Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Full on Reagents / Rare Reagents

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 28, 2009
My wife and I have been having a problem lately. Of course, when you are looking for a specific reagent to make an item you are paying very close attention to how many you have and have harvested so that you know when you can go make the next item. It seems that we are running into some type of limit within the game because there comes a point where we stop getting reagents. I know that there is a limit on the number of individual reagents you can carry but I think that this limit is related to the total number of reagents in your backpack. For instance, you can carry 99 ore but you are harvesting for diamonds and you only have 16 (this is just an example). Now say that you need 20 diamonds. You are harvesting along and you have gotten two since the last time you checked your total and you go back into your reagent screen and find that you still have 16. What!? I know I got two more so where did they go. Come to find out if you go to the bazaar and sell some stuff then the diamonds start showing up again. So, I believe I have diagnosed the problem correctly. There must be a TOTAL limit of reagents you can carry in your backpack.
Suggestion: If a person is carrying the max number of reagents then they should get some type of notification or indicator letting them know that. Also, if you cannot pick up a reagent because you are not able to carry it then the reagent should remain where it is and the next person who comes along should be able to get it. In the example above the 20-30 ore that I found while attempting to find the diamond AND the two diamonds where wasted because they were not added to anyone's inventory. Albeit, I am NOT suggesting that if you have 99 ore you should not be able to harvest ore in order to find diamonds. I am only suggesting that if your "Total reagent limit" has been reached you should not be able to harvest anything until you correct the problem by selling other things. Although, a compromise might be possible if KI was able to allow the user to "extract" what was needed from a reagent. This would allow reagents to remain in place if it ONLY had ore in it when applied to the example above. A message could display that said "nothing of value found" because you already have the base reagent (ore) and the was not a diamond available. This would also allow others to come in behind people and find the things they need.
While we are at it, it would be VERY helpful if we were able to use the base reagent to "Make" the rare item. If we could take like 15-20 Ore to our crafting table and make a diamond this would almost eliminate the problems above.

Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
Zigmon wrote:
While we are at it, it would be VERY helpful if we were able to use the base reagent to "Make" the rare item. If we could take like 15-20 Ore to our crafting table and make a diamond this would almost eliminate the problems above.

EXCELLENT suggestion

Survivor
Jan 27, 2009
My understanding is that there is a limit on total reagents even though I haven't hit it. I believe I read it on the wizard central forum. Of course that also said there was a message the first time I think.

If I remember right, it said the limit was 125 screens worth in the bazaar, which I believe is 1000 items.

I like the crafting of rare reagents idea. There would be a recipe definitely worth buying :-P

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
I think a counter, as we have on everything from backpacks, houses, etc, with a listing of the max items (reagents) would also be good.

Hero
May 27, 2009
Defender
Aug 02, 2008
Lorenzo1950 wrote:
Zigmon wrote:

EXCELLENT suggestion

WOW another great suggestion!

AND Separate all the worlds to their own bazaar, and crafting as well.
Then it would eleminate most of the problems, although each world would
have to have all the regiments in it needed for all the recipes. etc.

Survivor
Jul 04, 2009
Maybe if you contact wizard101 at community@wizard101.com they might be able to help

Gabriel RubyBlood-lvl 25 Pyromancer/school of fire

Explorer
Feb 01, 2009
Lorenzo1950 wrote:
Zigmon wrote:

EXCELLENT suggestion

wow why didnt i think of that? that is great! i love it!