Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crafting Tips

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 29, 2012
I've never crafted before with any of my wizards because it seemed expensive and a waste of time when I was a lower level, but now three of my wizards are past level 50 and the winter tusk gear is all anyone talks about. Is it to late for me to start crafting? Should I just farm waterworks for gear? If I should start crafting, please leave some tips on where to buy things, what plants to grow, or where to find some reagents. All of this would be very appreciated

If it makes a difference, my level 50 wizards are life, storm, and fire.

Survivor
May 14, 2011
It's definitely not too late to start crafting! I would recommend for you to craft instead of farming waterworks, but that's my preference :P As for where to buy recipes, Carax Strongthread sells some good recipes that are level 56+. I usually grow EMP's, not just for the mega snacks, but for the sunstone and aether they drop with each harvest. For reagents, don't stress about it too much. If you see any reagent, pick it up, it will come in useful later! Also, the transmute recipes help a lot as well. Good Luck!

Exalted Ice
Initiate Storm

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
theurgistswag on Feb 1, 2015 wrote:
I've never crafted before with any of my wizards because it seemed expensive and a waste of time when I was a lower level, but now three of my wizards are past level 50 and the winter tusk gear is all anyone talks about. Is it to late for me to start crafting? Should I just farm waterworks for gear? If I should start crafting, please leave some tips on where to buy things, what plants to grow, or where to find some reagents. All of this would be very appreciated

If it makes a difference, my level 50 wizards are life, storm, and fire.
the good news is, it's not too late to start; even better, you only need to do the crafting quests on one wizard.

i remember when i sold all of my reagents (i had already completed all crafting quests up to the max level, which was 60 or 70 at that time); when the new worlds, and new crafting quests, came out, i was suddenly struggling to find the materials i needed... the good news was, i eventually did, but the bad news was that it took forever.

ever since then, i have stockpiled reagents in my shared bank like no one's business... and you should, too, because you never know when you will need them.

depending on what you need:

-gardening (evil magma peas are a crown-shop item, but they pay for themselves)
-drops
-bazaar
-harvesting
-transmutation (your best friend, for those hard-to-get ones like aether and sunstone)

my balance and death didn't bother with the crafted stuff, since they farmed waterworks before the drop rate was lowered and got their gear right away; storm and life weren't so lucky, in that they went in after the update and had to farm for 15-20 levels to get their full sets, but the crafted gear worked great for them (life is actually still wearing her hat, and she's level 73 now).

i hate crafting, but it's well worth it for this gear; i wish you the best of luck.

-von
exalted
trans
grand
magus