Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

house crafting: fact or fiction?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 16, 2009
Calling all crafters out there. I confess, the only crafting I have EVER done is for quests only, so, yeah, I'm pretty much clueless about the whole thing. However, I heard a rumor that you could craft a house! That made me really excited!!! :-D Sad thing is, I also heard that it costs big money. Which I do not currently have. Anyways, even if I can't afford to craft a house, would some crafting genius please confirm or deny this rumor? If it's a deny, then alright, life goes on. If it's a confirm, could you tell me more about where to find the recipe and all that jazz? Please enlighten a poor confused wizard. ;) Many thanks!

Your answer is in our Update News!
https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/updatenotes/july2010

Crafting comes to Grizzleheim
Torald Wayfinder finally has a new set of recipes, bringing new Grizzleheim items for you to craft. But the really big news is that he was able to find a recipe for a Grizzleheim House!

The crafted Grizzleheim house will be a definite challenge even for our Master Artisan Crafters. Please note this house can only be crafted once per character and if you already have the maximum number of houses (3) on that character, you will not be able to craft this house.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Community Leader
Greetings viradis,

As a housing player I do a lot of furniture crafting, you can buy so many great things from each world and you there is now a house!!! Zeke is awesome and gave you the link. I want to explain some features ;)

Although crafting can be both not very expensive or expensive reason for saying this is if you harvest your reagents and only pay for recipe, then it is very reasonable, if you buy them all it becomes expensive. The houses cost roughly same as any other school house if you harvest all your reagents. To preview this house just go to the recipe vender in grisslehiem , go to house recipe and click preview. it took me a few days by using many of my crafting wizards to make the pieces of this house. You can also make new furniture items from recipe vender in GH, same as house if you harvest reagents makes them less pricey

Hope this helps

Survivor
Dec 16, 2009
Thanks for the help! I saw the GH crafting house the other day and I was in awe. I completely love it. Could definately take a while to save up for it, but next time I want to buy a castle, GH will most certainly be on my mind. Again, thanks for the tips and advice, and for clarifying this little matter for a befuddled wizard The world is right again lol

Defender
Jun 03, 2009
Hello and thanks for the thread. I'm currently crafting this house and I to have a few tips One if your not willing to buy any items and by the way a few were avalible at the bazar until the day after this house went on the market. Yes indeed I saw 100 water fountains and later the same day they were gone as were the wooden water towers that you need four of for the recipe ornate stepping stones same thing. Were these removed or bought idk but it sure seemed odd they were all gone the very same day huh? After that I had to hunt down Five recipes to craft the needed items, buy them and start the harvesting. Don't get me wrong I loved the house on first sight however it seems very unfair for those items to be removed from sale in the bazaar. Here is one example of whats needed to be crafted.
Four carved stone towers- 2 Locust swarms, 3 shadow oil, 44 bronze gear ,1 glass vile ,42 stone blocks and 12 scrap iron this will make you ONE tower and you need four for the house recipe do the math ! :-( if you think harveting for this is going to be cheaper guess again plus your time in game with all the mind numbing gathering of things needed. I have worked in this recipe for a couple weeks and yes I buy what I can as needed and will continue until I have got all the items needed are crafted :-) I'm fianlly down to 12 things to craft and have spent a few hudred thousand to get this far happy hunting and crafting to all.
UPDATE : I started crafting itmes for this the day this house went on the market and very happy to say PHEW I can craft the house later on today. WOOT GO CRAFTERS! and a tip start a journal as soon as you start this project it really did help me.