i cannot craft housing items, gear, or anything else in azteca. This is a huge setback for me since i have been porting to boss fights that drop it, doing boss fights to get it and have not gotten potent trap!

This should not be required in the quest or drop rates should be raised. No, they need to be raised and it needs to be not required. Or it should .at least be tradeable!!! My friend has 5 that she can't sell (she has spell of it) and she tried to trade with me only for it to be untradeable! I am fed up with this quest and really want to quest. I apologize for my ranting but I am very frustrated with this and saddened. Please Kingsisle, do one of these things. Though it seems as if none will be done. I am beginning to despair that i will never complete this quest.

Grace
88
I totally agree with your rant. The game becomes based too much around "luck". It's no longer about how well you play the game. It's more about how long you can stand farming for something you may never get. I have never had that special feeling when I finally get something, I feel relief that I can finally put it behind me and move on.

Maybe it's because I am an adult and find farming a time pit that may not net results. Clearly I am not competitive enough for this game, as I also don't believe I need to have anything anyone else can't have too.

Mary

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4115
Northlite on Jul 27, 2014 wrote:
I totally agree with your rant. The game becomes based too much around "luck". It's no longer about how well you play the game. It's more about how long you can stand farming for something you may never get. I have never had that special feeling when I finally get something, I feel relief that I can finally put it behind me and move on.

Maybe it's because I am an adult and find farming a time pit that may not net results. Clearly I am not competitive enough for this game, as I also don't believe I need to have anything anyone else can't have too.

Mary
Clearly nothing you said is true or you wouldn't be in here constantly ranting about it. You clearly cannot put it behind and move on. If you don't like farming, don't farm, it's really that simple.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2638
seethe42 on Jul 28, 2014 wrote:
Clearly nothing you said is true or you wouldn't be in here constantly ranting about it. You clearly cannot put it behind and move on. If you don't like farming, don't farm, it's really that simple.
I don't farm. I have farmed and helped others farm, so I can relate to many who do not get what they want/need in the game. Some just don't have the mind set to be repeatedly rejected in getting things. Just so you know I magnet kids in the game and have very few if any adults on some of my friends lists.

The problem here is a crafting quest that is dependent upon a drop of Potent Trap or "farming" for it if it doesn't drop during normal questing.

I realize that a lot of players like to "farm" or it wouldn't be in the game, would it? I am all for that aspect of the game to keep these people busy and get the special things they want, even though as you stated they don't "need" it but maybe I am not so much for it when it hinges on others things - like a crafting quest where you "need" it to complete the quest.

Mary "rant" StarGem

P.S. Don't worry, young wizard, nothing in the game will change just because I don't care for it. In a game filled with have's and have nots, I am perfectly happy being in the have not camp. We make up far more of the players in the game then you think.. Are we still friends?

Delver
Jun 17, 2011
214
I finally got potent trap!!!! It took me almost 2 worlds and 7 levels to get it, but I did! Thank you all for your support and thank you kingsisle for allowing me to get it!!!!

Survivor
Oct 19, 2011
6
I have been farming off and on for over six months, so far not one potent trap. Oh well, I have given up on crafting because of one drop.

Defender
Apr 16, 2014
167
Hi, I was wondering if I would ever get the Potent Trap card as well as I progressed through Azteca. So I made a conscience effort to help people do boss fights no matter if I had already did the fight myself or not. I would ask people to let me know when they were fighting a boss and tell me and I would come and help. so I was helping a friend I had made in Azteca kill a boss in Cloudburst forest (I think that's the name) LoL And low and behold it dropped for me right then. Now having completed Azteca and doing countless boss fights there, (I still help people with the harder bosses there) I have accumulated about six Potent Trap cards. Of course I'm one who does not mind helping others in any boss fight, but I advertised my services while questing through Azteca so I would be sure to get the card to finish the crating quest. I did not think it was overly hard and maybe that is the point to get you to do the boss fights a lot and to even help people do them. I have made countless new friends in this area and am glad for it. Well of course this is just my experience and not everyone enjoys doing boss fights over again. but it did help me.

Scarlet ShadowStone Level 95 Scarlet SwiftRiver Level 21

Survivor
Jun 28, 2014
33
I am working on the legendary crafting quest now. One suggestion for anyone is that they invest in gardening. The tough reagents for this quest are Sunstone, Aether, and Fossils. Golden pearls are not as difficult to find and can be purchased for good price if you wait in the bazaar. Fossils will usually go for 1000 gold per unless you get lucky and there is a huge dump of the reagent on the market.

Gardening is by far the most efficient method to obtain the most difficult reagents. Maelstrom Snapdragons and Fickle Pickles will drop Aether and Sunstones as potential reagent rewards. King Parsley and Evil Magma Peas also drop the reagents but they are only available as drops or purchase through the crown store. My suggestion, and strategy for my next wizard when I roll one, is to level your gardening early and focus on Fickle Pickles. They only require a small enchanted plot and you can buy them in the bazaar cheaper than you can in Golem Court. The small plot size allows you to create a large space where you can use large area of effect gardening spells for maximum advantage. While this may seem expensive consider that you are almost certain to gain seeds for some of the plants if you grown them through their entire life cycle. Over time you will acquire a number of rare reagents. I doubt you will gain all that is needed but you will make a significantly reduce the required reagent need.

Survivor
Feb 28, 2010
1
Please up the drop rate on potent trap, this is beyond ridiculous, no one wants to farm something for hours and hours. Makes me want to quit the game, seriously! Furthermore, some people do not have the time to spend to farm for hours and hours! Be reasonable and fair please KI!

Hero
Sep 19, 2013
770
By the time you've completed Azteca, gotten your ring and athame from Aquila, and gotten your Hades gear if that's what you're in to, you should have at least one.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4115
I've been farming Sand Squid the past few days for exalted amulets. I'm getting potent trap cards like crazy.

Survivor
Jan 13, 2014
15
I'm getting potent trap like crazy. Can't get turquoise to save my life though

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4115
Scooter1369 on Sep 10, 2014 wrote:
I'm getting potent trap like crazy. Can't get turquoise to save my life though
I've been farming the Squid casually for the last week and I've gotten 6 potent trap, 3 sharpen blade and 20 turquoise. Often get 2 turquoise in the same battle. Getting loads of vines, whiskers, amber, amber dust and agave nectar too. I'm farming for amulets, haven't seen one of those yet, but loads of regents and TC.

Survivor
Jan 13, 2014
15
seethe42 on Sep 11, 2014 wrote:
I've been farming the Squid casually for the last week and I've gotten 6 potent trap, 3 sharpen blade and 20 turquoise. Often get 2 turquoise in the same battle. Getting loads of vines, whiskers, amber, amber dust and agave nectar too. I'm farming for amulets, haven't seen one of those yet, but loads of regents and TC.
Thanks

Survivor
Oct 10, 2012
7
Scooter1369 on Sep 14, 2014 wrote:
Thanks
Where is the Squid located?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4115
hyperbaby075 on Dec 10, 2014 wrote:
Where is the Squid located?
In Atlantea. It's the secret boss near the beginning, you go around the side across a board into an opening.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
26
Ugh I've been farming in Azteca bosses for 9hours straight now. My life wizard got 3 -_- while my storm got ZERO!!!! How is that possible?? Its beyond frustrating when my storm hasn't gotten one single potent trap tc. Anyone else got a boss they are farming that's dropping it?

Squire
Nov 28, 2010
523
It's a very frustrating thing indeed. I've got 10 wizards now who have completed Azteca and either most or all of Aquila. Nine of them have completed the crafting quest, but one of them can't because he hasn't caught a Potent Trap TC drop. Many of the others have anywhere from 2 - 9 left over after they completed the crafting quest.

The drop rate probably isn't terrible, just one of my wizards is having particularly poor luck.

1