Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hoarding reagents

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 20, 2010
Once I reached the end of Avalon, but helped my friends on their quests, I found myself with the maximum allowable gold. I had all the houses I wanted and had maxed out the number of housing items for each one. I even used the elixir to to increase that limit to 300. I also had the maximum number of treasure cards so I couldn't spend the extra gold on these. Buying extra decks and storing treasure cards there helped a bit.

Now I will get to my point.......

The only way to keep from losing more gold, I started hoarding regents. As of this posting I now have roughly 59,000 total reagents. I keep a maximum of 980 of each. If you have more than 993 of one reagent, you cant open a card pack as a pop-up appears saying there isn't enough room for the reagents. There are some reagents like the vines, amber, turquoise, fossils and sunstones that I haven't "maxed" out, but will get there eventually.

So now to the final question.....

How many reagents are you carrying around??????

Survivor
Aug 03, 2012
I am in the same boat as you. What I am doing is buying treasure cards and just giving them away to people, especially in Unicorn way where they are just starting out.

As far as reagents, I just craft stuff or use the transmute just to free up space.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
If you are on your first wizard I am surprised that you would be maxed-out with gold.

- I go through vast quantities pet hatching (40k+ per hatch).
- Gardening is useful for getting reagents & mega snacks, but the Avalon spells are expensive.
- Houses and castles can be purchased with gold and cost alot.
- Decorating houses gets really expensive.

But if you have all this and are done with pet hatching then there is no purpose in hoarding wealth. The spiral never has economic crises, famines, or war where wizards might lose property or wealth.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
tc are a good way to liquidate assets and bankroll your friends who are new and/or struggling.

I made six wizards shortly after signing up. I wanted all of the wizards to be mostly self-sufficient, but as it turned out I preferred to play on one particular one, so the other wizards place all their excess drops and reagents into shared, which goes towards supporting the storm wizard.

She has the best pet, the most pet options, the best clothes gold can buy, and is by far the highest level wizard at 40.

Problem is, she has loads of gold she can't possibly use at her level and now I can't transfer it back to some of the other wizards for their development, except through reagents or drops or some other filtering trick.

I don't really want to take a 60-70% loss just to be able to transfer funds from Stormy to Lifey and vice versa. Arbitrage with kelp futures in the bazaar loses its charm after the eleventy thousandth time.

It would really be handy if you could simply just transfer gold between wizards you own. Cash flow shouldn't be artificially limited or gimped - it's a virtual currency that if you want to pool it for your wizard team, you should be able to.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
You can shared bank loot between account wizards, and all wizards get the same amount of gold when selling stuff at the bazaar. So its always a goog idea to distribute loot to your other wizards so they can cash-in too.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
>The spiral never has economic crises, famines, or war where wizards might lose property or wealth.

well maybe it should.

Defender
Jun 18, 2012
OldStormWizard on Mar 24, 2013 wrote:
Once I reached the end of Avalon, but helped my friends on their quests, I found myself with the maximum allowable gold. I had all the houses I wanted and had maxed out the number of housing items for each one. I even used the elixir to to increase that limit to 300. I also had the maximum number of treasure cards so I couldn't spend the extra gold on these. Buying extra decks and storing treasure cards there helped a bit.

Now I will get to my point.......

The only way to keep from losing more gold, I started hoarding regents. As of this posting I now have roughly 59,000 total reagents. I keep a maximum of 980 of each. If you have more than 993 of one reagent, you cant open a card pack as a pop-up appears saying there isn't enough room for the reagents. There are some reagents like the vines, amber, turquoise, fossils and sunstones that I haven't "maxed" out, but will get there eventually.

So now to the final question.....

How many reagents are you carrying around??????
in marlybone and mooshu I can collect more than 100 cattail in one day. I can make about 1000 gold at the bazaar. I love selling stuff, but now I don't have anything to sell anymore.