Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Golden pearl drop rate

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Has anyone else noticed a SIGNIFICANT decrease in the drop rate of golden pearl from pearl? I have collected over 60 pearls with two different characters now and not a single golden pearl. I've had dry spells before, but never something this drastic. Is it just me?

Hero
May 27, 2009
I haven't collected a Golden Pearl from the Portico spawns in a few days, just regular pearls. I didn't think anything of it. There do seem to be days when the rares are a little "more rare" than other days. I got a lot of Aether with the Kelp, so I figured it was Aether's turn to be showing up.

Delver
Sep 26, 2009
I dont know, i have to collect 40 golden pearls or 400+ normal pearls...... Anyway, i find its not that bad, i go into an instance dungeon, the protico or something and there are 4 peal places, 4+ kelp places and a few shells plus the wooden chests. Every 10-20 pearls i get at least 1 golden pearl and one time i was lucky and got 2 in one round. Anyway good luck in finding them, what are you trying to craft?

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Spiritshadow wrote:
I dont know, i have to collect 40 golden pearls or 400+ normal pearls...... Anyway, i find its not that bad, i go into an instance dungeon, the protico or something and there are 4 peal places, 4+ kelp places and a few shells plus the wooden chests. Every 10-20 pearls i get at least 1 golden pearl and one time i was lucky and got 2 in one round. Anyway good luck in finding them, what are you trying to craft?

I'm trying to craft a level 58+ athame. Right after I posted this, I finally got a golden pearl, then two more. I guess it was just a much longer dry spell than usual. I do usually farm dungeon instance for my pearls. I just usually don't go more than 8 realm switches without at least one golden pearl... and certainly never 16. Well, at least until now. lol. I guess it was just a down day for me. Thanks for the feedback.