Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crafting question

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 03, 2011
Is it possible to craft things that aren't your element? I want to craft something on one character and trade it over to another, but I don't know if I can even craft it

Thanks,
Wolf StrongFist, Level 125
Wolf WinterFist, Level 44

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Wolf StrongFist on Jul 10, 2018 wrote:
Is it possible to craft things that aren't your element? I want to craft something on one character and trade it over to another, but I don't know if I can even craft it

Thanks,
Wolf StrongFist, Level 125
Wolf WinterFist, Level 44
Yes, most things can be crafted on an off-school wizard even if they can't equip it. Make sure it can be traded though before you do it!

Spells MUST be crafted on the wizard you want to learn it - they can not be traded or moved, so always be careful to double check you're on the right one before crafting a spell!

TC can usually only be crafted by a wizard of that school...but I don't think other schools can even buy the recipes so you won't mistakenly try and then waste reagents. (Eg Centaur TC can only be crafted by life wizards)

I hope this helps

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
In general, if you can buy the recipe on that wizard then you can also craft the item.

If crafting that item will not be possible for your particular wizard, then you also won't be able to buy that recipe. This seems more true in the highest levels than in the middle or lower end of the game. For example, the Empyrea gear recipes are school-restricted, and I think the Arcanum wands are as well.

Alia Misthaven