Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Issues With Treasure Card Pricing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
Like the title says, I'm having a problem with funding myself to keep up with the price of these newly expensified treasure cards. As a PvPer, I find myself needing an exessive amount of Tower Shield treasure cards. I have spent the training points in ice to get the actual Tower Shield spell, but only 5 or 6 of them in my deck just doesn't cut it in those tough matches (not to mention it takes up so much precious space in my deck)!

I've spent about 20k on tower shields today alone, as I'm trying to get my PvP rank up, and it basically is costing me ALL the money I earn to keep up with my treasure card demands, leaving me with no money to update my awesome Dragonspyre mansion, or to spend on new wizardly gear!

So hear my plea community of Wizard101! Am I doing something wrong? Is there a key aspect of the game I am missing out on? Because as it is, if I want to succeed in PvP (which I very much do :D), I'm going to have to sacrifice greatly on other fantastic aspects of the game! This, in my opinion, does not seem cool at all!

Talon Talon
Crusher Crusher
42 Pyromancer

Defender
May 15, 2009
tr1balx wrote:

So hear my plea community of Wizard101! Am I doing something wrong?

Yes. You're relying on one card too much.

Survivor
Dec 29, 2008
I absolutely love this game and I have tried a few other mmo's.

My schedule is different than most and I often play late at night, when there are very few others online ( as a matter of fact many times I have to log off for site maintenance).
Because of this I have learned how to beat most of the bosses by myself, but using treasure cards and adjusting my decks to adapt to the school/s of my adversary.
Last night I went to buy some treasure cards and I was completely shocked at the new pricing. I know there are other ways to get treasure cards, crafting and trading. I have started collecting items and recipes, but I spend a quite a bit of money on crowns to convert to gold for the purchase of special cards.
One would think that with the popularity of the game, raising prices would be the last thing to do.
As much as I enjoy the game, with the new pricing I will have to start looking at other mmo's. I will miss spending so much time on Wizard and the friends I have made there, but I simply can't afford my play time at the new pricing.

Any suggestions as to how else I can accumulate treasure cards, I would be interested in having that info.

Sarai Shadowweaver
Grandmaster Theurgist