Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Diamonds

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 14, 2012
I have been trying to do the crafting quest for Dragonspyre for a long time. I have been trying really hard to get the Diamond Reagent for months. I have tried both looking for them, getting them from gardening and buying them in the Bazaar. When I do see them in the Bazaar, they are gone before I have a chance. Is there an easier way to get Diamonds?

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Survivor
May 04, 2013
I was stuck on the quest for a long time too, but i found out the best way to get diamonds is farming the cave of solitude where the rocks and krakens are. You can also garden Snap dragons/Burning snap dragons for them pretty easily.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Do NOT farm the Athenium, because everyone farms there!

Ore can be gathered in several parts of Grizzleheim and Krokotopia. Tomb of Storms and the Sphinx Island are two great places in Krokotopia where no one thinks to farm for ore. Chase S. also suggested the Cave of Solitude in Mooshu, another great place.

When gathering reagents, it's best to go during the early morning or late evening. Pick a good spawning area (where ore spawns in multiple locations) and run the whole area. Change realms, repeat. On a good run you may gather up 3-4 diamonds after going through all 40 realms, plus enough ore to transmute 10 more. After 2 or 3 dedicated runs you should have found quite a few and gathered enough ore to transmute the rest.

You can buy the Transmute Diamond recipe from Felicia Worthington in Marleybone.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven

PS: The next reagents you're going to struggle for are Blood Moss and Black Pearls. Easiest way to start on those now is to fight Manders in Krokotopia until they drop Pink Dandelions, the more you have the better. Plant those!! They are wonderfully helpful to crafters.

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
Get the transmute diamond recipe from Felicia Worthington in regent's square. Then gather heaps of ore.

The best place for ore I have found is in Mirkholm keep. This guy has made a map of an efficient route to run: www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?169243-Mirkholm-Keep-Ore-Map . Visit all the spots shown going north, switch realms, then visit all the spots again going South, switch realms, repeat.

Unfortunately finishing your Apatheosis rings is just the start of the things Balthazar will insist you make from him. He'll want a couple of robes, which are pretty easy, and then a couple of bookshelves, which are harder than the rings.