Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

fossil

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 11, 2010
14
I have found every regent without any problems just patience. But fossil is the hardest. It can only be gotten by stone block and it can not be transmuted. I went to Dragonspyre Academy to get stone block with fossil. I went through all realms and found one fossil. I need 50 fossil to craft the conga drums any ideas or suggestions Don't mention the bazaar I tried there and when i find one which is very rare it sells before i can purchase. Very frustrating.

Historian
May 01, 2010
665
lola1088 wrote:
I have found every regent without any problems just patience. But fossil is the hardest. It can only be gotten by stone block and it can not be transmuted. I went to Dragonspyre Academy to get stone block with fossil. I went through all realms and found one fossil. I need 50 fossil to craft the conga drums any ideas or suggestions Don't mention the bazaar I tried there and when i find one which is very rare it sells before i can purchase. Very frustrating.


Check the guy by the entrance to the survey camp in cl, he sells the transmute for fossil, and the Dragonspyre Academy and Vault of Ice has good spots for stone block.

Defender
May 25, 2009
121
Of course you can transmute it. Every reagent can be transmuted, or else that would be totally unfair to crafters. Heres a link to Wizard101 Wiki, on the transmute fossil card:

http://wizard101.wikia.com/wiki/Transmute_Fossil

Hope I help!

Champion
May 03, 2011
447
Fossil can be transmuted. The Celestia recipe vendor in the very back (left) of the Base Camp has the transmute fossil recipe. It takes 15 stone blocks for one fossil.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2010
3
It can be transmuted from stone blocks - I think the transmute recipe is available in Celestia.

Survivor
May 11, 2010
14
I have been to the guy near the survey camp, the one in the floating land, Dragonspyre and each world's crafter. I cannot not find a transmute.
Thank you for your help but I think this regent was overlooked or there is another vendor that I do not know

Survivor
Jul 28, 2009
9
Avery Templeton in Celestia has the transmute fossil recipe. Under his name it says Treasure Card Recipes but once you get in click on the little backpack icon in the top right corner until you see the other icons . Then click on the reagent icon at the top left side and you will find all the transmute recipes he has.
Hope this helps you.
Fossil drove me nuts too but between transmuting and trying to buy them at the bazaar it took me about a week to get all I need.
Good Luck =c)

Historian
May 01, 2010
665
lola1088 wrote:
I have been to the guy near the survey camp, the one in the floating land, Dragonspyre and each world's crafter. I cannot not find a transmute.
Thank you for your help but I think this regent was overlooked or there is another vendor that I do not know


If you cant find it at him, then there is one more place it might be, (dont shoot me) but have you checked in your bag? If its in there, then it cant be at the vendor, if not, must be a glitch.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2010
11
i would try looking through your book one more time under crafting. if you cant find the transmute spell from a vendor, then you may have purchased it earlier on in the game. once a transmute spell is bought, it disapears from all other vendors.

Survivor
May 11, 2010
14
Defender
Feb 28, 2011
185
saphirathedragon wrote:
Of course you can transmute it. Every reagent can be transmuted, or else that would be totally unfair to crafters. Heres a link to Wizard101 Wiki, on the transmute fossil card:

http://wizard101.wikia.com/wiki/Transmute_Fossil

Hope I help!


Every reagent can be transmuted? Maybe I overlooked vendors or something but havent found transmute for the basics, stone, ore, mushroom, mistwood.... idk

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
755
only reagents you can not transmute are the gems,vials,black coal,and the shadow oil from the vendors.

and the mist wood,stone block, ore, deep mush rooms and cattails from the harvest.

i have all the transmute spells as i am working on legendary crafter now.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2010
10
Now that I have finished my Legendary artisan badge... I was able to farm almost all my fossils from DS in the Necropolis, on the circular path by Nada Sunblade, and in the Atheneum, on the far side of the library. The circuit is timed perfectly to the realm change restrictions.... starting with "perfect" realm status, start in one location and collect, go to the other and collect, then change realms and go back the route in reverse. I was able to collect two-thirds of my fossils, quite a few sandstone, and the needed stone block to make sandstone/sunstone in just a couple of days.

Stormriven was the perfect place for me to get pearls (white, black, and golden) and kelp/aether. I also won aether and fossils doing the silver chests. Again, a perfect circuit around the perimeter of Stormriven collecting took about the amount of time needed to change realms.


Squire
Aug 12, 2009
594
The Pearls in the Grotto respawn and bounce between the spawn points. A group of 6 wizards sitting on the Pearl Spawns in 1 realm can easily get over 100 Pearls in an hour each.

I find DragonSpyre Academy as a great place for farming for Stone Blocks and Ore.

Logan Soulsinger
Legendary Artisan
Grandmaster Gardener
Transcended Theurgist

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
729
You've probably already heard of the transmutate from the other posts, but I'm here to say that Krokotopia has a ton of Stone Block, and Parchment.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
2
I need to find about 600 stone blocks so I can make 40 fossils and I can't find the stone blocks anywhere. I have been in every world/dungeon and every realm and it seems everyone got them does anyone have any tips?
Thanks.


Christina- Transcended